• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Calamari41

41 > 38
dunno if anyone is following the "Why Your Team Sucks" series on battle of cali, it's pretty amusing though

Atlantic
Metropolitan
Pacific

Central is not posted yet

Funny stuff, but he has his LA sports tiers all fucked up, indicating to me that he is a Kings fan who doesn't even live here. Putting the Kings in the first tier with the Lakers and the idiotically unmentioned Trojans is hilarious. Those two franchises are in the conversation for being the best teams of all time in their respective sports. The Kings might as well have not existed before this decade.

dunno if anyone is following the "Why Your Team Sucks" series on battle of cali, it's pretty amusing though

Atlantic
Metropolitan
Pacific

After a bad-but-not-bad-enough start to the season, the Coyotes ensured a high draft pick by going 8-29-4 in the second half of the season to plummet down the standings. In the year 2015, this team didn't even win more than three games in any given month. They won one game in regulation after February 3. ONE.

xVzszLL.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Atlantic
Metropolitan
Pacific

Dougie Hamilton wanted a sensible contract extension, so naturally they trade him to Calgary for magic beans because the Bruins front office and media are deathly allergic to skilled young players. They then re-sign Adam McQuaid. THANK GOD WE HAVE ALL THIS CAP SPACE FOR NOW WE CAN RE-SIGN ADAM MCQUAID. Trading Hamilton to extend McQuaid is like selling your car so you can buy an 8-track player from 1983 to put in the car you just sold.

ibzvdln6dvnb2qwoyfb.gif

Red_Man

Forgot the Rangers signed Stoll. There's going to be a lot of, "wait, that guy is on that team?" this season with how many guys were traded.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm just fucking glad he's gone to the East.

Shit dawg, we basically imported Lucic in exchange. Shit.

Edit: Your edit makes my post irrelevant. Shit.

We need to build a wall at the California border. The East keeps sending their thugs and villains over here to pick on our stars. We need to build a wall and make those Easterners pay for it themselves.

imBask

Banned
so now that he's retired, was Daniel Brière one of the most overrated player of all time? he had ONE great season and a couple of decent ones

Red_Man

Some player that was coached by Therrien years ago said he did this one time

"Once, he called me in for a meeting and he just lit a cigarette, smoked it and told me to get the [expletive] out of his office,” said Ryan. “Obviously there was a message being sent. I didn’t really know what it was…There was obviously a thing where he wanted mental dominance.”

:lol :lol

I can totally see him doing that, what an asshole.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Have you read any of the SportLogiq stuff yet Zroid? They have a nice, small piece of Kadri today

http://sportlogiq.com/2015/08/13/phil-kessel-pittsburgh-penguins-toronto-maple-leafs/

Their stuff is really interesting, and goes deeper in the analysis than the typical "shots against / for while on the ice" kind of stuff.

Kadri is so good, yet the HF fans are already starting to turn on him. Same thing with Gardiner. It's amazing how people dont grasp defense... their opinions live and die in the play by play.

zroid

Banned
NHL pros among fans swept up in Jays fever

Just like fans across Canada, NHL players are getting caught up in Blue Jays fever. Couture watches every game, even when in San Jose, because after so many games without much of a payoff, he doesn't want to miss anything now.

"Even before some of our games I'm following," Couture said. "I'm a pretty die-hard fan, so to finally see them putting a streak like this together and to give themselves a chance to make the post-season has been pretty incredible as a fan."

Along with Couture, you can count Sharks teammate Joel Ward, Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings and Teddy Purcell of the Edmonton Oilers among the hockey players who are also Blue Jays fans.

The past few weeks have been something special, since the Blue Jays acquired shortstop Troy Tulowitzki and ace pitcher David Price at the end of July and won 15 of 18 games. Couture left his phone at home on July 30 to play golf and returned to 27 text messages about Toronto getting Price.

"I definitely did not see that coming," Couture said.

Wilson, 21, got to his third game of the season a few days later using tickets from relief pitcher and Capitals fan Brett Cecil and sat in the row behind Price's parents for the lefty's debut.

"He obviously really earned the hometown respect right out of the gate," said Wilson, who lives a short walk from Rogers Centre. "He had bases loaded, zero out and he dialed in and got out of that jam. He's been nothing but great so far. I think everyone's just really excited to have something to cheer about and have the Jays doing so well."

Juicy is my boy

Fei

so now that he's retired, was Daniel Brière one of the most overrated player of all time? he had ONE great season and a couple of decent ones

Terrible opinion. The guy was almost a point per game from 2003-2011. That doesn't include his outstanding postseason performances. His problem was injuries.

Tabris

Everyone forget his years with Buffalo.

His playoff record is also outstanding. 116 points in 124 games. 53 goals.

Compare that to another player that's probably going to retire soon and just went to retirement graveyard, Colorado, and is more celebrated - Jarome Iginla - 67 points in 84 playoff games.

EDIT - Missed lone_prodigy's post, oh well, reinforcing point.

Pikma

Banned
I know I always come here to bitch about my problems but...

One of my dogs has cancer, she's only 4 years old. It's a 8-13 out of every 100,000 chance of occurence, 0.010%

Fuck life, fuck this, fuck everything.

Socreges

Banned
Everyone forget his years with Buffalo.

His playoff record is also outstanding. 116 points in 124 games. 53 goals.

Compare that to another player that's probably going to retire soon and just went to retirement graveyard, Colorado, and is more celebrated - Jarome Iginla - 67 points in 84 playoff games.

EDIT - Missed lone_prodigy's post, oh well, reinforcing point.
Could be the whole 15 straight seasons of 28 goals or more thing. That he rarely had elite linemates, contributed in other ways besides offense, and often played on defense-first teams. Or, really, that 68 points in 81 playoff games is actually still quite good in that timespan.

Hopefully Adidas taking over means the end of the Edge designs and apron stripes, we have a great color combination, but have always had such bad jerseys.

Quick

Banned
yeah, but rumor has it they are selling Reebok, I know it doesn't necessarily mean new jerseys as they are retaining rights, but it could happen.

The Edge jerseys aren't so bad these days. They've expanded their template selection through the years since the league switched to it, but they should've had the current amount of template selections available from the start.

I'm surprised the Avs haven't taken advantage yet, seeing as the Edge templates accommodate a lot more design choices. Speaking as an outsider of the Avs fanbase, but I always liked their original jerseys, but I'd want to see them explore a different design. The safe choice is going back to their original jersey design though.

Top Bottom