• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Only places I would live (in order of preference are):

1) Vancouver
2) Vienna (some family here)
3) Tokyo (loved it when i was there, everyone was so polite)
4) Melbourne (I don't like the non-dense part of it but can't beat the stats)
5) Stockholm (maybe Malmo also due to how easy it is to get to Copenhagen)
6) London
7) San Francisco
8) New York

Vienna really? It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't live there.

Samyy

I've heard that Tokyo is a nice place to visit for foreigners, but not to live.
Maybe thats just what I've heard but my 2 cousins spent a year each in Tokyo and said they were fairly shunned in terms of meeting people/friends, even at work.
I wonder how much that has to do with them being brown though, perhaps white people are fine.

I couldn't live in Austraila, I'm terrified of the critters we get in our houses here in Canada, I would probably die :(

Tabris

Vienna really? It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't live there.

THE FIVE MOST LIVEABLE CITIES

1. Melbourne — 97.5
2. Vienna — 97.4
3. Vancouver — 97.3
4. Toronto — 97.2
5 (tie). Adelaide — 96.6
5 (tie). Calgary — 96.6

Statistically it's been in the top 3 of best cities to live in the world for like a decade. Usually fighting with Vancouver but those Australian cities have started to pop up.

And it's absolutely beautiful.

And I have some family there.

I dunno how I feel about not being able to live in skyscrapers anymore though if I moved there, Melbourne, San Francisco, or Stockholm.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Places I would wanna live

United States

Clinton: 52%
Trump: 43%

#TRUMP2016
#BUILDTHISWALL
#MEXICANRAPISTS2016

Our only hope:

Clinton: 48%
Sanders: 27%
Biden: 13%

Quick

Banned
I've heard that Tokyo is a nice place to visit for foreigners, but not to live.
Maybe thats just what I've heard but my 2 cousins spent a year each in Tokyo and said they were fairly shunned in terms of meeting people/friends, even at work.
I wonder how much that has to do with them being brown though, perhaps white people are fine.

I couldn't live in Austraila, I'm terrified of the critters we get in our houses here in Canada, I would probably die :(

That part of Asia isn't exactly the friendliest when it comes to dark skinned people.

Tabris

Everyone was super polite to me in Tokyo. I was on Fuji TV too, so I definitely wasn't shunned. It was such a refreshing experience.

I mean everyone's generally polite here, but the degree people are polite there is just so nice. Is it a fake politeness? Maybe, but ignorance is bliss.

Tabris

I've been to Minneapolis. It's super boring and not diverse at all. It had a very clean downtown though. I do like the airport though which I was stuck in for 14hrs.

Statistically it's been in the top 3 of best cities to live in the world for like a decade. Usually fighting with Vancouver but those Australian cities have started to pop up.

And it's absolutely beautiful.

And I have some family there.

I dunno how I feel about not being able to live in skyscrapers anymore though if I moved there, Melbourne, San Francisco, or Stockholm.

Europe is full of beautiful cities. You ever seen Hamburg during the winter?

Samyy

That part of Asia isn't exactly the friendliest when it comes to dark skinned people.

D:
Well I'm not dark dark, lightish brown!
I'd still really like to visit Japan, perhaps wearing some nice Canadian clothing~

I want to move somewhere too, no issue with Toronto but I really want to get away from my overbearing family.

Tabris

Honestly I'm tired of getting shot all the time. I should move to another city

image.php

Sanjuro

I hate driving....which is a big reason why nyc appeals to me.

I'm going to drive into your pussy-ass bus!

For me it's an outlet. I like the ability to go for a long drive. Sometimes end up in a new area and stay for a bit. Makes for more experiences.

Sanjuro

Cities are tough. That why Providence is kind of fun, because there is no main drag for long stretches of time.

I'm the kind of person that enjoys learning a new area. I'll never remember the streets, but visually I can learn how to get around.

Good hockey podcasts / radio shows to follow?

Usually on the Leafs Lunch & Penguins radio, need a fill for the offseason, anything somewhat active?

Hockey, please come back.

Tabris

We're going to wall your shit off next if you don't watch your sass mouth.

Other way around. We're going to build a wall against you due to the flood of Americans coming in after Trump ruins your country :)

You guys can live in the Northwest Territories. It should be a grassland then by the way global warming is going.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Other way around. We're going to build a wall against you due to the flood of Americans coming in after Trump ruins your country :)

You guys can live in the Northwest Territories. It should be a grassland then by the way global warming is going.

Gross, you've gone too far Tabs

Yawnier

Banned
Good hockey podcasts / radio shows to follow?

Usually on the Leafs Lunch & Penguins radio, need a fill for the offseason, anything somewhat active?

Hockey, please come back.

The Steve Dangle Podcast has been doing about one podcast a week lately

They have had some really good listens this summer, like one with Friedman and another one with Jeff Marek.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhhhh my dick

Oh my gooodddd my titties are crying

LIS: Episode 3 spoilers

CHLOEEEE NOOOOOOOO

YOU WERE GONNA BE MY LESBIAN LOVER!!!

I KISSED YOU!!!

WHY MUST EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIESS ;_; ;_;

Game of motherfucking year. I don't give a fuck if the year ain't even done yet or I am not even finished it.

Never been this engaged in a story or game since RDR. This shit is hot fiyaaahhh for a walking simulator.

Top Bottom