• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Cake Boss

Banned
dem MGS5 reviews wow

I can't fucking waiitt

giphy.gif

Quick

Banned
I played through about a quarter of MGS 3, and half of MGS 4. I want MGS 5, but I might end up giving up on halfway through like 3 and 4.

Holiday

Banned
I haven't played a MGS since the first two hours of 3.

Should I catch up before playing this, or what? This is the sequel to 3, right?
I'd say it's worth playing if you enjoyed those first two hours. Otherwise you could always watch twitch or youtube to catch up on the story.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'd say it's worth playing if you enjoyed those first two hours. Otherwise you could always watch twitch or youtube to catch up on the story.

I'll probably do that.

I was enjoying 3, but I kind of quit in a huff when I realized that in order to perform some action that the game wanted me to, like a crawling sneak attack or something, I needed to press like every single button on the controller at the same time. It was the beginning of summer, so when I quit out of temporary frustration I just never ended up going back to it.

Edit: oh, and I also found it ridiculous that I was sitting there watching like half hour cutscenes.

Quick

Banned
I'll probably do that.

I was enjoying 3, but I kind of quit in a huff when I realized that in order to perform some action that the game wanted me to, like a crawling sneak attack or something, I needed to press like every single button on the controller at the same time. It was the beginning of summer, so when I quit out of temporary frustration I just never ended up going back to it.

I played MGS3 on PS2, so I was playing with the original camera angle for it. It was equal parts frustrating and amusing flipping back-and-forth from top-down/semi birds-eye view to first person when aiming or crawling.

Third person view on MGS3 Subsistence and the HD Collection is a better experience overall, but the game seemed designed with the original view in mind, so I would end up being spotted because I couldn't see the guards or something.

iLLmAtlc

Not at all. PW introduces all of the characters and MGSV's gameplay like base building and mission structure.

Anything you need to know about GZ was revealed in the trailer where the base gets blown up.

Not at all. PW introduces all of the characters and MGSV's gameplay like base building and mission structure.

Anything you need to know about GZ was revealed in the trailer where the base gets blown up.

Aiight. Most of the other info I gleamed from that digital encyclopedia from long ago. So all I need to do is get up to speed gameplay wise.

imBask

Banned
NHL 15 was the first game I skipped since... well forever

I bought it for $5 this weekend, wow... other than the fact that they removed a ton of basic stuff from the game and focus everything on the pay2win Ultimate Team, my biggest complaint has to be the menus... holy shit, it's barely usable, everytime you click on something it takes a second or 2 to actually do something and you have no feedback whatsoever. Switching a card in Ultimate Team takes like 100 clicks for no reason, and they all take 1-2 seconds to load, it's INFIURIATING

Pikma

Banned
I'm interested in MGSV, if only because of everyone else's hype, but I'm not giving Konami my money.
NHL 15 was the first game I skipped since... well forever

I bought it for $5 this weekend, wow... other than the fact that they removed a ton of basic stuff from the game and focus everything on the pay2win Ultimate Team, my biggest complaint has to be the menus... holy shit, it's barely usable, everytime you click on something it takes a second or 2 to actually do something and you have no feedback whatsoever. Switching a card in Ultimate Team takes like 100 clicks for no reason, and they all take 1-2 seconds to load, it's INFIURIATING
The only UI that has come close to it in recent times is The Witcher 3 but other than that I can't think of any other UI as time wasting as that one. It sucks.

imBask

Banned
I'm interested in MGSV, if only because of everyone else's hype, but I'm not giving Konami my money.
The only UI that has come close to it in recent times is The Witcher 3 but other than that I can't think of any other UI as time wasting as that one. It sucks.

Witcher 3 worked fine on PC, I would switch back and forth between controller and mouse and keyboard for that purpose but I get what you're saying

I thought the UI in Dragon Age inquisition was garbage too

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'll probably do that.

Edit: oh, and I also found it ridiculous that I was sitting there watching like half hour cutscenes.
Haha I know that feel. The only MGS I played is the first one and I loved that game. The next MGS game I tried is MGS4 and everything about that game confused now. Story was confusing and control was confusing. Having said that, I played a bit of Ground Zero and found its control to be excellent. Very smooth and no confusing button combination. Plays like a Uncharted type game with more stealth haha. Also, reviews of MGSV all points to less long game cinematics and more gameplay. So I think you may like this one more just because of that as well. I suggest you try to get a cheap GZ and just play it and see if you like the way it plays, because that's going to be what MGSV plays like.

As for being potentially confused about the overall story, the only ones you really need to know for the purpose of MGSV would be MGS3 and Peace Walker. Chronologically speaking, the event of MGS1, 2 and 4 haven't happened yet. So if you can, find a good Lets Play for MGS3 and Peace Walker and you'll be good to go with MGSV.

