• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Socreges

Banned
The fuck:

3MiFXpp.png

imBask

Banned
˙ʞɔɐq ǝɯoɔ oʇ spǝǝu ʎןןɐǝɹ ʎǝʞɔoɥ

Socreges

Banned
Giordano's contract is probably the best the Flames org could do given the circumstances, but it's probably rewarding him for his best two seasons as he begins the inexorable decline. That said he might have more legs since he really started his NHL career later than average.

zroid

Banned
Gio will probably be well overpaid in his last couple of seasons of the deal, but I think it's enough of an underpay for the first couple seasons that it will balance out. when you can sign your captain for 6 years to a contract that isn't an overpay on the whole, you did good.

the one concern is that Calgary has cap space right now so the bargain value in 2016-17 won't affect them much. but in a couple of years when they need to sign Monahan, Gaudreau, etc., that may not be the case. so we'll see.

Giordano's contract is probably the best the Flames org could do given the circumstances, but it's probably rewarding him for his best two seasons as he begins the inexorable decline. That said he might have more legs since he really started his NHL career later than average.

I'm trying really hard to see the downside, term is reasonable, hit is just as reasonable. I think a lot about the intangibles, even if his play declines it's hard to see his leadership value reducing. Although he definitely has rallied guys and helped with a lot of those 3rd period wins last season. Hard to say how years 4-6 will shake out, but of course I'm optimistic.

On the verge of losing everything. Break is not going well and no more job. Not really sure what I'm gonna do and for whatever reason we've got a weird family here so I figured I'd share.

It's like what Old Snake said, War has changed

Also why didn't Hunter ever wear any shoes?

Because they're a vegan. It's definitely that.

On the verge of losing everything. Break is not going well and no more job. Not really sure what I'm gonna do and for whatever reason we've got a weird family here so I figured I'd share.

Hey pal, now's the time to do something where you're not limited by time. Do something that's out of the ordinary. Don't fall into lazy monotony. God, it's hard to do something and take the first step. Trust me, I know. But when you're sitting on the edge of a river bank you've never been to because you decided to walk for 4 hours without stopping or you're stuck in the desert with 2% charge on your phone, then you'll stop and think "why the fuck did I listen to Dastardly Jerks on the Internet forum known as "NeoGARGH" and then you'll truly understand how much of an idiot you are for not having me on ignore.

Socreges

Banned
I don't know what Dastardly said above because I have him on ignore, but it's almost certainly best avoided. Stay safe.

I've been there. Sucks at first. Gets much better. I've also just seen a buddy go through a divorce and job troubles. Months later he has no regrets.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
oy 19&21 I've got some expiring airmiles if you wanna go on vacation somewhere for free

oy 19&21 I've got some expiring airmiles if you wanna go on vacation somewhere for free

Appreciate it man but it'd essentially be me getting off the plane and getting right back on. I ain't got shit. I'm living at my grandma's place in BFE because of the break, no car, completely isolated. No options. Fuck me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Appreciate it man but it'd essentially be me getting off the plane and getting right back on. I ain't got shit. I'm living at my grandma's place in BFE because of the break, no car, completely isolated. No options. Fuck me.

I'm sure we can scrape you together the money for 2 hotel nights. Change of scenery and a break from everything would do you well.

Top Bottom