• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Samyy

What does incarceration do to his cap number? Do the Hawks get any sort of relief in the event he's guilty?

If he's arrested , he will most likely be suspended by the NHL - in which case his cap hit would come off the books.

If he is arrested, and charged, I would hope the Blackhawks organization would show enough class to simply terminate his contract and the NHL just kick him out of the league.

Wonder how soon after the Preds would come sniffing around to sign him if his contract was terminated.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I remember how quick everyone was to jump on Varlamov around here when shit was going down. This wait and see approach is reserved for champs or just not Russians?

Weren't there immediate first hand descriptions of his wife being visibly beaten to a pulp? I'm honestly asking, I don't remember exactly. I seem to remember there being a lot more specific details released early in that case. Though this one just broke a few hours ago, so we're still in the incredibly early stages.

Weren't there immediate first hand descriptions of his wife being visibly beaten to a pulp? I'm honestly asking, I don't remember exactly. I seem to remember there being a lot more specific details released early in that case. Though this one just broke a few hours ago, so we're still in the incredibly early stages.

There was pretty much nothing to go on when things popped off here. Early reports that something happened and Varlamov was already tried and convicted around here. Then he turned himself in due to an existing warrant and that was an admission of guilt apparently.

TUSR

Banned
I thought one of the quotes was something along the lines of the bedroom looking like a crime scene there was so much blood.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

That's what I remember too. And wasn't she in the hospital?

She did a video interview the moring after the accusations and didn't appear to have any physical damage, but makeup and whatnot could cover that up. It still didn't line up with what she said happened, which is probably why the DA dropped the charges.

Velcro Fly

Well Kane has already been convicted in the court of twitter. Not surprising since he's a good player on a highly successful team.

I will wait for the facts though.

CLu_zLUVEAA8LGs.png

Tommy Hilfiger leaked Caps jerseys from the early 2000's.

Socreges

Banned
I remember how quick everyone was to jump on Varlamov around here when shit was going down. This wait and see approach is reserved for champs or just not Russians?
I suspect being Russian played into it at least a little.

But more importantly:

- it was domestic, not random person in a bar.
- Kane is a poster boy for the NHL and the implications would be far-reaching
- allegations of abuse have become more widespread in sports of late, and (some) people are more learned and more skeptical (the Varlamov case is illustrative)

Now please return to feeling sorry for yourself!

I suspect being Russian played into it at least a little.

But more importantly:

- it was domestic, not random person in a bar.
- Kane is a poster boy for the NHL and the implications would be far-reaching
- allegations of abuse have become more widespread in sports of late, and (some) people are more learned and more skeptical (the Varlamov case is illustrative)

Now please return to feeling sorry for yourself!
#2 is exactly why I find it amusing. Status should have zero bearing on how this shit gets treated.

Socreges

Banned
#2 is exactly why I find it amusing. Status should have zero bearing on how this shit gets treated.
It's the court of public opinion. You've been a part of it as well, so don't act so bemused or surprised! Simply put, people use less caution and skepticism if they are not as affected.

And #1 influences #2. People are less skeptical of accusations of domestic abuse. That is an important difference.

It's the court of public opinion. You've been a part of it as well, so don't act so bemused or surprised! Simply put, people use less caution and skepticism if they are not as affected.

And #1 influences #2. People are less skeptical of accusations of domestic abuse. That is an important difference.

Definitely not surprised, very much amused. I can't remember the last time I've let myself treat a situation differently based on someone's status but it has happened for sure. Which is sort of the point, people need to be better about it. I am a people.

edit: In other news we signed Pickard finally. Can we ship Berra to Buffalo now?

zroid

Banned
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 13m13 minutes ago
Featured in Canada's lineup tonight: Marner, Point, Dal Colle, Fabbri, Gauthier, Hicketts, Strome, Barzal among others

Canada is going to rake

Quick

Banned
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/social-media-tracked-several-pat-kane-sightings-saturday-night-sunday-20150806

Tweets, Facebook posts and witness accounts paint a picture of what Patrick Kane’s weekend was like.

