• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Quick

Banned
Rain isn't that big of a deal really. I'm thinking April-ish would probably be the time that works out best for us... As long as it's not a rain apocalypse around that time, we'll probably go then. Late April sounds like a good middle ground.

I'm actually planning my own possible trip to visit Vancouver. Looking into flights atm.

Tabris

Vancouver is a great city. And too big for Tabris to mess it up.

Vancouver is amazing! You'll love it. Make sure to enjoy downtown.

We've had a weird set of rainy days lately though, so I dunno bout outdoor stuff as much.

Also I'm in the Pros list for Vancouver :p You cynical sports fans are in the Cons list :p

Calamari41

41 > 38
Vancouver is amazing! You'll love it. Make sure to enjoy downtown.

We've had a weird set of rainy days lately though, so I dunno bout outdoor stuff as much.

Also I'm in the Pros list for Vancouver :p You cynical sports fans are in the Cons list :p

I've heard bad things with regards to the city's density and public transportation.

Tabris

I've heard bad things with regards to the city's density and public transportation.

Shush you, you're heard great things and you're about to experience how amazing a dense city is.

Unless you've been to New York, Tokyo, Singapore, London, or Hong Kong before.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
density? Vancouver is a lot of things, but "dense" is not one of them. Unless that's one of your new fancy words for "stoned", then yeah.

also in the grand scheme of things, our transit system isn't so bad. It might be untimely, but it can ultimately get you anywhere! Also it's miles better than whatever Toronto calls public transit.

RC

Banned
I'm looking to visit some friends, so it's actually gonna be a multi-city flight.

I haven't looked into accommodations yet. I might actually speak with a travel agent about this.

If you can stand hipster douchebags, you'll be fine.

And there's lots to do in Vancouver. My week in Calgary reaffirmed this to me.

Quick

Banned
Quick, be sure to visit your old home in West Victoria. Beers on me

Soc pls. I'm born and raised.

But yeah, I just thought about it an hour ago and I want to do it. Just worried about expenses after paying for the flights.

I'm looking at the October/November possibly.

If you can stand hipster douchebags, you'll be fine.

And there's lots to do in Vancouver. My week in Calgary reaffirmed this to me.

I'd probably only stay in Vancouver for a few days. Can't afford to lose too much time off work. But I don't doubt the activities in the city.

RC

Banned
Soc pls. I'm born and raised.

But yeah, I just thought about it an hour ago and I want to do it. Just worried about expenses after paying for the flights.

I'm looking at the October/November possibly.

Bring an umbrella.

Tabris

density? Vancouver is a lot of things, but "dense" is not one of them. Unless that's one of your new fancy words for "stoned", then yeah.

You probably haven't traveled much around North America. Because most American and Canadian cities have only Financial downtowns and sub-urban districts or low rise housing in their downtowns. Most don't build up but build out housing. Think of famous cities like San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, etc. They all follow the model of sub-urban districts and/or low rise housing.

Our downtown is built more like Hong Kong then North American city and our downtown is one of the densest in North America for housing.

Quick

Banned
It's like snow only more like your mom

oB6fqUU.gif

I'm reporting you to the Ministry you commie.

Tabris

also in the grand scheme of things, our transit system isn't so bad. It might be untimely, but it can ultimately get you anywhere! Also it's miles better than whatever Toronto calls public transit.

Our public train system is some of the most timely networks in the world. Only truly world class cities have it better. Of all the cities I've been to, the only one I preferred more then Vancouver for public transit was Tokyo. New York's subway was really gross.

That's why I always think it's funny how much Vancouverites complain due to some break downs once every couple of months. Grass is greener on the other side.

Smiley90

You probably haven't traveled much around North America. Because most American and Canadian cities have only Financial downtowns and sub-urban districts or low rise housing in their downtowns. Most don't build up but build out housing. Think of famous cities like San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, etc. They all follow the model of sub-urban districts and/or low rise housing.

Our downtown is built more like Hong Kong then North American city and our downtown is one of the densest in North America for housing.

Dude I'm from Europe and you're trying to teach me about low-rise housing? Jokester.

Our public train system is some of the most timely networks in the world. Only truly world class cities have it better. Of all the cities I've been to, the only one I preferred more then Vancouver for public transit was Tokyo. New York's subway was really gross.

That's why I always think it's funny how much Vancouverites complain due to some break downs once every couple of months. Grass is greener on the other side.

Again, don't presume I don't know what I'm talking about, but sure.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I can't imagine it holding a candle to LA's public transportation system of "get mugged twice on your 50 minute, 6 mile bus trip."

Pikma

Banned
I just realized the image I shared didn't have the ID code -_-

Well, here it is.

WVW69iaLYuMWhoFOTH

Nobody has been able to beat it yet :p

Tabris

Dude I'm from Europe and you're trying to teach me about low-rise housing? Jokester.

Yeah but Europe has low-rise housing everywhere in their downtowns. They don't follow the North American model I'm talking about where it's a financial centre then sub-urban districts or districts of low-rise housing.

