• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Beauchemin is wearing 32 and not his regular 23 for this upcoming season. Obviously that's Hejduk's number but it isn't retired (we have too many retired numbers as it is).

imBask

Banned
Beauchemin is wearing 32 and not his regular 23 for this upcoming season. Obviously that's Hejduk's number but it isn't retired (we have too many retired numbers as it is).

wanna talk about having too many retired numbers?

QgDMDVd.png

imBask

Banned
11/18 were retired in the last ten years, too. Was there some kind of initiative put in place to go back and give people their proper dues, or something?

Gainey probably wanted to retire a lot of them quickly so he could retire his own and stroke his massive ego

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs top 10 prospects according to Pronman who must be fucking high

1-Charles Hudon
2-Noah Juulsen
3-Nikita Scherbak
4-Martin Reway
5-Artturi Lehkonen
6-Jarred Tinordi
7-Zachary Fucale
8-Sven Andrighetto
9-Jérémy Grégoire
10-Michael McCarron
Juulsen ahead of Scherbak, Tinordi and McCarron? Fucale ahead of Andrighetto and McCarron? I'll never understand the praise this guy gets.

Merguson

Banned
Good hockey podcasts / radio shows to follow?

Usually on the Leafs Lunch & Penguins radio, need a fill for the offseason, anything somewhat active?

Hockey, please come back.

Marek vs. Wyshynski
Steve Dangle Podcast

The Steve Dangle Podcast has been doing about one podcast a week lately

They have had some really good listens this summer, like one with Friedman and another one with Jeff Marek.

Best bets in terms of popular podcasts, def.

reddit has a list of hockey podcasts to listen to but not all of them are up to date (or still active)

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/wiki/podcasts

Stasis

Fuck, now I need to try LiS again. I got episode one when it came out and never got into it. Didn't give it much time, though.

I'm impatient as I get older.

And NYC is great, but the more awesome areas are just really fucking expensive now. I guess that's the problem in most places. Montreal isn't there yet. You can still find great places for decent rent. You can still even buy condos in non shit areas for like $300k or so. Maybe a bit cheaper. I haven't checked in a while. Makes it kinda unique in that sense. Having lived in both NYC and Montreal proper (NDG) I can say they're both fantastic. And the city is so English, as is most of the north shore and Laval and heading out west a bit, DDO, Kirkland... it's really easy for a non french speaker to get started. Though I do think most jobs require basic french at the very least due to Provincial law.

Everyone should fly here and check it out. Then we can do a fake mtl-gaf meetup. It's just me and Alucard right? I'm like 20 minutes out now. I live a few mins away from Price and a few others. Thought we saw him at our fave restaurant yesterday. My gfs like: "I thinks its Carey..." but it was just a Quebecer redneck in a big ass pickup with a gun rack and a camo hat. Lol.

Also, can we fast forward a few weeks? Hockey break is way too fucking long.

Curufinwe

Habs top 10 prospects according to Pronman who must be fucking high

Juulsen ahead of Scherbak, Tinordi and McCarron? Fucale ahead of Andrighetto and McCarron? I'll never understand the praise this guy gets.

The Flyers one is just as bad. Lindblom ahead of Sanheim is particularly laughable.

1 Travis Konecny, C (18)
2 Ivan Provorov, D (31)
3 Oskar Lindblom, LW (46)
4 Travis Sanheim, D (68)
5 Samuel Morin, D (HM)
6 Robert Hagg, D (HM)
7 Shayne Gostisbehere, D (HM)
8 David Kase, C
9 Felix Sandstrom, G (12G)
10 Taylor Leier, LW

Stasis

He's pretty much right about us in his initial comment. We've got some 'solid' guys but only Buchnevich and maybe a goalie prospect or two are standouts. I cant see the full list. Anyone wanna post it? I'm gonna cry when Duclair pots 30 in two years and we don't even have yandle on the roster anymore.

