• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Cake Boss

Banned
So did I.

People keep falling for our marketing tactics

Cheque just came in.

lakak8ko5nazobowu0nz.gif

That's pretty messed up. I don't understand how some people can do these things.

I can't fathom the mental illness required to pull out a gun and shoot an innocent person like that.

Yet talking about how mental illness is the cause - rather than exclusively firearms - is somehow "deflecting" the conversation.

I just saw Twitter:

Oh Jesus fuck. How do you accept gay marriage before you accept gun control.

Can we reverse countries for a sec?

That way you can be bigoted, but at least people won't be shot.

I guess ultimately this is why we just yell out outrage online and don't change anything. Violence has overtaken sex as our great escape. If we don't have that, we have video games or possessions.

Everything is s vice.

My last escape from everything was meth.

The real escape is disconnection. Walk away from everything and find primal nurturing in real human connection and being with nature.

What we're seeing here, and in Syria, and every part of the world we're not being shown on TV, is blissful ignorance.

19&21, when I said the best recovery was to take a long walk. I was serious.

Our media, our social media, our gaming platforms, our phones.

They'll consume us.

Disconnect and walk on the wild side.

It's the best natural distraction. Until anything destroys you physically.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A fucking guy films himself murdering two people in cold blood, then uploads the video to twitter.

That's enough internet for now, I'm going to get some fresh air.

@Dastardly

Honestly the best thing I've been able to do so far is reconnect with people. I've sacrificed so many things for my relationship, put in so much time and effort. Never received nearly the same. I know she loves me but she's completely unable to be the person she wants to be right now.

The fact that you all have my back when you don't even know me, when I've gotten raw with a lot of you and said some pretty brutal things. I don't even know what to say to that. We should all get married or some shit.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
@Dastardly

Honestly the best thing I've been able to do so far is reconnect with people. I've sacrificed so many things for my relationship, put in so much time and effort. Never received nearly the same. I know she loves me but she's completely unable to be the person she wants to be right now.

The fact that you all have my back when you don't even know me, when I've gotten raw with a lot of you and said some pretty brutal things. I don't even know what to say to that. We should all get married or some shit.

Dudes (and Kat) Mansion

I'm so fucking glad to hear that 19&21, like you wouldn't believe.

Overcoming your own adversity, especially one forged by others, is unbelievable. You don't know what you're up against until it's in front of you.

One thing I learned in rehab is acknowledging your adversity and acknowledging how you can tackle it.

My biggest challenge was facing a repressed past. It wasn't until I acknowledged the dangers I was inhabiting mentally, as well as the mental dangers I was open to fostering (other issues or anything that detracted from myself), that I learned to let go and come to terms with reality.

You will eventually... Hell, you almost seem to have. But once you know your adversity and what your plan is to remove it and overcome it, then you'll know true freedom.

Fuck...
Please PM me if you need to talk further about anything.

Pikma

Banned
@Dastardly

The fact that I sincerely support you and I'm here for whatever you may need doesn't mean I cancelled my plan to shit by your front door if the Avs ever sweep us again, so yeah I guess I consider you my friend. <3

Quick

Banned
@Dastardly

Apologies for prying, but were you in a relationship where you and her just existed within your own bubble? Did she also disconnect from her own friends from before you guys started dating?

Regardless of anything, you're doing the right thing in trying to reconnect with people. I took some of my friends for granted and put whoever I would be dating ahead of them, but I'm fortunate enough to learn my lesson before we hit the breaking point.

That being said, I did lose a good friend of mine recently over a girl that I had a hard time letting go of. She thought I was an idiot for still clinging on, and she just reached her breaking point and decided to stop all contact with me. In a way, it's a bit of a relief since she has her own issues, but I don't ever like losing friends.

I'll echo Dastardly and say that you're definitely welcome to PM me anytime if you need to talk.

Pikma

Banned
I'm so fucking glad to hear that 19&21, like you wouldn't believe.

Overcoming your own adversity, especially one forged by others, is unbelievable. You don't know what you're up against until it's in front of you.

One thing I learned in rehab is acknowledging your adversity and acknowledging how you can tackle it.

