• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

When did you guys move out from your parents house?
Starting work full-time in a week so I was just curious about renting an apartment in Toronto and these prices...fuck. I'm gonna be stuck at home for a bit longer :(

Left home for the military at 18. Returned home at 23. Lived with my parents for a year. Moved in with my baby mama until I was 27. Moved back in with my parents afterwards. Moved to LA when I was 29.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Riemer's new bucket

CPX__3IUsAQgqlX.jpg:large

Curufinwe

Predicted lineups for tomorrow's two games against NYI coutersy of Appleyard at HFB.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779808

Allentown:
Raffl -- Giroux -- Voracek
Umberger -- Lecavalier -- Gagner
VandeVelde -- Bellemare -- White
Rosehill -- Bardreau --Konecny

Del Zotto -- Medvedev
Manning -- Schenn
Provorov -- Drewiske

Neuvirth
Oulette

Brooklyn:
Read -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Porter -- Laughton -- Schenn
Leier -- Cousins -- Palushaj
Aube-Kubel -- Martel -- Connor

Macdonald -- Gudas
Morin -- Gostisbehere
Hagg -- Pyett

LaBarbara
Stolarz

Pikma

Banned
Predicted lineups for tomorrow's two games against NYI coutersy of Appleyard at HFB.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779808

Allentown:
Raffl -- Giroux -- Voracek
Umberger -- Lecavalier -- Gagner
VandeVelde -- Bellemare -- White
Rosehill -- Bardreau --Konecny

Del Zotto -- Medvedev
Manning -- Schenn
Provorov -- Drewiske

Neuvirth
Oulette

Brooklyn:
Read -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Porter -- Laughton -- Schenn
Leier -- Cousins -- Palushaj
Aube-Kubel -- Martel -- Connor

Macdonald -- Gudas
Morin -- Gostisbehere
Hagg -- Pyett

LaBarbara
Stolarz
LaBarbara still plays hockey? Wow

Pikma

Banned
Here's my latest Mario Maker course:

WVW69iaGk7sWIR2QUB

It's the Metal Man level from Mega Man 2 100% remade, almost 1:1*

*The few liberties I took were just to make it a more fun SMB level.

Socreges

Banned
lamaroo, I beat your level!

Did you mean for the (moving) shell to be what people would use to reach the end? I ended up racing to the end so I could use the bullet bill. Didn't want to get that far and have to trust the shell.

Awesome level design. Exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for. Reminded me of the 'K' levels from DKCR/TF

My gf was laughing at me the entire time. Got a bit frustrated with myself a couple times

One of the first things I did as I just bought the game a few hours ago. I'll go through later on and try the other NHLGAF levels

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
lamaroo, I beat your level!

Did you mean for the (moving) shell to be what people would use to reach the end? I ended up racing to the end so I could use the bullet bill. Didn't want to get that far and have to trust the shell.

Awesome level design. Exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for. Reminded me of the 'K' levels from DKCR/TF

My gf was laughing at me the entire time. Got a bit frustrated with myself a couple times

One of the first things I did as I just bought the game a few hours ago. I'll go through later on and try the other NHLGAF levels

Wait, did you get bullet bills to stay on screen until the end?

The first red koopa you run into originally. You were supposed to grab its shell and use it to jump the spike gap in front of the piranha plants. There was a pipe over the middle of the gap so you couldn't just jump over. You could also grab the trampoline and throw it on there as well.

Check out that Super Meat Bros level the GameXplain guy made, it should be one of the top rated levels, or in the featured section still.

Socreges

Banned
Wait, did you get bullet bills to stay on screen until the end?

The first red koopa you run into originally. You were supposed to grab its shell and use it to jump the spike gap in front of the piranha plants. There was a pipe over the middle of the gap so you couldn't just jump over. You could also grab the trampoline and throw it on there as well.

Check out that Super Meat Bros level the GameXplain guy made, it should be one of the top rated levels, or in the featured section still.
Yeah I used the trampoline to get over the piranha plants. But I'm talking about the very end just after the pipe spitting out the koopas. As far as I could tell the only way to get past the last spikes was to jump on a moving shell, but I noticed that if I got there quickly enough I could use the bullet bill.

I really wish we could save replays of our run throughs. I'm sure it'd be cool for you to see people playing your level.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I used the trampoline to get over the piranha plants. But I'm talking about the very end just after the pipe spitting out the koopas. As far as I could tell the only way to get past the last spikes was to jump on a moving shell, but I noticed that if I got there quickly enough I could use the bullet bill.

I really wish we could save replays of our run throughs. I'm sure it'd be cool for you to see people playing your level.

Oh wow, it never even crossed my mind to keep up with the Bullet Bills, yeah the koopa shell was the only way I had intended to get across there.

Replays are my number one most wanted feature right now, well that and the ability to choose between different songs for your level.

