• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Sanjuro

Just watched Airplane! for the first time ever.

I'd always written it off as being too dated, but it's goddamn timeless and hilarious. Meanwhile, High Anxiety, which I saw just a few days ago, is super dated and cheesy.

Still great.

My go to is The Naked Gun film. Usually try and watch that once a year.

Had one of those "woke up to my wife screaming at me to get up because something was wrong" type of mornings. We have a toddler so that was my first thought. I was running before I was even awake.

Turns out the toilet had started shooting water out the bottom and was flooding the house. Good times.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For your living room wall Quick

CMEpMAsXAAA4IRd.png:large

A2U

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has Patrick Kane's lawyer made any statement about the investigation yet?

*white guy voice* I just wanna say that noone wished me a happy 30th and that reflects more on my lack of presence, or being a decent person, than anything else.

Sry.

Happy Birthday Marvie.

It actually was

How so?

I'm a Hawks fan that desperately hopes this isn't true. However, based on the info we've heard so far and what I know about Kane's behavior off the ice (and pro athletes in general), I think it's much more likely that something happened than not.

This is just a guess. None of us know. Obviously I'm not saying he should be vilified yet, but this is not a court of law, so the "innocent until proven guilty" stuff has no impact on my feelings towards the situation.

I'm just saying that if I had to bet my life on it, I wouldn't have to think too hard about what I would bet on.

RC

Banned
*white guy voice* I just wanna say that noone wished me a happy 30th and that reflects more on my lack of presence, or being a decent person, than anything else.

Sry.

Happy Birthday Marvie.

Welcome to the early 30's club Dastardly. It only gets worse from here.

Happy Birthday.

Sidenote: All these women on Tinder wearing Blackhawks jersey's, it's disgusting.

Calamari41

41 > 38
How so?

I'm a Hawks fan that desperately hopes this isn't true. However, based on the info we've heard so far and what I know about Kane's behavior off the ice (and pro athletes in general), I think it's much more likely that something happened than not.

This is just a guess. None of us know. Obviously I'm not saying he should be vilified yet, but this is not a court of law, so the "innocent until proven guilty" stuff has no impact on my feelings towards the situation.

I'm just saying that if I had to bet my life on it, I wouldn't have to think too hard about what I would bet on.

The only evidence as of right now is the accusation itself, and "leaks" from people with whom the accuser has personal relationships. I'm not arguing that he's innocent, and you can do your whole "court of public opinion" thing all you want, but that doesn't mean that your statement of "he probably did it" isn't being pulled from your ass.

The only evidence as of right now is the accusation itself, and "leaks" from people with whom the accuser has personal relationships. I'm not arguing that he's innocent, and you can do your whole "court of public opinion" thing all you want, but that doesn't mean that your statement of "he probably did it" isn't being pulled from your ass.

So if an educated guess on something isn't 100% concrete, it's being pulled from your ass? Ok. But then when he's cleared (which he will be, because he has endless resources and they ultimately won't be able to prove it wasn't consensual), people will act that that's conclusive. Part of the reason that only a tiny sliver of rapists get convicted is this attitude right here. Everyone is always so ready to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, as if humans are generally great people. We're more eager to assume the girl is lying than assume the guy is capable of doing it.

Whatever. You can think what you want. I'm just saying based off Kane and his cousins' track record and the fact that this girl went for an immediate rape kit, I'm finding it hard (as a fan of the team) to feel more confident in his innocence than otherwise.

Foggy

Especially since we don't even know if "it" specifically pertains to him and how. As far as I remember his house was investigated and that he's a person of interest but not specifically targeted for being charged. Means it could have been a friend of his. But that doesn't even mean he would be in the clear. He could still be culpable if they find he was negligent or his reputation could be further stained by hanging around town with a rapist. There are a lot of ways this could shake out at this point. It appears ugly from top to bottom, but there's still a lot to reveal about what happened. But judging from what little we know, it certainly sounds ugly and bad for Kane, even if we don't know what "it" is.

Oh and uh, happy birtyday dstrd!

