• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Someone shop Kane out of the NHL 16 cover.

Or you know... Put this guy on the cover

nhl-16-carey-price.jpg

Samyy

I remember they replaced Heatley with Sakic after the drunk driving, though this isn't as clear cut as that, or it'll take much longer to find out what happened.

Right but if it gets proved or whatever in 6-7 months and that covers sitting on the shelves with your name on it, and in homes, theres still a case you can make for being safe and changing it.

Kifimbo

Kane may be an asshole, but rape ? It's not like this guy has a hard time getting girls. Not to mention a rape incident that starts in a public place like a bar seems unlikely.

EDIT: I clearly can't express myself with enough nuance with such a delicate matter. Sorry about that.

If Kane really did this considering his status (rich and young athlete), and if he started to whole thing in a public setting with witnesses, he is not only an asshole, but a really stupid one (not to mention a criminal).

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
What's your NNID ?

katzagator

Ugh, I can't play until my TV gets fixed Friday. You guys will already be at the new level cap by then.

I'm only level 23! I think it will take a while to get to 50.

This tweet is making the rounds.

Hope this is not true.

Kane may be an asshole, but rape ? It's not like this guy has a hard time getting girls. Not to mention a rape incident that starts in a public place like a bar seems unlikely.

I'm not sure what to say to this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah I'll wait until the investigation is over as this is very serious charges.

If true throw the book at him. If not Tim Graham probably needs to issue a public apology.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Is this in reference to the Ben Roethlisberger case?

Silexx

Here's the thing, you're right that a high profile athlete like him should normally have no problems getting girls, but as a result a guy like Kane can develop a very high opinion of himself that the one time a girl suddenly shoots him down, he probably doesn't believe. He'll then start rationalizing that she's probably playing 'hard-to-get' and now we're in very dangerous territory.

Third-hand anecdote: my sister-in-law use to bartend and one night there was some Sens players in attendance (she didn't know which players they were as she doesn't follow hockey, but it sounds like it was the Spezza-Emery-McGrattan crowd). Anyways, they approach her with an invitation to some jacuzzi party and she has no interest in going. This apparently stunned them, "What do you mean you don't want to come?" She had to flat out tell them no repeatedly until they gave up. When you're used to have things going your way and then you finally get some push back, you may very well react poorly to it.

Socreges

Banned

EDIT: I clearly can't express myself with enough nuance.
I don't know if it's a matter of nuance. :p Your argument at its core is wrong.

Anyway let's see where this goes. Could be nothing. But holy fuck if it's not.

Kifimbo

Here's the thing, you're right that a high profile athlete like him should normally have no problems getting girls, but as a result a guy like Kane can develop a very high opinion of himself that the one time a girl suddenly shoots him down, he probably doesn't believe. He'll then start rationalizing that she's probably playing 'hard-to-get' and now we're in very dangerous territory.

Third-hand anecdote: my sister-in-law use to bartend and one night there was some Sens players in attendance (she didn't know which players they were as she doesn't follow hockey, but it sounds like it was the Spezza-Emery-McGrattan crowd). Anyways, they approach her with an invitation to some jacuzzi party and she has no interest in going. This apparently stunned them, "What do you mean you don't want to come?" She had to flat out tell them no repeatedly until they gave up. When you're used to have things going your way and then you finally get some push back, you may very well react poorly to it.

Yeah, you're right.

Update: Not good.

The Buffalo News said:
Patrick Kane, the star player of the Chicago Blackhawks who grew up in South Buffalo, is the target of a rape investigation by Hamburg police for an incident that occurred over the last weekend, two law enforcement sources have told The Buffalo News.

A local woman has accused Kane of a sexual assault, the sources said.

The law enforcement sources said that the woman went to a hospital and that tests using a rape kit were performed.

Top Bottom