• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Cindro

The 2010 Cup doesn't count then!
What is this all about? I wasn't into hockey at the time.

And if Kane IS found guilty (I'd be more surprised if he wasn't, given what we know about him), what are the chances the NHL bans him outright? I'm going to be real disappointed in my sport if they let him get away with it with nothing more than a suspension.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
What is this all about? I wasn't into hockey at the time.

And if Kane IS found guilty (I'd be more surprised if he wasn't, given what we know about him), what are the chances the NHL bans him outright? I'm going to be real disappointed in my sport if they let him get away with it with nothing more than a suspension.

He can't play in the NHL if he's in prison.

Quick

Banned
EA's probably waiting on an official statement before doing anything.

It'll probably just involve shopping out Kane's face with Keith or somebody. The Fireworks would be gone though (see Marvie's tag).

Quick

Banned
Duncan Keith framed Patrick Kane.

tumblr_inline_nskasaBjRD1shsvef_540.gif

Is it too late to change the NHL16 cover?

Didn't EA change the NHL covers before due to a controversy like this?

Ah Yes:

Picking a cover athlete for NHL 2004 proved to be problematic. Joe Thornton was the original choice but after he was brought up on assault charges, he was removed and replaced by Dany Heatley for the game's first shipments. After Heatley's car crash that killed his Atlanta Thrashers teammate, Dan Snyder, EA removed him and replaced the cover with Joe Sakic but not before a large number of units had already been shipped in the months prior. As a result, both covers (Heatley and Sakic) made it into circulation.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Pikma, it was unanimous. Bice just now was perhaps the best meal any of us have had.

Fucking ridiculous. That charcuterie. That king crab gnocchi. That pistachio cake.

What's this about Patrick Kane? This CBC story sounds like nothing at all has been confirmed and there is nothing at all to suggest what the "incident" was at Kane's home.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/patrick-kane-under-investigation-police-confirm-1.3182879

The story states what is factually true, and the only statements made by the police were a two sentence press conference that I'm too lazy to google. Also the police are under strict orders not to talk to the press about the case, hence the real lack of information.

The unsubstantiated (at this time) rumor is that that police are investigating Kane for an alleged rape case. However no confirmation has been made and no details have been released so for the time being it's wait and see.

Personally I'm assuming they're carefully weighing all the statements/facts and are awaiting the results of a DNA test before filing charges. But that is pure speculation on my part, and with almost nothing being confirmed I'm going to wait and see before I pass any judgement.

The story states what is factually true, and the only statements made by the police were a two sentence press conference that I'm too lazy to google. Also the police are under strict orders not to talk to the press about the case, hence the real lack of information.

The unsubstantiated (at this time) rumor is that that police are investigating Kane for an alleged rape case. However no confirmation has been made and no details have been released so for the time being it's wait and see.

Personally I'm assuming they're carefully weighing all the statements/facts and are awaiting the results of a DNA test before filing charges. But that is pure speculation on my part, and with almost nothing being confirmed I'm going to wait and see before I pass any judgement.

reasonable people do exist

Alucard

Banned
Weird. Where are these rape rumours coming from? Based on the total lack of information, how is that a possibility people are leaping to? Seems irresponsible and dangerous.

reasonable people do exist

I've been getting annoyed at everyone rushing to defend or condemn him with almost no information, and I would like to think I'm not the only one that just wants to sit back and let the police do their job.

Girl contacted police and went and got a rape kit done, that's where.

While I don't doubt this is true, has even this been confirmed by the police? I thought the only thing that was confirmed is that they are investigating an "incident" at Kane's home

I've been getting annoyed at everyone rushing to defend or condemn him with almost no information, and I would like to think I'm not the only one that just wants to sit back and let the police do their job.

While I don't doubt this is true, has even this been confirmed by the police? I thought the only thing that was confirmed is that they are investigating an "incident" at Kane's home

As far as proper press schpeel is concerned I believe that's the case too. If he did do anything it'll hopefully be discovered, unless it's settled out of court, but I'm totally neutral in it. I too agree, there have been way to many people jumping to conclusions.

Socreges

Banned
This is the attitude of most people here.

Which infuriates 19&21.

Alleged rape victim has bite marks, a scratch

Buffalo News said:
Sources with knowledge of the investigation said that the young woman who has accused the hockey superstar of rape had bite marks on her shoulders and a scratch on her leg after the alleged attack.

The woman alleges that Kane invited her and a female friend to his home for a private party after they met him last Saturday night at SkyBar, a popular nightclub on Franklin Street, the sources said.

Shortly after she and her friend arrived at Kane’s home on Old Lakeshore Road, the accuser alleges that she went by herself into another room, where Kane followed her, overpowered her and raped her, the sources said.

The woman left Kane’s home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Pikma

Banned
Pikma, it was unanimous. Bice just now was perhaps the best meal any of us have had.

Fucking ridiculous. That charcuterie. That king crab gnocchi. That pistachio cake.
Bice is fucking marvelous, I'm glad it didn't disappoint. Haven't tried the gnocchi though, have to do it asap.

Next on your list of places to eat in San Diego should be Addison, it's so. fucking. good. The salmon au beurre salé is simply unique. Really expensive place though. Oh and their fucking wine, their fucking wine!! but I guess that's to be expected from a french restaurant.

Have fun in that
shitty
Padres game!

Oh wow, I went to click on this thread and must have bumped the mouse and clicked on the Manga thread, I started to freak out that anime lovers took over NHLGaf for the offseason. Never again.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Bice is fucking marvelous, I'm glad it didn't disappoint. Haven't tried the gnocchi though, have to do it asap.

Next on your list of places to eat in San Diego should be Addison, it's so. fucking. good. The salmon au beurre salé is simply unique. Really expensive place though. Oh and their fucking wine, their fucking wine!! but I guess that's to be expected from a french restaurant.

Have fun in that
shitty
Padres game!

Thankfully we didn't actually go to a Padres game, just watched the one on Friday a little bit from Altitude across the street.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Lol Padres.

Cool that Bice was good. Which Mexican food place did you go to?

We didn't get to it yet but we're going to try to hit Lucha Libre before we head home. Hash House A Go Go took up all of our breakfast and lunch time yesterday. Pretty worth it though for the fried chicken and waffle tower

Also, Yelp lied about Seven Grand's operating hours so we showed up there two hours before they opened. It was tragic to miss out on that.

Cake Boss

Banned
I thought I finished season 4, but Netflix for some weird ass reason only had 10 episodes of the 16.

So watching episode 11 right now....this shit is hot fiyyaahh, so much ether spat out at every character in the show, especially Jessica.

Samyy

I thought I finished season 4, but Netflix for some weird ass reason only had 10 episode of the 16.

So watching episode 11 right now....this shit is hot fiyyaahh, so much ether spat out at every character in the show, especially Jessica.

Oh damn I thought you were talking about the latest episode with your post on the last page
Woops

We didn't get to it yet but we're going to try to hit Lucha Libre before we head home. Hash House A Go Go took up all of our breakfast and lunch time yesterday. Pretty worth it though for the fried chicken and waffle tower

Also, Yelp lied about Seven Grand's operating hours so we showed up there two hours before they opened. It was tragic to miss out on that.

Lucha Libre is good food. I'm glad your buddies are having a great time.

MS-GAF, I may be getting an xbox one soon, that Best Buy Samsung TV+XBOX One deal is too good to pass up. Friend wants the TV and I wouldn't mind taking the xbox off his hands for a discounted rate.

Are there games to play on this xbox one?

Top Bottom