• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Finally. We can all understand Corsi.

1UkpbJe.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy fuck I already wanna quit be a GM mode because of the shitty line up editing. Keeps putting a forward on D and a dman on the top 6. Jesus fuck.

Cake Boss

Banned
I heard that Be a GM is awful this year :/
Frustrating since it's my favourite mode

I just gave up. This whole player morale shit is unbearable. Only simmed 3 weeks and spent an hour on it because have to deal with player morale crap where everyone is a whiner and the shitty assistant coach line changes because of injuries. Its beyond fucked up. Never touching this mode again.

Speaking of GM modes...

I wonder if EHM will do a big update for the start of the NHL season?

I think FHM will be rolling out another edition soon too.

Samyy

I just gave up. This whole player morale shit is unbearable. Only simmed 3 weeks and spent an hour on it because have to deal with player morale crap where everyone is a whiner and the shitty assistant coach line changes because of injuries. Its beyond fucked up. Never touching this mode again.

Well I guess I'll just have to fucking wait for NHL 2017 :/

Why did they add that Player Morale feature anyway? It sounds like a dumb thing to put in a game

Cake Boss

Banned
This is how this morale thing goes.

Morale is down for player 1

Player: I feel bad because were losing
Me: play better and we will win.
Player: that was hurtful, my morale is now down again.

Which brings his overall down and now he sucks even more and plays shittier and loses more and morale keeps going down lol.

And endless stupid ass cycle of shittery.

Pikma

Banned

Which brings his overall down and now he sucks even more and plays shittier and loses more and morale keeps going down lol.

Sounds pretty realistic to me :lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

You just described last years Leafs.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Lol holy shit.

Still not sure it's worth 80 bucks though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what I'm more shocked at: Ho-Sang being insanely irresponsible, or how direct Snow was in his criticism.
Lou 2.0

I will say I didn't expect much out of Snow and in the beginning it seemed the Milbury curse would continue. However, they're one of the youngest teams out there with a franchise player and TONS of good prospects.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not sure what I'm more surprised about: Ho-Sang being so irresponsible that Snow had to be so blunt with his criticism, or Snow's response in general.

The response could be a last straw from things we don't even know about as well like with Kadri getting suspended last year for things Shanahan didn't want to divulge.

Quick

Banned
Lou 2.0

I will say I didn't expect much out of Snow and in the beginning it seemed the Milbury curse would continue. However, they're one of the youngest teams out there with a franchise player and TONS of good prospects.

The circumstances around Snow's hiring was just really bizarre that it seemed like the Islanders were in for another massive screw-up.

But the Isles went through some shit before it got better, and ownership had faith in Snow through it all, and their faith has been rewarded.

The response could be a last straw from things we don't even know about as well like with Kadri getting suspended last year for things Shanahan didn't want to divulge.

True. I figured there might've been some issues between Ho-Sang and the Islanders prior that may have prompted Snow to throw that comment out there.

Did Kadri actually have a bad reputation in Junior? I always felt like the Toronto media's just been on his ass for no legitimate reason, and his team suspension last year just gave them more ammo.

Now with Kessel gone, I'm concerned that Kadri is the new scapegoat.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Scapegoat #1 for the media is Babcock when all of a sudden this team isn't playoff calibre.

"But he was supposed to fix all of this"

Heck I've already heard Simmons already put out his first article blasting Babcock.

The main stories this year from the media will be Babcock not making this team better and then demands that Nylander/Marner/etc be brought up so we can see what we have.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Someone let me know when Hope Smoke gets healthy again and starts transcribing interviews.

I don't care much for his opinion on anything I've learned.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Therrien confirmed that Eller is playing left wing to start the season. On one hand, he's look really good with AGally & Semin, and is exactly what that line needs. On the other hand, how the fuck is DD going to hand the tough match ups? And if he keeps Patches with DD, I will go and take a shit on his desk.

Samyy

So Therrien confirmed that Eller is playing left wing to start the season. On one hand, he's look really good with AGally & Semin, and is exactly what that line needs. On the other hand, how the fuck is DD going to hand the tough match ups? And if he keeps Patches with DD, I will go and take a shit on his desk.

Doesn't that sound like what's happening? Pleckanec would handle the tough match ups?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doesn't that sound like what's happening? Pleckanec would handle the tough match ups?
He's playing with Gallagher and Fleischman right now, not really a line to handle toughs, not to mention Pleks had his best season offensively in 5 years last season because Eller had begun to take more of the tough zone starts. Moving him away from center is stupid, he's too valuable defensively.

Samyy

He's playing with Gallagher and Fleischman right now, not really a line to handle toughs, not to mention Pleks had his best season offensively in 5 years last season because Eller had begun to take more of the tough zone starts. Moving him away from center is stupid, he's too valuable defensively.

Offence? Who cares about offence?! /Therrien

How the heck are these lines going to work? I feel there's going to be a trade early this season.

Quick

Banned
Scapegoat #1 for the media is Babcock when all of a sudden this team isn't playoff calibre.

"But he was supposed to fix all of this"

Heck I've already heard Simmons already put out his first article blasting Babcock.

The main stories this year from the media will be Babcock not making this team better and then demands that Nylander/Marner/etc be brought up so we can see what we have.

Babcock will definitely be the big scapegoat, but Kadri will probably fall into the same hole.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got around to putting some time into Mario Maker. Pretty awesome how easy it is to design courses. I dont have many tools unlocked but I figured Id share my first level.

A33A-0000-0052-1059

Pikma

Banned
You guys remember how I said I had mixed feelings about the Gulls jerseys? Well, after seeing the really fucking horrible jerseys poor Texas Stars fans/players will have to wear until who knows when I've decided to replace my previous statement with the following:

God bless the San Diego Gulls and their magnificent jerseys.

Quick

Banned
You guys remember how I said I had mixed feelings about the Gulls jerseys? Well, after seeing the really fucking horrible jerseys poor Texas Stars fans/players will have to wear until who knows when I've decided to replace my previous statement with the following:

God bless the San Diego Gulls and their magnificent jerseys.

These? They're not bad at all. The AHL logo needs to be placed somewhere else though.

FullBody.jpg

CloseUps.jpg

Quick

Banned
Jerseys with drawstring collars are getting overplayed, but still, not bad. The empty spot where the NHL logo would be is especially glaring to me.

I'm guessing they're gonna put advertising as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers don't seem to be taking things slow today.
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 3h 3 hours ago
Hit of the day: Kevin Klein takes out Richard Nejezchleb so hard into boards that Nej's nameplate is now affixed to the glass!
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 3h 3 hours ago
And the letters are jumbled...
Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny 3h 3 hours ago
No exaggeration...it is still stuck on the glass!
Optimus Klein already putting in work.

Sounds from AV like the top 3 on-ice test results went to Rick Nash (second year in a row he's ranked near the top), Dominic Moore, and Brady Skjei. Interesting.

Top Bottom