• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Rebecca left earlier this year. I actually quite liked her and feel the show misses that element. Haven't listened to it in a bit, though. They might have adjusted well or picked up someone new.

I should give it another listen. I liked her well enough, but at a certain point it seemed like she was more interested in policing the community which just wasn't why I was tuning in. It didn't help that I went from SGU to a bunch of comedy podcasts like DLM, CBB, and NNF. I just stopped finding the time for it.

Thanks. I figure I'll go all-in and start with Blueprint for Armageddon.

Let me know what you think of Ghosts of Ostfront if you remember, I'm most interested in moving on to that once I'm done with this first batch.

Death Throws was probably my favorite, and then it's a ten-way tie for second.

To steal a Carlin-ism: Gaius Marius ruined fiction for me.

Samyy

Apparently Tampa Bay and Stamkos haven't begun any negotiations regarding a new contract yet.

The KopiStamcock2016 dream lives on!

imBask

Banned
Stamkos would fit perfectly on a 3rd line with Eller

and if he's good enough, MAYBE he can play with Desharnais someday, maybe

Socreges

Banned
I should give it another listen. I liked her well enough, but at a certain point it seemed like she was more interested in policing the community which just wasn't why I was tuning in. It didn't help that I went from SGU to a bunch of comedy podcasts like DLM, CBB, and NNF. I just stopped finding the time for it.
I used to read Skeptic all the time and SGU was a nice substitute that was free and allowed me to multitask.

Too many great podcasts out there, too little time. I get an hour a day while commuting both ways, but otherwise it can be hard to find the opportunities. Cleaning (dishes, laundry) normally works, I guess.

Death Throws was probably my favorite, and then it's a ten-way tie for second.

To steal a Carlin-ism: Gaius Marius ruined fiction for me.
People often neglect the one-offs which are sometimes just as good. Prophets of Doom is excellent, for starters. Great way for someone to test the waters with his style.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Brooks Laich just proposed to Julianne Hough.

She's a good dancer!

julianne_hough5._o8mnapg.gif

julianne_hough12._bye8ygh.gif

julliane_hough._ipwkszo.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at EA showing the "Plays of the NHL '16 beta" video when half of the goals have the goalie like a mile out of position.

I just watched Straight Outta Compton. Suge Knight is a goddamn Bond Villian. Fuck him.

That dude looked like Pac Holy Shit. I actually gasped when I first saw Tupac the actor looks just like him.

I really liked that Flim. Also if there was ever a Paul Heyman Movie, Paul Giamatti should play him

Good shit, cunts.

THE FIVE MOST LIVEABLE CITIES

1. Melbourne — 97.5
2. Vienna — 97.4
3. Vancouver — 97.3
4. Toronto — 97.2
5 (tie). Adelaide — 96.6
5 (tie). Calgary — 96.6

*muffled voice* 6. SoCal, all of it, wooo Carne Asada bitches

regB0xVl.jpg

I just watched Straight Outta Compton. Suge Knight is a goddamn Bond Villian. Fuck him.

That dude looked like Pac Holy Shit. I actually gasped when I first saw Tupac the actor looks just like him.

I really liked that Flim. Also if there was ever a Paul Heyman Movie, Paul Giamatti should play him

Agree with the first two for sure. Great movie. I say that as a guy who has heard maybe 5-10 songs between NWA/Eazy/Cube from back then.

When Suge first showed up I was kind of confused, because I wasn't sure about the whole story stretching back that far. Hell, I didn't know hardly any of the story aside from some major things. But yeah, they definitely played Suge Knight as being about as much of an ass as he is.

:lol

$890 Million and they're only coughing up ~$200m. Now that's a way to propose something.

"Hey build us this thing and we'll pay for 1/4th of it + take all the benefits. Okay?"

This is the norm in North American professional sports. And i
Code:
t's worse in the US. Watch this excellent take by Jon Oliver

Yeah I won't pretend to know all about it - and I'll definitely check out the video you posted - but it always makes me laugh.

Taxing towns or areas to build a stadium that a huge chunk of them don't even have interest in is just insane to me. The Vikings are building a stadium now that was partially funded by taxpayer money and it's just stupid. Owners should be footing the bill with public support via donations or drives or something from fans. Not forcing people to participate.

I'd be livid if I lived in, say, St Paul and the Timberwolves were trying to build an arena and I was facing a tax hike to pay for their shit. I don't care if they have the next 10 first overall picks and win championships for the next 300 years, Basketball sucks ass and I'll never pay a dime toward it. I imagine there are millions of others out there for every other sport.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dat new avatar. Was the old one part of why you were banned?

1) Sanjuro got banned
2) I complained in this thread that Sanjuro's post wasn't banworthy
3) I got banned
4) Sanjuro got unbanned (because his ban was -go figure- a mistake and indeed not banworthy)
5) I stayed banned of course

So no, had nothing to do with the av :p

edit: what's up with your tag 19&21 :lol

zroid

Banned
1) Sanjuro got banned
2) I complained in this thread that Sanjuro's post wasn't banworthy
3) I got banned
4) Sanjuro got unbanned (because his ban was -go figure- a mistake and indeed not banworthy)
5) I stayed banned of course

So no, had nothing to do with the av :p

edit: what's up with your tag 19&21 :lol

that's fantastic

My mom bought me a 48" Sony Bravia 1080p TV for my birthday.

I have the best mom.

And yeah I'm in for some NHLgaf Halo this fall. Hell yeah.

EDIT: Apparently the alumni game jerseys will be similar to this:

I think I just came in my pants.

Top Bottom