Calamari41

41 > 38
So if an educated guess on something isn't 100% concrete, it's being pulled from your ass? Ok. But then when he's cleared (which he will be, because he has endless resources and they ultimately won't be able to prove it wasn't consensual), people will act that that's conclusive.

Whatever. You can think what you want. I'm just saying based off Kane and his cousins track record and the fact that this girl went for an immediate rape kit, the odds do not look in his favor.

Of course it doesn't look good, but saying "he probably did it" is on a completely different level. Say and think what you want, but don't get bent out of shape when people scoff at you.

Of course it doesn't look good, but saying "he probably did it" is on a completely different level. Say and think what you want, but don't get bent out of shape when people scoff at you.

It's not on a "completely different level", at all. Do you want to talk semantics now? I am not a journalist publishing a piece of Kane and accusing him of doing it. I'm on a message board saying that I feel like there's a better than 50% chance he did something wrong, and I honestly don't really feel like I'm going out on a limb by saying that.

Especially since we don't even know if "it" specifically pertains to him and how. As far as I remember his house was investigated and that he's a person of interest but not specifically targeted for being charged. Means it could have been a friend of his. But that doesn't even mean he would be in the clear. He could still be culpable if they find he was negligent or his reputation could be further stained by hanging around town with a rapist. There are a lot of ways this could shake out at this point. It appears ugly from top to bottom, but there's still a lot to reveal about what happened. But judging from what little we know, it certainly sounds ugly and bad for Kane, even if we don't know what "it" is.

Oh and uh, happy birtyday dstrd!

Kane and his people would have come out and said he isn't the one being accused if that were the case. .

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's not on a "completely different level", at all. Do you want to talk semantics now? I am not a journalist publishing a piece of Kane and accusing him of doing it. I'm on a message board saying that I feel like there's a better than 50% chance he did something wrong, and I honestly don't really feel like I'm going out on a limb by saying that.

And a couple of people who also aren't journalists do feel like you're going out on a limb based on the information we have right now. It's not that big of a deal.

Foggy

Kane and his people would have come out and said he isn't the one being accused if that were the case. .

There are any number of reasons why that wouldn't be the case. I'm not saying there's no room for skepticism or pessimism, but there's plenty that we don't know now that we will know in the next month or so.

And a couple of people who also aren't journalists do feel like you're going out on a limb based on the information we have right now. It's not that big of a deal.

I don't have a problem with disagreeing that it's more likely that he did it. Saying "according to who, your ass?" is immature and pointless.

And just because we don't have tons of information on this accusation itself doesn't mean we don't have tons of information on the accused person, and the rape culture of guys like him in general. I think most people just hear about the cabby and partying stuff with Kane, but it goes way deeper than that. We're talking about a guy who uses his friends as sex bouncers as his parties, confiscating people's phones and shit to allow them to enter. Honestly, the story didn't even really surprise me that much when it first broke. I mean, shit, this isn't even the first time he's been accused of aggression towards women.

Then again, maybe she's lying and all the stuff I'm saying here just made him an easier target. Who knows. All I said is that I don't feel good about the chances of his innocence.

There are any number of reasons why that wouldn't be the case. I'm not saying there's no room for skepticism or pessimism, but there's plenty that we don't know now that we will know in the next month or so.

At the very least, it would have leaked that he wasn't the one being accused.

Pikma

Banned
Marvie has had so many birthdays lately he's probably older than schuey by now.
Happy Birthday Marvie!

Also, Happy Birthday Dastardly! Life Is Strange is the gift you deserve.

calder

All them Leafs prospects on Pronmans top 100 list :D
Five Jets in the top 40, good... goooood. And my god does Pronman love Marner and Nylander. Nylander I get, but he has Marner so damn high it surprises me.

Just as good, InGoal magazine just came out with their top 50 goalie prospects, they have Hellebuyck #1 and Comrie #4.
Malcolm Subban at #2 and the Caps' Samsonov at #3 but no one cares about them.

dem

From the list I've seen...

He doesn't have Draisaitl as a top 100 prospect... or an HM...,

Yeah.. ok.

Top Bottom