• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some more details about the Rangers' conditioning test results:
Nash who impressed a year ago had "even better" test results this year according to the head coach, who added that Skjei was among the most pleasant "surprises" with his test results. However without naming specific players, Vigneault did says, "There were some real positive signs on a lot of players. On others, there's room for improvement."
Looks like we've got some more of last year's Regular Season Rick Nash on the way.
Jesper Fast, Tanner Glass and Chris Kreider were complimented by Scott Arniel yesterday in the locker room following their conditioning tests.
Naturally.
Jarret Stoll wasn’t breathing heavy when he came off the ice while Viktor Stalberg “seemed more gassed than most” after the second session of workouts.
Hmm.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
NHL 16 is just frustrating.
Menus are frustrating.
Skating feels frustrating.
Face offs are frustrating.
Defending is frustrating.
Trading is frustrating.
Battles for loose pucks are frustrating

Menus
Last one I played was years ago and while he menus still sucked, at least I was able to breeze through the teams to see what I wanted. Now I have to hold L2 and go into another submenu to select?!

Skating
Could be me getting used to this but I just can't seem to get the momentum I need. I know is more realistic (somewhat) but it still feels off because I can't always seem to do what I want. I do like that attacking forwards aren't stupid and they don't line themselves up easily for checks. There was also one time I switched players and tried to poke check and it didn't work cause he got the puck about a split second later and then SHOT IT BACK TO THE DEFENDER TO GIVE HIM POSSESSION BACK. Phaneuf isn't THAT bad...! D:

Face offs
What the fuck am I doing?! D: They keep lifting my stick.

Defense
As mentioned, it's harder to get a good check in and I'm relying more on position to intercept passed and to try and get between attacker and goalie. It's the board play I'm really weak at and I just find I lack options when I'm trying to take the puck away besides poke check. One play Riely went into the corner and held his man up while Phaneuf was down. The attacker in the corner though seems to do a rocket like seeing eye tape on tape pass to a player streaking down the slot. Bull shit.

Trading
I like that each team has a need and players they don't want. It is more realistic but also makes finding a partner more difficult. Just the adding and going into all the menus to double check stuff though is so clunky.

Battles for the loose puck
I'm using hybrid controls and I just feel limited unless there's a button I'm not aware of when I'm trying to just swing away to try and shoot it towards the net.

Odd stuff
I lost almost all my draws in the TBL/CHI game and still won in the final minute. Messed those Hawks up good...!
That Grabner trade, Snow was extremely happy ;'(
Marner, Kapanen, Nylander, and other Leafs wow do they suck and this is way out of line and I'm not just saying that as a Leaf fan. Other scouts and analysts have said they're elite talents.
Also, Greening got a hat trick on me and Winnik had a 3 stride lead on Karlsson and he still lost
So basically, fuck you, Cake Boss! >=[

Foggy

Off-duty Bob

JU84k3Q.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DNA test for Kane are in

DNA evidence does not confirm a woman’s allegations that Patrick Kane raped her, four sources familiar with the case told The Buffalo News.

DNA tests taken from a rape kit conducted on the woman showed no trace of Kane’s DNA was found in the woman’s genital area or on her undergarments.

The lack of that DNA evidence does not necessarily mean a sexual assault did not occur, legal experts say, and the evidence involved in this type of investigation typically consists of more than just DNA. The investigation continues, and Kane has not been charged with any crime.

Still, Kane’s DNA was found beneath the woman’s fingernails and on her shoulders, according to two of the sources, one of them a member of law enforcement.

Red_Man

If you're a Czech rookie and Jagr wants to sleep with your girlfriend, you should be honoured.

Samyy

Jagr is like unmarried right?
"Pay up or the whole world will know you slept with an 18 year-old model!"
Not sure she thought that one through lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you're a Czech rookie and Jagr wants to sleep with your girlfriend, you should be honoured.

On the one hand, your girlfriend's a cheater who takes pics and blackmails... on the other hand, you're eskimo bros with Jagr. Tough call.

Jagr is like unmarried right?
"Pay up or the whole world will know you slept with an 18 year-old model!"
Not sure she thought that one through lol

That's what I was thinking too :lol

Snapchat, you old geezers!
Well sorry! I don't use snapchat because I'm not cool enough.
This is hilarious:

"Jagr blackmailed to pay 50.000 CZK or his after-sex photo gets published, says "I don't care", photo gets published"

From reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/3lmk6e/jagr_blackmailed_to_pay_50000_czk_or_his_aftersex/

.... Apparently it was an 18-year old model who's also the gf of a Czech U20-player.

Jagr is a legend.

Jagr still living like a Rockstar.

Hey Marvie, not sure if you got on at 830 or not to play some Gears, but I had a family emergency pop up late this afternoon and I'm just getting back now.

Fiancee's grandpa had two heart attacks this morning. But the dude is totally fine. Fucking boss.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I feel like throwing my phone in the garbage

I'm dating someone where when we're together it feels like we're eventually going to be married

But the second we start texting it feels like our relationship is about to fall apart

So frustrating

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm dating someone where when we're together it feels like we're eventually going to be married

But the second we start texting it feels like our relationship is about to fall apart

So frustrating

are you me?

Red_Man

So frustrating
I've had to deal with the exact same thing for the past year or so. It's so fucking frustrating and I'm at the point now where I feel like if it's that way, then it's not meant to last. It's just so difficult to accept when it works so well in person.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It doesn't help that i'm the respond right away fluid conversation type of guy... but holy shit the 1 hour response times (in the middle of a back and forth) and very short answers like "k" and "its good" to a question like how's your day going or a large paragraph full of detail makes me bash my head against the wall.

I've had 2 times where i have nearly freaked out and called it quits and then i see her in person and the mood drastically changes

Can spend all day with her and then some and talk endlessly but the second we're texting i feel like we're trying to communicate via morse code

I even told her outright she's the worst texter on the planet lol

Marvie_3

Banned
BUT HE WAS GUILTY AND SHOULD HAVE SKIPPED CAMP

Hey Marvie, not sure if you got on at 830 or not to play some Gears, but I had a family emergency pop up late this afternoon and I'm just getting back now.

Fiancee's grandpa had two heart attacks this morning. But the dude is totally fine. Fucking boss.
Whoa, glad hes ok. I ended up staying out later than I was planning so I wasnt able to get on xbox live tonight. Should be around most of tomorrow though.

Pikma

Banned
With the shit I've been going through these last 5 months I haven't even had the time/energy to date someone, not even interested tbh, guess I've been kinda depressed.

Top Bottom