I'd also love Super Meat Boy respawn/retry times while attempting levels too. It's quicker to hit Start Over instead of waiting for the death animation/music to finish.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't played them yet,
Attack on Airship: 68E7-0000-0054-14CA
Attack on Airship 2: 6136-0000-0054-1BA6

Probably not going to upload my current stage. It's kinda slapped together and doesn't really have a theme.

Oh and Preds won their first preseason game and stuff.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't played them yet,
Attack on Airship: 68E7-0000-0054-14CA
Attack on Airship 2: 6136-0000-0054-1BA6

Probably not going to upload my current stage. It's kinda slapped together and doesn't really have a theme.

Oh and Preds won their first preseason game and stuff.

Played them yesterday, fun stuff, never frustrating. You seem to have at least one clever gimmick(hate that the word has become synonymous with bad) throughout your levels that you utilise well.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey Vancouver goons, when is the best time of year weather-wise to visit your city? I don't like being hot, and I don't like being rained on.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey Vancouver goons, when is the best time of year weather-wise to visit your city? I don't like being hot, and I don't like being rained on.

Never, in that case?

Okay from Cali, our summer will probably not be "hot" hot, so you should be fine anytime May-August probably. Our winters are fairly rainy, so if you really wanna avoid rain you can't book too far in advance without the forecast out.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs first wave of cuts. Not really much of note here, but four 2015 draftees in Marner, Dermott, Nielsen, and Timashov survived this cut. Cool.

I am sure marner and dermott will get a couple of exhibition games at minimum before being sent down

Yawnier

Banned
I am sure marner and dermott will get a couple of exhibition games at minimum before being sent down

Yep...

Also, I think at least part of the reason why Timashov made this cut is because he doesn't a contract to play with a CHL team right now (he played with Quebec last season). He could just end up going to Europe. Honestly he's probably good enough to play in the SHL.

Edit: Actually nevermind, I guess he is going back to Quebec this season (or they own his CHL rights)?

zroid

Banned
two preseason games tomorrow?! I feel spoiled

how long will it take till I'm sick of preseason garbage games

Calamari41

41 > 38
Never, in that case?

Okay from Cali, our summer will probably not be "hot" hot, so you should be fine anytime May-August probably. Our winters are fairly rainy, so if you really wanna avoid rain you can't book too far in advance without the forecast out.

Rain isn't that big of a deal really. I'm thinking April-ish would probably be the time that works out best for us... As long as it's not a rain apocalypse around that time, we'll probably go then. Late April sounds like a good middle ground.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Rain isn't that big of a deal really. I'm thinking April-ish would probably be the time that works out best for us... As long as it's not a rain apocalypse around that time, we'll probably go then. Late April sounds like a good middle ground.

nah, late april should be fine. fall/winter has more rain.

Hockey started yet? I'm almost settled into my new place in Mississauga

Quite a change from Ottawa. William Nylander and Brendan Shanahan go to my gym lol.

Hilti92

Got to see all the guys today in Halifax. Pretty cool experience. Ended up getting most of their autographs on my jersey and a couple of pucks signed by Kadri and Clark. It's crazy seeing how quick and skilled it looks when you're there in person. Babcock is also pretty intense.

zroid

Banned
Got to see all the guys today in Halifax. Pretty cool experience. Ended up getting most of their autographs on my jersey and a couple of pucks signed by Kadri and Clark. It's crazy seeing how quick and skilled it looks when you're there in person. Babcock is also pretty intense.
pictures?!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lineup vs. the Devils tomorrow:

Goalies:
Magnus Hellberg
Antti Raanta

Defensemen:
Dan Boyle
Raphael Diaz
Dylan McIlrath
Brady Skjei
Chris Summers
Keith Yandle

Forwards:
Luke Adam
Ryan Bourque
Jesper Fast
Brian Gibbons
Tanner Glass
Marek Hrivik
Chris Kreider
Oscar Lindberg
Jayson Megna
Dominic Moore
Viktor Stalberg
Derek Stepan

Raanta and Hellberg will be splitting time for the games on Monday and Tuesday. Yes, there is a competition for the backup job.

Henrik Lundqvist will play in Boston on Thursday.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hockey started yet? I'm almost settled into my new place in Mississauga

Quite a change from Ottawa. William Nylander and Brendan Shanahan go to my gym lol.

You know what to do for LeafsGAF, sneak some pics from the locker room.

New Mario Maker course, had a lot of fun making this one. Went for some vertical platforming this time, not too hard.

3E74-0000-005A-D2C2

Cactus

Banned
I've been busy, but I managed to make some Mario Maker levels. I'll post them when I get a chance. Tried to make them skill based rather than gimmicky or unfairly difficult.

I'm eager to try all of yours, too.

Top Bottom