• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Taking the C from an ape like Ference and giving it to a star player like Hall is the least surprising thing, although he comes across as pretty stupid. Eberle seems like a better choice, but he probably won't be an Oiler in 2-3 years.

Stasis

I mean, I do buy that you guys don't have fixed pairings. But Girardi still got the 2nd most 5v5 minutes per game of any NYR D-man last season. That's bad.

Most Rangers' fans will at the very least agree that it is not ideal, lol. Especially when it could/should have been Stralman.

Also, fuck this schedule I have right now. Going to be busy during most of the game and it's the first one where both teams are icing mostly their regular season rosters. Booooo.

Was looking forward to seeing the Yandle/McIlrath pairing. Wish Lindberg would be in though.

RC

Banned
damn, Save on Foods is offering canucks tickets to purchase with rewards points. I didn't know those points could actually be used for something USEFUL! For those that didn't get the email:

I have like, exactly 5300 points.... good enough. Sharks, Wild or Blue Jackets maybe?

Well look at Mr. Moneybags doing all his shopping at Save-On-Foods.

Yawnier

Banned
Tekken 3 was great but it's not on PSN.

I played and enjoyed a fair amount of early 3D fighting games in the late 90s/early 00s (like Battle Arena Toshinden). I liked them at the time but I find most of them, including the early Tekken games a bit rough to go back to now. The same goes for some PS1-era action games too

I'd much rather see Horvat centering the 2nd line, honestly.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Horvat-Vey
Baertschi-Virtanen(okay maybe not)-Hansen
Dorsett-Sutter-Prust

with Higgins healthy they could conceivably put Vey at center, yes.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Horvat-Baertschi
Higgins-Vey-Hansen
Dorsett-Sutter-Prust

?

... let's not talk about our defense, ever, please.

Kenins is waiver-eligible so I doubt he gets sent down. He'll be the 13th forward.

Virtanen or McCann will get a look with Higgins out, but unless they're insanely good I don't see them staying beyond 9 games.

Pikma

Banned
Racist

Also, ginger + hockey player = unavoidably pale
Not always true, Eakin is not pale at all

IMG_20150928_152344.jpg

Red_Man

Really wish the Pens had iced their big guns tonight, I'd like to see these top two lines go against some quality competition.

Don't know if it was posted but:

jonasTSN1050 said:
Babcock pulled Nylander aside after practice today. Said later that Nylander has to learn to "do it every day...bring it every game."

Welp, Nylander isn't going to see much ice time this year. Have fun with your future 3rd/4th line grinder now Leafs! This is Babs hockey!

Red_Man

I want the Nordiques back just so we finally have a team that will trade for Desharnais.

Welp, Nylander isn't going to see much ice time this year. Have fun with your future 3rd/4th line grinder now Leafs! This is Babs hockey!
You're trying too hard

Curufinwe

The Rangers commentators are quite well informed about the Flyers preseason so far. Accurate summations of LSchenn, Vinny and Gagner so far.

imBask

Banned
how do you have a bunch of empty seats right in front of the camera when you're trying to convince the league that it'll work out this time

Red_Man

Barberio has looked great all camp, too bad we have Emelin and Gilbert taking up space.

Red_Man

I thought he was bad last game, but he's had a good start to this one. Pateryn has been better than all of them though.
I didn't watch the last game at all :lol though I agree Pateryn has been just as affective. Bergevein really needs to start dealing some of these guys.

He's exactly right--it's how Babcock works.
And what Babcock is saying is exactly right, there's a reason most top picks who are centers start out in the league as wingers. It's difficult to maintain the consistency needed to excel at center at such a young stage. Anyone who thinks Nylander will be in the AHL until he's 23 / 24 because of Babcock is high.

imBask

Banned
I didn't watch the last game at all :lol though I agree Pateryn has been just as affective. Bergevein really needs to start dealing some of these guys.

just call Sweeney and say "Emelin. Big hits. Grit" and there you go they'll send us a first pick

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Hayes has been straight up bad throughout the preseason so far. Probably doesn't help that he hasn't really had consistent linemates to date, but he's been back to a habit he had early last season where he would hold onto the puck waaaaaaaaaaay too long. Hopefully he'll settle back into the groove he was in towards the second half of last season once the season actually starts. Worried about a sophomore slump with him, though.

Also, Mason has been incredibly sharp both times we've seen him so far. Don't like it.

Red_Man

Of note I just saw on twitter, Gallagher was on that second PP unit, not Weise. Therrien has never broken up lines for PP formations, I wonder if this is some of Ramsay's influence, hopefully it sticks.

Red_Man

Missed it.

DSP should be sweating with the way Fleischmann has been playing so far.
Deked his way through 3 Penguins then threw a blind behind the back pass to Eller who just missed scoring.

Forget Fleishman, DSP needs to worry about Kassian. I'd bet $100 right now he's not in the opening lineup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Deke his way through 3 Penguins then through a blind behind the back pass to Eller who just missed scoring.

Forget Fleishman, DSP needs to worry about Kassian. I'd bet $100 right now he's not in the opening lineup.

Kassian is already on the fourth line, I guess that's where DSP is starting too... If he beats out Flynn/Mitchell

Lil Bert is quickly becoming a favorite. Easily see him being a 3rd line scoring forward/checker with 2nd line scoring potential. Seems to be really smart with the puck and a great defensive game as well.

Quick

Banned
And what Babcock is saying is exactly right, there's a reason most top picks who are centers start out in the league as wingers. It's difficult to maintain the consistency needed to excel at center at such a young stage. Anyone who thinks Nylander will be in the AHL until he's 23 / 24 because of Babcock is high.

I'm all about this post. Nylander will be fine.

Syrinx

Canes have their roster down to 27. Basically it's six guys fighting for two spots.

Brock McGinn
Derek Ryan
Haydn Fleury
Noah Hanifin
Brett Pesce
Jaccob Slavin

Red_Man

Kassian is already on the fourth line, I guess that's where DSP is starting too... If he beats out Flynn/Mitchell
Flash - DD - Weise has looked fantastic, no way DSP or Kassian starts higher than the fourth line to start the season. I hope that line can maintain this kind of play into the regular season, it would be huge for this team.

Red_Man

Markov has looked very good tonight, vintage Markov. Now limit his minutes every night so he's not a corpse come playoffs.

Top Bottom