The 26-year-old star player of the Chicago Blackhawks was seen enjoying a round of golf at Brierwood Country Club in Hamburg on Saturday afternoon.

“When you pass Patrick Kane at briarwood golf…” a young man posted on Twitter.

“Nice round of golf with @88PKane,” another person Tweeted, along with a photo of himself with Kane and a reference to Kane’s Twitter handle.

Saturday evening and night, Kane was seen at several locations in downtown Buffalo.

One Twitter user posted at 8:45 p.m. that she saw him at Tappo, a trendy Italian eatery on Ellicott Street.

He was seen around midnight at City Tavern on Chippewa Street, a witness told The News.

He was also seen, according to social media accounts, at SkyBar, a rooftop bar on Franklin Street.

The bar’s Facebook account posted a photo Monday of Kane, with the bar’s owner, developer Mark Croce, and the Delaware District’s new common councilman, Joel Feroleto.

“Patrick Kane stopped by SkyBar past wknd! Mark told him to bring the Stanley Cup back with him this upcoming Saturday … We think we convinced him,” the bar’s Facebook account also posted.

Kane had been expected to bring the Stanley Cup to Buffalo this weekend as part of the Blackhawks’ victory celebration.

In an odd coincidence, the wife of Kane’s lawyer, defense attorney Paul Cambria, posted a photo of herself, her husband and another couple at what appears to be SkyBar.

“Hey … Pat Kane in da house!” she wrote.

Cambria represented Kane six years ago when he was accused of assaulting a taxicab driver. Kane ended up pleading guilty to a noncriminal violation. The News reached out to Cambria on Wednesday and Thursday, but he would not talk about any aspect of the investigation of Kane.

Other Twitter posts painted a picture of Kane enjoying himself early Sunday. It couldn’t be determined where or exactly what time these tweets were referencing.

“I kissed Patrick Kane,” one woman boasted.

“Patrick Kane bought me a birthday shot last night,” one man wrote.

On Twitter, one man said that Kane “told me he was too bombed for a pic, so of course I snapchatted a pic of him anyway,” he said. Snapchat is a social media site where posts appear just for a few seconds.

Sunday night, a worker posted on Twitter that Kane came into Anderson’s Frozen Custard on Sheridan Avenue in the Town of Tonawanda. She wrote that she and someone else blew a kiss to him as he drove away.

A customer tweeted: “the day I wear my pajamas to Anderson’s Patrick Kane is there!!!!”

The customer, a 37-year-old Tonawanda woman, later said in a phone interview with The News that Kane was at Anderson’s between 9:30 and 10 p.m. with three or four young women.

Dressed casually in shorts and a T-shirt, it seemed few people realized who he was, the woman told The News. He looked up when she blurted out his name, she said.

Kane seemed to be spending most of his time looking at his smartphone, she said.

Fei

Creepy how you can track his day on socia media. Sounds like a pretty great day.. Except, well.

I really hope this isn't true. The guy has a reputation around here, but nothing like that.

Drew Doughty was accused of rape a few years ago. Have to be careful how you spend your free time. Kane seems to frequently find himself in these situations though.

Unless he really did it, in which case he should be thrown off the team and out of the league.

eyeless

Interestong comparison. Kane won 3 Cups with the Hawks in the span of time that Kessel has won 0 playoff rounds with the Leafs.
good point, we all know if kessel and kane switched places it would be the leafs with those 3 cups, nice one m8, rly makes you think
erik karlsson 0 cups, michal rozsival 2 cups, jus goes 2 show what a fraud karlsson rly is, can't spel intense
Leaf's rookie tournament roster
Will be exciting to potentially see Nylander, Marner and Kapanen play together
i want to see marner and nylander play on the same line, i don't care if it doesn't make any sense and they're both going to play center, i just wanna see it ok, i need this

Socreges

Banned
It is as if a player's character had no ill effects on a team's performance. Weird.
Do you actually believe that? Maybe, instead, a distinction could be drawn between Kane (off-ice issues) and Kessel (on-ice/locker room issues).

I'm not actually suggesting that I know that Kessel's character issues affected the team's performance. I suspect it did to some extent, though, with the media then aggravating things.

Top Bottom