• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Quick

Banned
That piece of theater led me to this. Yeesh.

TIL Del Zotto has no chill.

I've heard of about half of these. Kave said it best that the league has a dark underbelly.

That spreadsheet is wow.

I don't know if Dany Heatley in any other league would have gone on to have such a long career afterwards for instance. The NHL (as with every other sports league) has a really dark underbelly, only difference is the NHL one seems to be brushed to the side a lot easier by the public.

I'd like to think people are less forgiving these days of athletes, but they definitely don't get the attention that other athletes in different leagues get.

I feel like Evander Kane's antics in Winnipeg got more attention than most of those accounts on the spreadsheet.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Between 2004-10 Trevor Timmins selected six players who are wearing letters this season... and the reigning Hart and Vezina Trophy winner.
Based Timmins

Patrick Kane receives the loudest roar from fans as he steps on the ice for the beginning of #Blackhawks camp.
sYIZ9Bi.png

Red_Man

Bournival still has concussion symptoms.......

That's pretty severe, don't imagine things get much better for him any time soon.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I can't talk about the Blackhawks that much considering the Preds have Ribeiro. Will definitely be some awkward feelings this season.

I played it too, it was a really cool level, and very original too!

Thanks! I actually played one of your levels very early this morning and it kicked my ass. Will have to try again later.

All these leagues have a dark underbelly. I don't think hockey's is any worse than football's, or any of the other 'big' sports in NA.

Remember the Notre Dame (alleged) rape cover up? Iirc the victim ended up committing suicide.

Red_Man

AGally & Semin just had a beautiful passing play that ended with Semin scoring and I'm at full mast.

Marvie_3

Banned
That spreadsheet is wow.

I don't know if Dany Heatley in any other league would have gone on to have such a long career afterwards for instance. The NHL (as with every other sports league) has a really dark underbelly, only difference is the NHL one seems to be brushed to the side a lot easier by the public.
Ray Lewis killed a guy as well and hes going to the hall of fame.

Youre right that every sport has some fucked up shit going on.

i dunno why but finding out ovechkin turned 30 yesterday makes me feel old

ps today's my birthday :D

pps happy birthday marvie
thanks! :D

I guessed they missed the memo that everyone is guilty until proven innocent these days
I missed that memo too. :/

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Damn there's a stream available?

I've been busy making a new level in Mario Maker. A little harder than my last one.

48EF-0000-004A-CC29

Red_Man

Damn there's a stream available?

I've been busy making a new level in Mario Maker. A little harder than my last one.

48EF-0000-004A-CC29
It's over now, it was only two periods.

Beaulieu looks noticeably faster, and Tinordi on the other hand is a goner if he doesn't have a great camp.

Quick

Banned
Grabner's at camp now, and he's already breaking Lou's rule.

https://instagram.com/p/7xnPjQIf69/

Lou will send his people out to correct Grabner's hair attitude.

Hotline Miami needs mouse + keyboard imo. Only frustrating parts for me were the weird collision physics sometimes.

Maybe it's just the controls. But yeah, super frustrating on the Vita. I don't personally recommend it on the Vita, but it seems like it was made with handhelds in mind.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Maybe it's just the controls. But yeah, super frustrating on the Vita. I don't personally recommend it on the Vita, but it seems like it was made with handhelds in mind.

I didn't have a problem mastering it with a DS4. I did, however, get very frustrated playing it on the Vita.

Hotline Miami is kind of difficult to "git gud" at, but once you do, there's no feeling quite like flying through those levels. I think it's well worth putting the time into.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Lol. Bartkowski and Sbisa playing on a pairing together. You're welcome, all 29 other teams in the league.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 31m 31 minutes ago
In August, Alain Vigneault said this to me of Chris Kreider: "I expect great things from him this year." Today he said he should be "elite."

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 25m25 minutes ago
AV also said this of Kreider: "It's his time to shine now." He also said of Stalberg: "You're only going to get so many kicks at the can."
Sounds like AV's putting a lot of pressure on Kreider to up his game this year. Having a Regular Season Rick Nash on the first line and a Playoffs Chris Kreider on the second line would be pretty scary stuff.

Also, that line about Stalberg is literally the exact same thing AV said about Benoit Pouliot, word for word.

Sorry to keep peddling this book, but you guys ever hear the story about Jeremy Roenick shitting his pants in the middle of a game?
We had some ridiculously funny moments, such as the time I had to explain to Keenan that I needed to leave a game in Vancouver, in the third period, because I had soiled my drawers. Maybe I didn't need to tell him, because everyone on the bench could smell the problem.

Having felt ill all day, I went into the corner and got checked hard. At impact, my bowels did an unexpected evacuation. When I returned to the bench to sit down, my odor caught everyone's attention.

"Who shit themselves?" Blackhawks trainer Mike Gapski asked.

He was undoubtedly joking, not knowing that I had done exactly that. I was so uncomfortable that I had to inform Keenan I was leaving the bench with 15 minutes left in the third period. I missed 5 or 6 minutes of the game because I had to change my underwear. It was the most embarrassing moment I ever had in the game. Pardon the pun, but you can imagine the shit I took over that episode.

Red_Man

Bergevin & Therrien went to Patches house to tell him about the news last night but went to the wrong house :lol

Edit: Max on the verge of tears through this, it obviously is really important to him. Happy to see him respond like this.

Quick

Banned
Has anyone downloaded IOS9 yet?

Yep. Installed it on my iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2, and iPod Touch 5th gen.

I didn't have a problem mastering it with a DS4. I did, however, get very frustrated playing it on the Vita.

Hotline Miami is kind of difficult to "git gud" at, but once you do, there's no feeling quite like flying through those levels. I think it's well worth putting the time into.

Probably counterintuitive, but if only I could use my DS4 on the Vita.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome way to start training camp Wings...

Jerome Verrier crashed into Helm during a drill and both are now injured; Verrier with a broken leg and Helm is being held out for concussion tests. Helm will miss the rest of training camp.

Top Bottom