• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Curufinwe

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Quick

Banned
Suddenly everyone is a baseball fan! :p

I should wear my angry bird Jays jersey just so I distinguish myself from the bandwagon.

toronto-blue-jays-white-jersey-896.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
I wonder which one was the supposed one "hanging on him" all night, seems like it was the other one. No idea how long this will take to work itself out, how do the Hawks progress come training camp and such if this is still under investigation?
They put their gear on and play hockey?

Curufinwe

I meant in regards to Kane. Seems like a pretty big distraction if it's still under investigation once training camp starts.

Here's one reporter's take.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-haugh-patrick-kane-spt-0812-20150811-column.html#

What do the Hawks do if Kane remains in legal limbo as the Sept. 18 reporting date nears? The only way they avoid that Catch-22 is if the DA announces in the next month that no charges will be filed. But if Kane faces charges or the investigation remains open, the Hawks face a dilemma in which both sides of the debate can be defended.

Here's my side: In the post-Ray Rice era of professional sports, a first-class franchise such as the Hawks cannot allow a player facing serious allegations to represent it until more clarity about the case exists. That clarity could come sooner rather than later in Kane's case, but it is missing now.

ShaneB

I should wear my angry bird Jays jersey just so I distinguish myself from the bandwagon.

toronto-blue-jays-white-jersey-896.jpg

Rock it with pride!

bandwagoners eh
7OrfBEh.png
0jGUsnG.png

Are you saying I am a Caps bandwagoner?? :p My favourite players all time are Mike Gartner and Adam Oates!

It's all good when it comes to the Jays, as much as I've said how much I hate watching Jays home games with the Rogers Centre being such a dump, it's great to see it explode with excitement. So many years of mediocrity of even some decent teams over the years stuck in such a great division, it's been a fun season so far, glad to see everyone on board.

iLLmAtlc

This is the easiest decision IMO, suspend him. You can't risk it after the NFL shit.

If it gets to sept 18 and charges still haven't been filed or if they're still investigating, I suspect the league will step in and suspend him regardless like they did Voynov. Nobody needs this distraction and Kane getting grilled everyday about the allegations.

RC

Banned
So I'm in Chicago for the next two days. Hopefully I'll get time to explore but I doubt it.

Also first time I've ever been to a restaurant that had half priced bottles of wine as a special. Would be unheard of back home.

I want to hold off on all judgement of Kane until the case is sorted, but I never gave the same luxury to Bill Cosby, Rolf Harris or Robert Hughes.

And the last thing I want to do is defend him in any way just because he's an NHL superstar.

So instead I'll just say that I bought Life Is Strange last night without knowing a thing about it apart from "it's good".

Quick

Banned
I don't have any opinion on the Kane case other than "holy crap" when the news came out.

Bill Cosby is different, though. So many women came out to speak against him. I didn't have any opinion on it when the first woman came out (not that I didn't believe it, but I didn't want to rush to judgement until anything official came out), but when the second, third, fourth, and more did, that's when the case really cemented itself.

Pikma

Banned
I want to hold off on all judgement of Kane until the case is sorted, but I never gave the same luxury to Bill Cosby, Rolf Harris or Robert Hughes.

And the last thing I want to do is defend him in any way just because he's an NHL superstar.

So instead I'll just say that I bought Life Is Strange last night without knowing a thing about it apart from "it's good".

It's not "good", it's "FUCKING GOOD"

Samyy

An interesting thing I read was that in such cases, saying the accused is innocent until proven guilty is basically saying that victim is lying, no?

That also feels wrong :/

I don't want to think Kane is guilty without knowing any facts, but I don't want to think the victim is lying either.

You're right in the sense that victim blaming is a HUGE problem in society today, Sam. Especially for women. But innocent until proven guilty is as the law is. Which still doesn't make sense because; fucking George fucking Zimmerman.

WHY IS EVERYTHING A CONTRADICTION. LIFE LITERALLY IS STRANGE.

... "Fucking good" you say, Pikma?

Pikma

Banned
You're right in the sense that victim blaming is a HUGE problem in society today, Sam. Especially for women. But innocent until proven guilty is as the law is. Which still doesn't make sense because; fucking George fucking Zimmerman.

WHY IS EVERYTHING A CONTRADICTION. LIFE LITERALLY IS STRANGE.

... "Fucking good" you say, Pikma?

I'm a huge adventure games fan and to me Life is Strange is one of the best of the last couple of years. If you've enjoyed any of the recent Telltale games (which I don't really like tbh), LiS will blow your mind.

Quick

Banned
Just watched Zoolander for the first time ever.

Hilarious movie, and hilarious to see all the cameos. So relevant to the time.

Quick

Banned
You ought to burn that asap. By far one of the worst and most needless redesigns ever.

I got it on sale at least a couple of years before Jose Bautista joined the team, then I had it customized with his name.

I actually always hated the design, but I wanted to own a Jays jersey at the time. I also own the powder blue throwbacks the Jays were using in 2008.

Socreges

Banned
Just watched Zoolander for the first time ever.

Hilarious movie, and hilarious to see all the cameos. So relevant to the time.
Just watched Airplane! for the first time ever.

I'd always written it off as being too dated, but it's goddamn timeless and hilarious. Meanwhile, High Anxiety, which I saw just a few days ago, is super dated and cheesy.

Top Bottom