• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Waiting for this prospect tournament...

ekJ48.gif

Socreges

Banned
Holy shit I suck at MGS, always getting D or C in my missions. Trying to go all stealth as well.
All about those tactical takedowns. Tranqs when necessary.

I find myself using the magazines much, much more. I don't think they were unlimited in previous games.

If you get spotted just reset checkpoint, this game is very generous, they penalize you once only.
I think that's a less fulfilling way to experience the game. Take the loss, run and adjust to the alert (or respond with guns - wouldn't be my approach). Purer experience and even more fun, I think.

Samyy

Prospect Update!

Martins Dzierkals (3rd round 2015) with 4 points in his first 3 preseason games in the Q

J.J. Piccinich (4th round 2014) with 5 goals in an intrasquad game which is nice. All the players picked after him in that draft had better seasons and he looks like our worst pick in the last two drafts based on his performance last year in college. Hopefully with the Knights he can play on the wing with either Dvorak or Marner, would be huge for him this season.

Andreas Johnson (7th round 2013) 6 points in his first 3 Champions Hockey League games, but its round robin play with lower quality teams so not a big deal.

Pikma

Banned
Thank you everyone!
Happy Birthday, Pikma! I baked you one of my famous cakes.

c1cd9cf4e7b6a62a2568a2f928a454fa.jpg

(Pikma's name is Matt, FYI)
From now on you can call me Pikmatt, nice confection btw, I can see it must have taken you quite some time.
Pikma's Mii has been lying to me. D:
I'd never trust a bucket wielding Inkling/Mii
Happy birthday mattma
I guess mattma works too :lol
Happy birthday you filthy animal!
Excuse me, you must have mistaken me for one of those dirty furballs
Yoshi's Island already has an After Hours themed NHL-GAF level:

yoshi's_island_bikini_mountain.jpg
There's a little Kojima inside every game designer.

Pikma

Banned
Poor Peverley. The guy deserved way better but at least he'll stay close to hockey.

Also, where's 19 & 21? Hope he's doing alright..

Yawnier

Banned
Prospect Update!

Martins Dzierkals (3rd round 2015) with 4 points in his first 3 preseason games in the Q

J.J. Piccinich (4th round 2014) with 5 goals in an intrasquad game which is nice. All the players picked after him in that draft had better seasons and he looks like our worst pick in the last two drafts based on his performance last year in college. Hopefully with the Knights he can play on the wing with either Dvorak or Marner, would be huge for him this season.

Andreas Johnson (7th round 2013) 6 points in his first 3 Champions Hockey League games, but its round robin play with lower quality teams so not a big deal.
Andreas Johnson is a stud

Cake Boss

Banned
All about those tactical takedowns. Tranqs when necessary.

I find myself using the magazines much, much more. I don't think they were unlimited in previous games.

I think that's a less fulfilling way to experience the game. Take the loss, run and adjust to the alert (or respond with guns - wouldn't be my approach). Purer experience and even more fun, I think.

Yeah been going all ham with tactical takedowns.

Iam gonna start using the mags a lot more now, the robot arm barely does anything for me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
WTF. You can't make this shit up.

I'm not even mad. I'm numb to it. I mean, why bother developing a young player when you can store him in Grand Rapids until he's 25, gets angry, and demands a trade?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
1 year, $950,000 dollars.

Almost a million dollars to take up a roster spot.

The bright side is that it can be completely buried in the AHL so it won't affect the salary cap.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Have fun playing for the Griffins this year Cleary. No way he starts up on the main roster unless we have an injury... I think.

Z/Pavs/Nyquist wait.. Pavel is hurt, so yeah that's why he was signed and will just be a 14th forward until he comes back.

Franzen is trying to come back as well, but I don't see it. We also don't have room for his cap hit. Him being on IR is saving us 4 mil.

Curufinwe

Ryan Pilon lost his passion to play and quit the Wheat Kings lol

I remember hyping him as a player for the Leafs to target in the 2nd round. Whoops.

I thought it would be nice to take him in the 5th or 6th since he was Provorov's partner. it's somewhat shocking news.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Ryan Pilon lost his passion to play and quit the Wheat Kings lol

I remember hyping him as a player for the Leafs to target in the 2nd round. Whoops.

Huh. I was bummed when the Canucks didn't draft him in the second. Guess we dodged a bullet?

Plinko

Have fun playing for the Griffins this year Cleary. No way he starts up on the main roster unless we have an injury... I think.

Z/Pavs/Nyquist wait.. Pavel is hurt, so yeah that's why he was signed and will just be a 14th forward until he comes back.

Franzen is trying to come back as well, but I don't see it. We also don't have room for his cap hit. Him being on IR is saving us 4 mil.

Helene St. James already said he'll probably be in the minors all year.

Franzen, though? I'll bet he's back.

Silexx

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 14m14 minutes ago

Sens GM Bryan Murray tells @TerryMarcotte that Chris Phillips (back) might not be ready for camp. Still having some issues.

*Insert appropriate Cake Boss reaction gif here*

Top Bottom