Yawnier

Banned
Haha I know that feel. The only MGS I played is the first one and I loved that game. The next MGS game I tried is MGS4 and everything about that game confused now. Story was confusing and control was confusing. Having said that, I played a bit of Ground Zero and found its control to be excellent. Very smooth and no confusing button combination. Plays like a Uncharted type game with more stealth haha. Also, reviews of MGSV all points to less long game cinematics and more gameplay. So I think you may like this one more just because of that as well. I suggest you try to get a cheap GZ and just play it and see if you like the way it plays, because that's going to be what MGSV plays like.

As for being potentially confused about the overall story, the only ones you really need to know for the purpose of MGSV would be MGS3 and Peace Walker. Chronologically speaking, the event of MGS1, 2 and 4 haven't happened yet. So if you can, find a good Lets Play for MGS3 and Peace Walker and you'll be good to go with MGSV.
Yeah.... going into playing MGS4 without playing MGS2 is not a good idea lol.

Characters like Raiden and Vamp are introduced in 2 plus there is the whole thing with Sunny's mom too.

Samyy

Yeah.... going into playing MGS4 without playing MGS2 is not a good idea lol.

Characters like Raiden and Vamp are introduced in 2 plus there is the whole thing with Sunny's mom too.

I played MGS4 without playing any of them, just watched youtube videos explaining the past games.

Cake Boss

Banned
So I signed up to get an invite for Hockeystreams twice now and still no invite to my email :(

I kind of want to sign up for the service for this season.

i'm not bothering with extensions for a legit service... I want the convenience, so tablet, ps4 browser, phone and PC... Hockeystreams does all of that out of the box
unblockus works with all of those (its just a smartDNS) I used it all last year and I will do the same this year

the only tricky one is Phone when on mobile network

EDIT: I'm not sure if this dips into questionable territory, but if you set your unblockus to the UK, you can buy gamecenter for $100 instead of $150

imBask

Banned
unblockus works with all of those (its just a smartDNS) I used it all last year and I will do the same this year

the only tricky one is Phone when on mobile network

EDIT: I'm not sure if this dips into questionable territory, but if you set your unblockus to the UK, you can buy gamecenter for $100 instead of $150

you still get what i'm trying to say right? I prefer to buy the "illegal" service that works easily and everywhere rather than using a legal service that requires me to use some "grey area" extensions (if i'm not mistaken Canada's CRTC was trying to crack down on Proxies)

Stasis

Anybody getting NHL 16 on X1? I'm thinking about getting it this year

I'm debating. NHL 15 was kinda terrible but I did get some of my bagm fix when it hit EA access.

I bought 14 when it was like $15 on PS3.

16 could be the one that gets me back to buying at release since they're fixing (returning what used to be there in the first place...) bagm somewhat, but I'd like to test it out first. Like if there's a 10 hour EA access demo or something. Ive seen conflicting reports on that front. Anyone know?

Tried the Splatoon testfire demo over the weekend. Stopped when I got spawn-camped by someone. I had the roller so he could just stand far away and shoot me.

Went back to Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. The music and environments are amazing.

you still get what i'm trying to say right? I prefer to buy the "illegal" service that works easily and everywhere rather than using a legal service that requires me to use some "grey area" extensions (if i'm not mistaken Canada's CRTC was trying to crack down on Proxies)
im trying to get what you are saying, but unblockus isnt an extension, nor is it a proxy

imBask

Banned
im trying to get what you are saying, but unblockus isnt an extension, nor is it a proxy

well it's a VPN thingy? I still don't want to pass through any of that, basically I want the most convinient and simple thing, which is Hockeystreams, I would pay for Gamecenter if they would just remove the damn blackout. I want to pay for the real thing without having to go through some hoops to watch what I pay for

also i'm googling unblock-us and I see it's about US streaming, i'm in Canada so I don't know if it applies here?

EDIT: oh wait and you have to pay for 4.99$ a month for it too? screw that

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
California-bros, I'll be in San Fran Sep6-8, tell me some good places I can't miss! We have on our must-see/do-list:

Golden Gate Bridge (ofc)
Alcatraz
Ride Cable Cars
Lombard Street

What else? We'll be staying in SOMA, then it's off for 6 days to Hawaii, aww yiss

quoting myself for new page

well it's a VPN thingy? I still don't want to pass through any of that, basically I want the most convinient and simple thing, which is Hockeystreams, I would pay for Gamecenter if they would just remove the damn blackout. I want to pay for the real thing without having to go through some hoops to watch what I pay for

also i'm googling unblock-us and I see it's about US streaming, i'm in Canada so I don't know if it applies here?

EDIT: oh wait and you have to pay for 4.99$ a month for it too? screw that
unblock-us is a smartDNS, and yea its 4.99 a month, I got gamecenter for $100 and unblock-us for 4.99 each month of the season, which was cheaper than hockeystreams, plus you get the added benefits of gamecenter like native apps

Top Bottom