• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Pikma

Banned
I don't think I need to see our line up to declare that the St. Louis Blues will shit all over us tonight.

They will.

Edit: just saw the line up. It'll be interesting to see Lehtonen play the whole game, at least.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tinordi, Bournival, Thomas, and Ellis all require waivers to go down to the AHL. Seems likely Bergevin makes a move before the season starts, and pretty unlikely any of the kids crack the lineup with Fleischman here.

Good luck ya filthy animal

Best of luck, man!

I do not miss college at all.

I've had a few of those, God speed.

Thanks bros. Presentation was ace. First test was good. Second test was ok.

Overall it was a successful day. Thanks for the well wishes. All I want to do right now is have a celebratory drink. But I work in an hour.

Out of college 5 years now and I've finally stopped dreaming it was the end of the year and I knew nothing / had missed all my classes and was about to fail.

I've only had a nightmare like that once and it was horrible.

That dastardly Mike Reilly won't be coming to Columbus tonight. Coincidence or cowardice? Of course it's cowardice.

I didn't watch the first preseason game, but apparently he looked...not up to the task of the NHL. Lots of speculation he won't even start with the team when the regular season starts. He might need some AHL time.

Cake Boss

Banned
I cheer for the Habs in the playoffs actually...their team is fun to watch right now.

HabsGAF requires some tempering from time to time, though. Solo isn't around often enough to keep his boys in check

I hear yeee, I miss Solos realistic take on his team, breath of fresh air compared to all the homerism.

But I guess he's too busy swimming in pussy.

https://twitter.com/jasonpht/status/647119944740638720

cpsiktlw8aa1qbzmluou.jpg

Brooklyn's arena designers fucked up.

Just FYI: The name and multiple pictures of the alleged victim in the Patrick Kane investigation are floating around social media now. I know this goes without saying, but DO NOT retweet or repost any information you see.

Chris R

Nope, Brooklyn's arena is a basketball arena that happens to fit a hockey rink (and just barely).

Same shit going on at my University. They just built a $100+ million arena that can only be used for basketball, volleyball and gymnastics. It's a nice building, but the hockey team needs something to play in that wasn't built in the fucking 70s.

Foggy

I didn't watch the first preseason game, but apparently he looked...not up to the task of the NHL. Lots of speculation he won't even start with the team when the regular season starts. He might need some AHL time.

That's a shame, last I heard he had done well in the prospect tournament. It'll be good for him to get AHL time anyway.

Truthfully, the only reason it stung losing him was the defense is unquestionably the weak link right now. The fact that he passed on the opportunity to burn a year off of an ELC just so he could play for his home team is pretty admirable. Also, it helps that Paliotta came over in the Saad deal.

Also
#CBJ Brandon Saad said he had four root canals, spent four hours in dental chair on Tuesday.
Hole. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. SHIT. Homeboy still wants to play in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Mats Zuccarello had his on-ice testing on Tuesday and beat his scores from last season despite only starting skating after he arrived in NY about 2 weeks ago.

He plays in his usual spot on the Brass line tonight.

Solo

I cheer for the Habs in the playoffs actually...their team is fun to watch right now.

HabsGAF requires some tempering from time to time, though. Solo isn't around often enough to keep his boys in check

I hear yeee, I miss Solos realistic take on his team, breath of fresh air compared to all the homerism.

But I guess he's too busy swimming in pussy.

Hello lads. I'm still around and will try to post more during the season. Work has been crazy and my girlfriend and I moved in together 6 months ago so GAF time has been harder to come by.

And for the record, I think the Habs once again (sadly) will only go as far as Price will carry them unless AGally puts up like 60+ points and Semin scores 25+. Because otherwise, this is more or less the same offensively anemic team we dressed last year. And let's be honest, Therrien will put DD at 1C at the first sign of trouble. Much like last year, we have the best goalie in the world, solid defense, and questionable offense.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I hope Therrien gives him a chance. Semin can Redeem himself this year same with Kassian.

I could actually see Semin and Kassian playing well together--assuming the Habs allow Kassian to play as a playmaker, and don't try to shoehorn him into the role of a crash 'n bang power forward like the Canucks.

Syrinx

Even as a Canes fan who wanted Semin gone, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him have a good season in Montreal.

Just don't give him a crazy long-term deal. Make him keep earning it.

iLLmAtlc

Hasn't Semin dealt with some serious injuries the past few years? The wrist one is especially unfortunate given his devastating shot. Could just be a matter of fully recovering rather than his Russian showing.

Tho I guess Ron Francis didn't think so lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hasn't Semin dealt with some serious injuries the past few years? The wrist one is especially unfortunate given his devastating shot. Could just be a matter of fully recovering rather than his Russian showing.

Tho I guess Ron Francis didn't think so lol
Yea, he had a pretty serious injury. I also think he's the kind of guy to let his environment affect his play. Playing in front of a Montreal crowd, with a good team will be a lot different than playing in front of a basement dwelling team in Carolina.

If he can get back to some of what he can be, he can really change the dynamic of this team.

Top Bottom