• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Curufinwe

Listening to the Kidd Chris show from today as they discuss the prank calls at Torts' press conference. Usually they can only manage to get in on the conferences of 2nd tier college coaches.

Marvie_3

Banned
News 4, WIVB-TV ✔@news4buffalo
#BreakingNews: Erie Co. Commissioner of Central Police Services says all evidence in #Kane case is accounted for in its original packaging
So the attorney was making a big deal out of an empty bag?

Tabris

Or vice versa. People are overreacting all over about this.

You're essentially the same as a Ray Rice defender before the tape.

Can't fault you for it, and I even thought the Ray Rice situation was overblown (people calling him to be suspended for years before I mean) until I saw the tape. Now I've learned better.

Athletes are supposed to be held to a higher standard by their leagues, so it should be suspended until proven innocent or the scope is understood, not the other way around.

Merguson

Banned
I'm confused.

The ripped bag. The one with the Nurse ID on it. Is that the bag that the rape kit was put in for testing to the lab for DNA?

Or are we talking about a different bag?

imBask

Banned
fVOGcT5.jpg

what

Calamari41

41 > 38
So the attorney was making a big deal out of an empty bag?

This makes it seem even more like the attorney acted without involvement from the DA's office.

Has anybody corroborated the attorney's story here? About how he "confirmed" that the bag in his hands is The Bag?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm confused.

The ripped bag. The one with the Nurse ID on it. Is that the bag that the rape kit was put in for testing to the lab for DNA?

Or are we talking about a different bag?

I don't even know

the word "original" in that evidence bag statement confuses me, if it's "original", then why does the ripped bag the attorney has have the nurse's signature on it? WHAT IS THAT BAG lol

I'll just wait it out. I'm sure eventually we'll know wtf happened. Until then, let's all watch Kane score goals because it's not like that'll give the NHL a bad rep.

I recommend watching what the attorney for the accuser had to say

There is zero reason for a bag with matching identification number to show up on a doorstep like that. The whole thing is fucked.

yeup.

This makes it seem even more like the attorney acted without involvement from the DA's office.

Has anybody corroborated the attorney's story here?

Doesn't even matter, it's not like the attorney can just "get" the evidence bag and remove it if he wants to - something has to have happened to get that bag in his hands.

Marvie_3

Banned

Has anybody corroborated the attorney's story here? About how he "confirmed" that the bag in his hands is The Bag?

Even if it is the bag, it's still just a bag unless I read things wrong? That there wasn't anything in it?

HariKari

Even if it is the bag, it's still just a bag unless I read things wrong? That there wasn't anything in it?

You can't pop on down to Office Max or Staples and buy yourself a rape kit bag doppelganger. He checked with law enforcement, prosecutors, and people that have worked at the lab, and the hospital where it was performed. It shouldn't be seen anywhere outside of law enforcement's hands. That alone is troubling enough. But you add in someone obviously blowing the whistle and the bag being ripped, things get dark.

Smiley90

It's "just" a bag as much as "this was the bag the evidence was in at some point, why do I have this bag, what happened to the evidence between being in this bag and the bag it's in now", yes

The Kane situation took a hell of a turn with this possible evidence tampering. It's quite the statement...in either direction.

With regards to if he should be suspended or not, the way I look at it is yes, Kane is innocent until proven guilty. This is his right. Playing hockey is not, it is a privilege granted by the league he works in. The league needs to set an example and take a stand: you fuck around legally you get suspended. The players need to be smarter with what they do. The potential for extortion rises, yes, but if this goes the other way and Kane is found guilty, can you imagine how tone deaf will the league look?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
UGH Splatoon is starting to piss me off, there's so many things wrong with the fucking matchmaking and overall ranked system, it is fucking broken as fuck.

The connection is unstable.

I don't even want to try ranked because I get disconnected all over the place. It seems to have gotten worse.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You can't pop on down to Office Max or Staples and buy yourself a rape kit bag doppelganger. He checked with law enforcement, prosecutors, and people that have worked at the lab, and the hospital where it was performed. It shouldn't be seen anywhere outside of law enforcement's hands. That alone is troubling enough. But you add in someone obviously blowing the whistle and the bag being ripped, things get dark.