My biggest challenge was facing a repressed past. It wasn't until I acknowledged the dangers I was inhabiting mentally, as well as the mental dangers I was open to fostering (other issues or anything that detracted from myself), that I learned to let go and come to terms with reality.

You will eventually... Hell, you almost seem to have. But once you know your adversity and what your plan is to remove it and overcome it, then you'll know true freedom.

Fuck...
Please PM me if you need to talk further about anything.
I think that's an incredibly big part that most people seem to miss or purposely avoid. The only way to fix any issue you may encounter in life is by acknowledging that you have it in the first place, and start working from there, and when I say work I mean to actually do something and not just the typical "try to forget/ignore/run away from it" people tend to try. Adversity cannot be avoided, it's impossible, the only way to get rid of it is to fight it.

And all of that may sound pretty duh! theorically but I think we all know how putting it to practice is the actual difficult part.

I think that's an incredibly big part that most people seem to miss or purposely avoid. The only way to fix any issue you may encounter in life is by acknowledging that you have it in the first place, and start working from there, and when I say work I mean to actually do something and not just the typical "try to forget/ignore/run away from it" people tend to try. Adversity cannot be avoided, it's impossible, the only way to get rid of it is to fight it.

And all of that may sound pretty duh! theorically but I think we all know how putting it to practice is the actual difficult part.

Wherever you go, there you are. Hang in there 19&21, I'm wishing you the best brother.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
@Dastardly

This would be some sort of reverse harem for me.

But honestly, I support you. And I'll echo (again) what others have said, that you need to acknowledge and face your problems. Which, believe me I know, is incredibly difficult. It doesn't have to be all at once, but it does need to be done.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
@Dastardly

Bro, Kyle STILL ows me money since I bought him a PS4 like 2 years ago.

Bros before hoes fanbases or something like that. We've all been there, we're here for you.

Also for those of you just getting Life is Strange. Be prepared. Be soooo prepared. Chapter 1 is harmless, do NOT quit before you've finished Chapter 2. Then suddenly you're done Chapter 4 and swearing at thee concept of "chapter releases" because you want to play Chapter 5 RIGHT NOW.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was referencing Heretic and Calamari.

Now hopefully you don't need to post images objectifying women (or men).

You're right. Instead of posting a gif from a National Geographic yoga tutorial, I'll treat the actual women in my life like trophies, up to the point of triumphantly posting pictures of the bedsheets that are mussed up as I conquer them like Alsace-Lorraine.

Tabris

Shower her in Ikea end tables and $20 bottles of whiskey. Don't let her get away.

Shower her in amazingly designed products and classy drinks at value prices? Sounds good!

I like how you side-step your after hours objectifying of women that has driven away some posters. It's 2015. Gender equality time. And gender equality doesn't mean also objectifying men, it means don't objectify either :p

Calamari41

41 > 38
Shower her in amazingly designed products and classy drinks at value prices? Sounds good!

I like how you side-step your after hours objectifying of women that has driven away some posters. It's 2015. Gender equality time. And gender equality doesn't mean also objectifying men, it means don't objectify either :p

I'm not side-stepping anything, I simply don't care and just used the entire situation as a segue into ribbing you via past inside jokes.

Pikma

Banned

Oh god tabris you're so modern, so forward thinking, so liberal, so awesome.

Cake Boss

Banned

Calamari lets his dick game do the showering.

xQMiyuD.gif

what a weird page to come into. Gonna hide for a bit.

Calamari doesn't objectify women, perfect gentlemen.

People don't shy away from after hours because of that, they shy away because they can't handle it.
milana_vayntrub_melts_my_heart_1056229829.gif

Quick

Banned
I was briefly skimming the thread about the shooting of the reporter and her camera man, and what really irks me is seeing a post that starts with "As an [insert descriptor]..."

Example:

As a Canadian, America you make me sad :(

It's just stuff like this every single week. Every day. How many more times does this have to happen before you'll realize that maybe you might have an issue with guns.

Then there's this irrelevant post:

I asked in one of the Donald Trump threads, but is there a good way to search for jobs in foreign countries?

Top Bottom