Red_Man

The Flyers one is just as bad. Lindblom ahead of Sanheim is particularly laughable
His popularity is purely because he's on twitter and responding to peoples questions regularly. His bias for small, skilled guess is pretty blatant.

i'm not gonna pretend I know what i'm talking about because I really don't when it comes to prospects, but McCaron sounds like he's all hype... I remember him being TERRIBLE at camp last year or the one before that
I was pretty down on the pick originally, and his first season in London was meh, but he made huge strides this past year. He was moved to center, had excellent point production and has developed his overall game quite a bit. A lot of scouts have commented on how far he's come in the past year, I could easily see him making the team out of camp if not for how crowded the bottom six was.

Out of all our current prospects, he's the safest bet to be a regular NHLer, and I say this while excluding DLR seeing as he spent half the season in Montreal.

imBask

Banned
His popularity is purely because he's on twitter and responding to peoples questions regularly. His bias for small, skilled guess is pretty blatant.

I was pretty down on the pick originally, and his first season in London was meh, but he made huge strides this past year. He was moved to center, had excellent point production and has developed his overall game quite a bit. A lot of scouts have commented on how far he's come in the past year, I could easily see him making the team out of camp if not for how crowded the bottom six was.

Out of all our current prospects, he's the safest bet to be a regular NHLer, and I say this while excluding DLR seeing as he spent half the season in Montreal.

DLR is locked in

yeah I guess, at least from what I know... as I said, I have a really hard time caring about prospects, it's a weird science and most fan debate are based on hype and hearsay

I saw Louis Leblanc play with Le Junior and he seemed REALLY GOOD!

Pikma

Banned
Yep, now I know exactly what you mean.

Jesus fuck.

I'm sitting here having my own huge moral debate. I know where I lie on euthanasia, but the consequences could be dire? Could I be trialled as a murderer? I want to do anything for Chloe.
I used to not give a shit about Chloe and even hated her sometimes but ep. 3 and 4 completely changed that. I mean, fuck, her life really sucks...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He's pretty much right about us in his initial comment. We've got some 'solid' guys but only Buchnevich and maybe a goalie prospect or two are standouts. I cant see the full list. Anyone wanna post it? I'm gonna cry when Duclair pots 30 in two years and we don't even have yandle on the roster anymore.

1) Pavel Buchnevich
2) Robin Kovacs
3) Oscar Lindberg
4) Brady Skjei
5) Igor Shesterkin
6) Brandon Halverson
7) Ryan Gropp
8) Ryan Graves
9) Aleksi Saarela
10) Dylan McIlrath

You would think Tambellini would be on the list after the year he had in the WHL last season, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, LOL at Kovacs being #2 ahead of Lindberg when so much of the Rangers' offseason planning this year seems to have been based around giving Lindberg a real shot at making the opening night roster.

Red_Man

Pronman also had Grigorenko rated a head of Galchenyuk up until last year ago or a bit further than that. He has some good analysis, but he tries to stretch himself too thin and it's obvious he hasn't seen much of some players.

For comparisons sake, the rankings for the Habs by McKeen's has Scherbak at #1 and McCarron at #2 and they had direct input from scouts that are currently working for the Habs.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hardcore History is amazing, by the way, thanks to those of you who recommended it. I started on the WWI series this morning and considered being late to work so I could continue driving around listening to it.

Stasis

1) Pavel Buchnevich
2) Robin Kovacs
3) Oscar Lindberg
4) Brady Skjei
5) Igor Shesterkin
6) Brandon Halverson
7) Ryan Gropp
8) Ryan Graves
9) Aleksi Saarela
10) Dylan McIlrath

You would think Tambellini would be on the list after the year he had in the WHL last season, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, LOL at Kovacs being #2 ahead of Lindberg when so much of the Rangers' offseason planning this year seems to have been based around giving Lindberg a real shot at making the opening night roster.

Thanks.

Kovacs ahead of Lindberg, Nieves, Skjei...

Either I need to be way more excited about Kovacs or everyone except Buch isn't worth discussing, lol.

Top Bottom