That's the wrench thrown in for me, though. I trust his presentation based on the fact that he checked it out and got confirmation that this is The Bag. But now we've got the people who he would have checked with saying that The Bag is still where it should be, untouched.

It's a cluster fuck from where I'm sitting.

It's "just" a bag as much as "this was the bag the evidence was in at some point, why do I have this bag, what happened to the evidence between being in this bag and the bag it's in now", yes

Here's my question: has anybody other than this attorney said any of this? Has anybody who would know given any kind of confirmation?

Merguson

Banned
I recommend watching what the attorney for the accuser had to say

There is zero reason for a bag with matching identification number to show up on a doorstep like that. The whole thing is fucked.

Thanks for the link.

So considering the bag, and that Police Services have said all the evidence is in their original packaging, which suggests a strong possibility of tampering before it was handed off to Police Services.

“All evidence related to this case that was given to Erie County Central Police Services by the Town of Hamburg Police Department is accounted for and remains in its original packaging in the possession of Erie County Central Police Services,” Glascott said in a written statement. “This includes the evidence in the rape kit and the packaging itself. This evidence has been analyzed and reports of that analysis sent to the appropriate agencies.”

I assume the DNA testing was done after the hand-off to Police Services.

HariKari

But now we've got the people who he would have checked with saying that The Bag is still where it should be, untouched.

It's a cluster fuck from where I'm sitting.

1. The county says they have evidence. Not THE bag, just A bag. They make no judgement as to whether or not that evidence was tampered with because they can't know. They weren't the first ones to handle it.

2. The local PD says they have a clear chain of custody, which doesn't seem to be the case because rape kit bags with matching identifying information (a huge no no) are showing up on doorsteps.

Calamari41

41 > 38
1. The county says they have evidence. Not THE bag, just A bag. They make no judgement as to whether or not that evidence was tampered with because they can't know. They weren't the first ones to handle it.

2. The local PD says they have a clear chain of custody, which doesn't seem to be the case because rape kit bags with matching identifying information (a huge no no) are showing up on doorsteps.

OK, thanks, I guess I lost the plot at some point in the day here.

So someone other than the lawyer confirmed that there are two bags with matching ID numbers, nurse initials, etc?

HariKari

So someone other than the lawyer confirmed that there are two bags with matching ID numbers, nurse initials, etc?

I assume he is going to leave that to an outside investigation. There's no realistic way to corroborate that info.

As expected:
Shawn McKenzie ✔ @ShawnMcKenzieSN
The accusers lawyer is not surprised all evidence is accounted for with Erie County Central Police Services....(cont'd)

Shawn McKenzie ✔ ‏@ShawnMcKenzieSN
...His issue is "what happened from the time the evidence was collected, until it got to ECCPS."

I wouldn't even trade Kane for Cleary right now if that was an actual offer...* This is just getting crazier if it all ends up being true.

No, I probably still would. sigh...

Foggy

I assume he is going to leave that to an outside investigation. There's no realistic way to corroborate that info.

As expected:

So basically the county's saying "don't look at us, for all we know we got the right stuff" and it's up to Hamburg to explain what in the blue hell is going on.

Smiley90

I wouldn't even trade Kane for Cleary right now if that was an actual offer...* This is just getting crazier if it all ends up being true.

No, I probably still would. sigh...

You know you would, because even a suspended Kane would be better for the Wings than a playing Cleary.

So basically the county's saying "don't look at us, for all we know we got the right stuff" and it's up to Hamburg to explain what in the blue hell is going on.

Lawyer: We have this bag of evidence here, something's fishy
County: Don't look at us, we have the bag right here!

everyone else: WHY ARE THERE TWO BAGS

23qwerty

yo is darscot a known blackhawks fan
or do they just hate rape victims
wtf is that dude even talking about, strawman after strawman after strawman. it's fucking incredible

HariKari

Julie DiCaro ✔ @JulieDiCaro
Source: Atty for accuser in Kane case had 4 former DAs & members of sex offense ofc verify evidence bag left on doorstep was authentic (1/2)

Julie DiCaro ✔ @JulieDiCaro
within the last 24 hours & before they held press conference today. Met with DA today and turned over bag for investigation (2/2)

DA comin' (potentially)

Top Bottom