• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Cake Boss

Banned
Defense for tonight's game.

CPlvb1QXAAEWHXt.png

DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

Just finished watching the game, Kassian is an idiot and I can't wait for the day for him to be traded.

Stand outs for me were McCarron, Petry, Barbario, Pateryn and Mitchell. I think people underestimate how positive of an affect having a player like Petry for a full season will have on this team. DSP definitely looked smoother and faster, but I still don't have high expectations.
I'll leave my impressions from last night.Mitchell is a Soild 4th liner. I think DSP is going to be better than he was last year he looked alright. Petry is great as always thank you Edmonton, now send Yakapov to us pls. McCarron was great, He looks like a giant compared to the rest of the Habs on the Ice.

I think Kassian will be a double edged sword. He could help with scoring but I feel he's going to take a lot of stupid penalties.

I miss Sekac :(

Cake Boss

Banned
I think the fact that Cowen is the only regular roster member of that group is showing what the organization is starting to think about him.

I only see 1 NHL dman in that group and it ain't Cowen.

Wideman

Chabot already surpassed him on the depth chart through 1 preseason game lol.

zroid

Banned
I heard that a HabsEOTP blogger was hired by TSN Radio Montréal to work on their hockey coverage. That's pretty great!

edit: woops I got that wrong, it's a Sirius XM hockey radio show. Still good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lines at practice

#Habs: Les trios du jour.
Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin
Flynn-Plekanec-Gallagher
Fleischmann-DD-Weise
JDLR-Mitchell-Kassian
Hudon-Andrighetto-DSP

#Habs: À la ligne bleue...

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Barberio-Pateryn
Tinordi

DSP playing on a line with the kids and Tinordi playing behind Barberio and Pateryn are bad signs for those guys. Sub in Patches for Flynn and I don't hate that forward group.

Samyy

Dermott and Nielsen are gone because the OHL/WHL are starting and they had no chance at the roster, but both played well, especially Dermott.

I didn't notice the Goat.
Leivo was disappointing, this should have been a big camp for him.
Timashov was fantastic but the Q season already started and I don't think they want him to miss too many games.
Bailey needs a year of pro hockey.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Lines at practice

DSP playing on a line with the kids and Tinordi playing behind Barberio and Pateryn are bad signs for those guys. Sub in Patches for Flynn and I don't hate that forward group.

I'd rather Hudon be given a chance over Flynn on that second line but oh well. I guess they're worried about matchups seeing as DD is now centring the third line.

Curufinwe

Anyone else agree that attempting to block slapshots as often as players do now is a bad idea? I cringe when our guys do it in preseason after all the broken feet injuries the Flyers had last season.

When you're as likely to break a bone as save a goal it seems like a bad bet unless you're in a really important, close game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
A guy on my hockey team got leukemia. I saw him two weeks ago and he was fine, then boom..sick, in the hospital and starting treatments. He is only 23. Scary stuff!

Quick

Banned
Anyone else agree that attempting to block slapshots as often as players do now is a bad idea? I cringe when our guys do it in preseason after all the broken feet injuries the Flyers had last season.

When you're as likely to break a bone as save a goal it seems like a bad bet unless you're in a really important, close game.

A lot more players are wearing skate guards now, but that's still not a guarantee.

As admirable as shot blocking is, and how much more prevalent it is, it's always a better idea to me to give your goalie a clean look at the shot instead. But situations are different, and it's all circumstance.

A guy on my hockey team got leukemia. I saw him two weeks ago and he was fine, then boom..sick, in the hospital and starting treatments. He is only 23. Scary stuff!

That's terrible. Here's some well wishes for him.

zroid

Banned

shot blocking is really scary as shit in general. so much can and does go wrong. i wish it didn't have to be a part of the game but it doesn't seem like there's any straightforward way to get rid of it.

awful. fucking cancer, man.

I just spent two hours trying to go shopping for a P.A. with a toddler. If you're trying to imagine the worst place to have a toddler around, I'm pretty sure it's a music store.

Pikma

Banned
Damn that's terrible. I wish the best to him, hopefully everything goes well with his treatment.
A lot more players are wearing skate guards now, but that's still not a guarantee.

As admirable as shot blocking is, and how much more prevalent it is, it's always a better idea to me to give your goalie a clean look at the shot instead. But situations are different, and it's all circumstance.

That's terrible. Here's some well wishes for him.
Yeah but trying to give your goalie a clean look is not a very good idea in a lot of cases since most of the time you're not the only one between the puck and your goalie, so even if you try to stay aware of your position in relation to the puck and your goalie, there will always be others, especially on the opposite team, blocking the goalie's view.

Quick

Banned
Damn that's terrible. I wish the best to him, hopefully everything goes well with his treatment.

Yeah but trying to give your goalie a clean look is not a very good idea in a lot of cases since most of the time you're not the only one between the puck and your goalie, so even if you try to stay aware of your position in relation to the puck and your goalie, there will always be others, especially on the opposite team, blocking the goalie's view.

Oh definitely. That's why I said situations are different. It's not meant to be the all-in-one solution, but it's certainly an option.

Top Bottom