Europe is full of dense cities, but North America isn't. Thus my point. Jokester.

EDIT - And Europe's density is different then Vancouvers. Vancouver follows the asian city urban planning model then North American or European.

Again, don't presume I don't know what I'm talking about, but sure.

You just said it's untimely but it's one of the more punctual transit subway/train systems in the world.

Tabris

Smiley90

Somebody's mistaking "stopped giving a damn" with "submission" i see

calling Europe "full of high-density cities", I don't even

Tabris

calling Europe "full of high-density cities", I don't even

When you compare them to North American cities, the downtown cores of Europe cities have a much higher densification of housing to them due to the North American model of Financial downtown cores and sub-urban "white flight" and "car culture". Of course they don't compare to Asian cities, which was part of my point again.

Smiley90

Somewhere stasis is furiously fapping

EDIT: Everyone's wearing a Kreider jersey except one girl with a Nash 61. what's up with that

Stasis

Just amazing. Gif material indeed. I love how it's 6 Kreiders and 1 Nash. Maybe it's the math. 181? I just can't comprehend how this glorious thing came to be.

I really need to know more about this. Like, why did they choose the Rangers and those numbers. Are they actually all nuts about Kreider or just the colors and 20? :lol

edit: or because it's posted on the 20th? So many possibilities!

Smiley90

Just amazing. Gif material indeed. I love how it's 6 Kreiders and 1 Nash. Maybe it's the math. 181? I just can't comprehend how this glorious thing came to be.

I really need to know more about this. Like, why did they choose the Rangers and those numbers. Are they actually all nuts about Kreider or just the colors and 20? :lol

edit: or because it's posted on the 20th? So many possibilities!

I guess because the concert was on the 20th, but that explains neither Nash nor why the Rangers in the first place, unless the concert was in New York? (which I don't think it was?)

Also

:lol I hadn't seen this.

I was busy fapping.

TOTALLY CALLED IT LOL

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Seems like the Super Mario Maker thread in the Gaming sides move really darn fast. Often time, many courses just get overlooked because of how fast people are posting about their courses. Guess I'll let NHL-GAF know about my full stage called Flappy Mario. Obviously inspired by Flappy Bird, haha. The main stage isn't very hard to clear, however, I encourage you guys to try to find all the secrets in this stage. 100 total coins up to grab and 3 1Up mushrooms all up for grab !

Hint:
Check one of the pipes, something about it look odd, doesn't it ?

C6CA-0000-005A-B5AD

Please do give feedbacks if you have a chance to play the stage ! I spent quite a few hours working on it and I hope it satisfies all sorts of platforming itches Mario players have ;) Once again, I know you guys are all Mario pros here, so try to look for the secret stuff. The main stage is easy by design because it's supposed to be referencing Flappy Bird. The secret stuff is as close to a typical Mario stage as it can be, so please give it a go !

Stasis

I guess because the concert was on the 20th, but that explains neither Nash nor why the Rangers in the first place, unless the concert was in New York? (which I don't think it was?)

I've given it some thought. This is my conclusion.

"Girls, we're doing this concert on the 20th, so we need something with the number 20!"

"Let's use some sports team jerseys from the USA!"

*They Google, quickly realize that Rangers jerseys are fucking sexy, pick them/Kreider.*

"But wait, there are 7 of us. One needs to be special and front/center. We can't all be 20! Who's their best player?!"

*They Google, see that Nash led the team in points last year and as a bonus had exactly 69 of them*

"I'll be Nash. He had 69 points last year!"

"YAAAAAAAAY"

And then we got this video.

Pikma

Banned
I've given it some thought. This is my conclusion.

"Girls, we're doing this concert on the 20th, so we need something with the number 20!"

"Let's use some sports team jerseys from the USA!"

*They Google, quickly realize that Rangers jerseys are fucking sexy, pick them/Kreider.*

"But wait, there are 7 of us. One needs to be special and front/center. We can't all be 20! Who's their best player?!"

*They Google, see that Nash led the team in points last year and as a bonus had exactly 69 of them*

"I'll be Nash. He had 69 points last year!"

"YAAAAAAAAY"

And then we got this video.
God bless their overcomplicated way of thinking

Hilti92

pictures?!
74wkCOU.jpg

07hgX3U.jpg

HJtBohL.jpg

Didn't get Rielly, Lupul, Phaneuf, JVR or Bozak but getting Babcocks, Marner and Nylanders made up for that. Curtis Glencross was probably the nicest guy that was at the event. Signing autographs steady and actually having decent conversations with the fans. Hope he makes the team.

zroid

Banned
74wkCOU.jpg

07hgX3U.jpg

HJtBohL.jpg

Didn't get Rielly, Lupul, Phaneuf, JVR or Bozak but getting Babcocks, Marner and Nylanders made up for that. Curtis Glencross was probably the nicest guy that was at the event. Signing autographs steady and actually having decent conversations with the fans. Hope he makes the team.
niceeee

Top Bottom