• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
December babies how did you like it? My son's birthday is the 22nd and I keep being told he's gonna hate it.

It was tough sometimes as a kid because a lot of my friends would be busy/out-of-town for the holidays, but I've always liked having a birthday around Christmas. Lots of presents, and, as a teen, it provided opportunity to get creative with joint birthday and Christmas presents. Now, as an adult, I find that there's a lot of celebrating at that time of year, and I've learned to use it as an excuse to get the holidays started early. I usually take time off from my birthday to just after new years, for instance.

as a kid it sucked, lots of "Here, this is for your birthday and christmas" and my young mind was just pissed it was the same as my brother got for christmas, despite him getting another present back in july...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
December babies how did you like it? My son's birthday is the 22nd and I keep being told he's gonna hate it.

I loved it, but my birthday is early December. I got presents twice in one month. And it was always separate from Christmas.

You really need to make sure that you celebrate his birthday and Christmas separately. No combined presents.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Honda Center has had to implement new draconian security protocols in anticipation of the Kings visiting tonight. It's basically going to be like entering a prison, which is apt because the Pond will be full of felons once again.

Looks like the Canucks are sending their B team to Calgary to play the Flames. No Sedins, Vrbata, Horvat, Hamhuis, Tanev, Edler, Miller, etc.

Meanwhile the Flames are pretty much dressing everyone.

Quick

Banned
The Honda Center has had to implement new draconian security protocols in anticipation of the Kings visiting tonight. It's basically going to be like entering a prison, which is apt because the Pond will be full of felons once again.

Are you referring to metal detectors at each entrance?

League's made it standard for every arena in the NHL.

Sorry for ruining the joke :(((((

Tonight I'm going to my first frat party in like 3 years.

All I want to do is stay home and watch hockey :(

EDIT: Dastardly what do you call those douchebags in Australia that nobody likes? The ones like American rednecks? There's a funny term for them. I want to ask the Aussie girl in my class what she thinks about them next time I see her.

Are you referring to metal detectors at each entrance?

League's made it standard for every arena in the NHL.

Sorry for ruining the joke :(((((

When I was in New York at MSG, I couldn't get into the atrium without waiting for a bomb sniffing dog.

Then again almost everywhere I went, I had to have my bags looked at and/or walk through metal detectors.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Carr has a nice release. I can see why he led the Dogs in goal scoring last season.

Habs should be playing some preseason games in St John's to drum up support for the farm team heading into the season.

Top Bottom