• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

It doesn't help that i'm the respond right away fluid conversation type of guy... but holy shit the 1 hour response times (in the middle of a back and forth) and very short answers like "k" and "its good" to a question like how's your day going or a large paragraph full of detail makes me bash my head against the wall.

I've had 2 times where i have nearly freaked out and called it quits and then i see her in person and the mood drastically changes

Can spend all day with her and then some and talk endlessly but the second we're texting i feel like we're trying to communicate via morse code

I even told her outright she's the worst texter on the planet lol

Personally, after my last relationship I told myself I will never argue over text/etc ever again. If things turn sour I now tell (girls) that I would prefer to just talk about it in person. Having long back and forths over texting is incredibly frustrating, and when you distance yourself from those situations, that kind of scenario (fighting/arguing over a long text message thread) seems just crazy as fuck. I wish you luck man, no one likes feeling like crap

Heretic

Goal and assist tonight, old man Schuey still got it!
MY MAN!!! Schuey Getzlaf!

image.php

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
Lol hold on to her, pal!!!

It doesn't help that i'm the respond right away fluid conversation type of guy... but holy shit the 1 hour response times (in the middle of a back and forth) and very short answers like "k" and "its good" to a question like how's your day going or a large paragraph full of detail makes me bash my head against the wall.

I've had 2 times where i have nearly freaked out and called it quits and then i see her in person and the mood drastically changes

Can spend all day with her and then some and talk endlessly but the second we're texting i feel like we're trying to communicate via morse code

I even told her outright she's the worst texter on the planet lol

That's the worst...

I liked Whitney while he was here in Edmonton, it's a shame things soured.

Guy can be boneheaded at times but he was a passionate player. Hope the best for him. It sucks when injuries end careers early.

Merguson

Banned
Piracy or it being illegal or something.

I remember someone on the NHL board asking about alternatives to Gamecenter and 2-3 people started talking about hockeystreams and they ended up being banned for it.

I'm curious to see if anything happens to HS because of the MLB Advanced Media partnership. I think MLBAM is suppose to be quite aggressive in shutting down illegal streaming.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGallys line is just killing the other team. I need to see them play in a real game already.

Quick

Banned
It's weird being able to actually watch a Jays broadcast.

Either I've been listening on the radio or keeping track with notifications via The Score app this season, since I just haven't had the time to watch.

Samyy

When did you guys move out from your parents house?
Starting work full-time in a week so I was just curious about renting an apartment in Toronto and these prices...fuck. I'm gonna be stuck at home for a bit longer :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Starting work full-time in a week so I was just curious about renting an apartment in Toronto and these prices...fuck. I'm gonna be stuck at home for a bit longer :(
When i left for college. Never moved back.

Red_Man

I was 19 when I moved out for school. How close are you to your job now? If your close it's probably a good idea to just stick it out for a bit and save up some cash, rent is ridiculous in Toronto, particularly downtown.

Samyy

When i left for college. Never moved back.

My university was close enough where I could commute. Stayed on residence for my first year, after that the money just never made sense :/.

I was 19 when I moved out for school. How close are you to your job now? If your close it's probably a good idea to just stick it out for a bit and save up some cash, rent is ridiculous in Toronto, particularly downtown.

My office is like right by Union so I just need a 40-60 minute commute (Go Train), so yea I'll probably try to save a ton of money and move out next year hopefully.

Quick

Banned

If it's not too terrible to get to work and your living conditions are fine, I'd suggest staying home and save a lot of money. Had a few friends who moved out and rented an apartment near downtown, and they all moved back home within a year because it was just too expensive.

Samyy

I just want to get out of Mississauga :(
So damn boring :(
And the trains back to my area stop at like 7-8pm, fucking cheap ass Go Transit >=(

Pikma

Banned
My university was close enough where I could commute. Stayed on residence for my first year, after that the money just never made sense :/.
This is exactly my case, the only thing that worries me is that I'm already 24(!), but I'm saving to move out by the time I graduate/start to work (in 8-10 months)

Stasis

When I was 18. Didn't really have a choice as my mom moved to another country. I just kept the apartment we had been living in at the time. It was all furnished and rent wasn't too high. I took over her bigger room and used mine as an office. It was fun times.

Living in a major city is a different ball game. I think only Montreal is still affordable solo, in terms of worthwhile Canadian cities. Maybe move out to a close suburb with easy train access? I don't really know the Toronto area all that well.

Either way I wouldn't rush it. Hell if you can tolerate it I'd save up for years and then just flat out buy something. Can be a small purchase to start. That's basically your springboard that leads to bigger and better purchases down the line. Much harder to achieve while renting, especially if solo. I do understand the desire to leave the nest asap, but the nest provides many benefits for the future!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

a week after prom

Thoughts about the scrimmage today: Petry looked great. TomᚠFleischmann is surprising me he seems like a Soild 3rd line guy. Eller looked good. I'm worried about Tinordi though.

Red_Man

My office is like right by Union so I just need a 40-60 minute commute (Go Train), so yea I'll probably try to save a ton of money and move out next year hopefully.
You'll be looking at $800 + along with having 2-4 roommates to live downtown. It's not feasible to live on your own down there unless you're making a lot of money.

Samyy

Either way I wouldn't rush it. Hell if you can tolerate it I'd save up for years and then just flat out buy something. Can be a small purchase to start. That's basically your springboard that leads to bigger and better purchases down the line. Much harder to achieve while renting, especially if solo. I do understand the desire to leave the nest asap, but the nest provides many benefits for the future!

If I stayed at home for 2-3 years I could definitely buy something good, trouble is I'm impatient :p.

This is exactly my case, the only thing that worries me is that I'm already 24(!), but I'm saving to move out by the time I graduate/start to work (in 8-10 months)

Yea I wish I had worked more during school, I basically burned through my savings this summer studying for my professional exams :/

If it's not too terrible to get to work and your living conditions are fine, I'd suggest staying home and save a lot of money. Had a few friends who moved out and rented an apartment near downtown, and they all moved back home within a year because it was just too expensive.

Yikes, I can see why, I looked at it and tried to plan it out and basically I would have no money to actually do anything fun if I also wanted to save a little which kinda defeats the purpose.

You'll be looking at $800 + along with having 2-4 roommates to live downtown. It's not feasible to live on your own down there unless you're making a lot of money.

I was actually looking at singles! Man $800-1000 is a different story, I was looking at $1500-1700.

Roommates though...I had a nightmare roommate scenario in residence so not sure if I want to go down that path again.

Top Bottom