• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

eyeless

Indeed, that was my point. Thank you for summarizing.
you had no point, the team and management around kessel was shit, the opposite is so for kane, the comparison is meaningless

the leafs didn't win more playoff series' because of their best player's "on-ice/locker room issues"? lol, yeah that was it

You desert peons disgust me. You all need to kneel and kiss the maple-scented ring.

nhl-toronto-maple-leafs-arizona-coyotes.jpg

Socreges

Banned
you had no point, the team and management around kessel was shit, the opposite is so for kane, the comparison is meaningless

the leafs didn't win more playoff series' because of their best player's "on-ice/locker room issues"? lol, yeah that was it
Join me as we discover the importance of context. You're conflating two very different posts.

First, look at what I was replying to. I was laying out what Merguson was hinting at: both have alleged character issues, yet their team success could not be more disparate. My following post was in reply to his at the top of this page, arguing "no ill effects on a team's performance", which I disagreed with. Come down from the ledge, eyeless, and absorb my actual argument, not the straw men you're constructing.

Soo many things to watch tonight. Hannibal, The Republican Circus starring Donald Trump, The Canadian Circus Starring Harpo the Clown and World Junior showcase.

dem

lol

Oilers with 14 more nationally televised games than the Flames.

#McDavid

Saw this on reddit.. havent actually counted myself.

Kane's not my favorite player on the Hawks but while known to party, this doesn't seem like him and surprises me.

We'll have to wait and see.

I saw there was news about him and thought at worst a DUI.

This is really bad.

Merguson

Banned
Do you actually believe that? Maybe, instead, a distinction could be drawn between Kane (off-ice issues) and Kessel (on-ice/locker room issues).

I'm not actually suggesting that I know that Kessel's character issues affected the team's performance. I suspect it did to some extent, though, with the media then aggravating things.

Yeah, I do believe it.

I just don't see how the issues with one player could affect a team's performance consisting of up to 23 players.

But that's just my opinion.

eyeless

Join me as we discover the importance of context. You're conflating two very different posts.

First, look at what I was replying to. I was laying out what Merguson was hinting at: both have alleged character issues, yet their team success could not be more disparate. My following post was in reply to his at the top of this page, arguing "no ill effects on a team's performance", which I disagreed with. Come down from the ledge, eyeless, and absorb my actual argument, not the straw men you're constructing.
ok
"both have alleged character issues, yet their team success could not be more disparate" yes, because the blackhawks are a good team and the leafs are a not good team, mystery solved

what exactly was the point you were trying to make with your first post that i was replying to, i wasn't the only one that didn't understand the point in your quick cup check comparison of kessel and kane, your point was that the fortunes of the blackhawks and leafs are very different? kewl insight

the fortunes of the leafs and hawks are very different because kane's issue are off-ice? that's your point? that's some sort of comparison that actually gives insight and explains why the leafs are a garbage fire team and the hawks are a dynasty?

thx for the insight, anyway i don't want to continue this discussion i don't care i shouldn't have had to type this much about dumb stuff

Erdrick

Yeah, I do believe it.

I just don't see how the issues with one player could affect a team's performance consisting of up to 23 players.

Just mentioning here about Evander Kane and his issues he had while here in Winnipeg certainly had an impact on the rest of the team. I can't speak on specifics, but they were assuredly negative given how the other players reacted and our GM subsequently traded him.

Not that I think Kessel was the only reason why the Leafs sucked last year, mind you.

Yeah, I do believe it.

If the documentary film GOON is anything to go by - and it is - one sourpuss skill guy who doesn't care about the team can cause lots of problems.

Socreges

Banned
ok
"both have alleged character issues, yet their team success could not be more disparate" yes, because the blackhawks are a good team and the leafs are a not good team, mystery solved

what exactly was the point you were trying to make with your first post that i was replying to, i wasn't the only one that didn't understand the point in your quick cup check comparison of kessel and kane, your point was that the fortunes of the blackhawks and leafs are very different? kewl insight

the fortunes of the leafs and hawks are very different because kane's issue are off-ice? that's your point? that's some sort of comparison that actually gives insight and explains why the leafs are a garbage fire team and the hawks are a dynasty?
Holy fuck who is this eyeless person and why wasn't I warned

Just mentioning here about Evander Kane and his issues he had while here in Winnipeg certainly had an impact on the rest of the team. I can't speak on specifics, but they were assuredly negative given how the other players reacted and our GM subsequently traded him.
Seems like it's become a black/white issue to many Leafs fans given how Kessel was vilified in the media. But anyone who's been on a sports team knows first-hand how one person can poison the atmosphere. And how that can be bad for a team's performance. It's a thing, not a myth, whatever your thoughts are on Kessel himself.

Top Bottom