• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Clydefrog

clyve/clyde, voynov/wifebeater, who cares?

But seriously, I'm going to Honolulu for 2 days and Waikoloa for 5, any recommendations?

Honolulu for just 2 days? see the essentials: Pearl Harbor and North Shore. maybe sneak in a visit to Lanikai Beach if you can.

Waikoloa, nice. Big Island is big. Since you're in Kona, do some fishing or night diving with the giant manta rays. Make sure you visit the volcano (Kilauea). The hike inside the crater is weird and fun. Lava tube also fun. Don't bring back any Pele's tears/hair/etc. Bad, bad luck.

On the other side, Hilo is beautiful. Waipio valley is gorgeous.

Be nice to the locals! Big Island folk tend to not be kind to tourists who do not appreciate the land.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Honolulu for just 2 days? see the essentials: Pearl Harbor and North Shore. maybe sneak in a visit to Lanikai Beach if you can.

Waikoloa, nice. Big Island is big. Since you're in Kona, do some fishing or night diving with the giant manta rays. Make sure you visit the volcano (Kilauea). The hike inside the crater is weird and fun. Lava tube also fun. Don't bring back any Pele's tears/hair/etc. Bad, bad luck.

Be nice to the locals! Big Island folk tend to not be kind to tourists who do not appreciate the land.

Thanks man. We're doing the Volcano tour for sure and are also planning to drive up Mauna Kea for stargazing. I heard Hapuna Beach is the best beach on the island so it might be worth the short drive? Which beach is best for nighttime manta ray diving? I heard they light up the beach at night to attract the mantas...?

Yeah only 2 days in honolulu since we felt like there's more to see&do on the big island.

Of course we'll be nice! :p one more thing: do most places accept credit or should we bring lots of cash? (Outside the hotel ofc)

God i hate early morning flights. I literally got 1 hour of sleep and now I have to drive to the airport... -.-

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Chris Phillips really needs to stop being so stubborn and retire already. Even his back is telling him to retire.

He's not good anymore either, so it's not like there's talent going to waste if he retires now.

Curufinwe

Chris Phillips really needs to stop being so stubborn and retire already. Even his back is telling him to retire.

He's not good anymore either, so it's not like there's talent going to waste if he retires now.

He would give up US $2,500,000 by retiring now.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I need to go to the big island and Honolulu, but I just loved Kauai so much that it's going to be tough to plan a trip anywhere else.

I need to go to the big island and Honolulu, but I just loved Kauai so much that it's going to be tough to plan a trip anywhere else.

Kauai is cool because it's so different from the rest of the islands. Got to stay there a couple of days and thought it was cool that it was so secluded. And the chickens everywhere was kind of fun.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I finished episode 1 of Life is Strange. It's pretty great and it was very interesting to see how my choices differed from others. I might try episode 2 tonight.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I finished episode 1 of Life is Strange. It's pretty great and it was very interesting to see how my choices differed from others. I might try episode 2 tonight.

Get ready for a super boring segment and then a super intense ending.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kauai is cool because it's so different from the rest of the islands. Got to stay there a couple of days and thought it was cool that it was so secluded. And the chickens everywhere was kind of fun.

The other island we went to was Maui and to be honest, it felt like being in Fountain Valley where I grew up. Same semi-suburban streets and everything. I'm not talking about the sights, of course, but just the "meat" of the place.

Socreges

Banned
MGSV question. Early early game (Chapter 1). Not really spoilerish, but to be safe:

After extracting Miller and getting Mother Base up and running, I went back to the same chapter to extract the Commander from Wakh Sind Barracks. But where the hell is the Commander? Do I have to do something else to trigger that mini-mission? I've seen nothing to indicate that the Commander is in the Barracks and Ocelot has said nothing about it.

Asking here to avoid spoilers in the other thread...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Ignored by kat :( Sad face~

:(

I'm not ignoring you! Honest. I'm going to tackle episode two tomorrow. So far I haven't found the story too twisty. Well other than what Max can do. I look forward to a boring part with an intense ending.

Edit: fuck you Pikma :mad:

Edit2: GGs Pikma. That's it for me tonight. I really hate Moray Towers. :(

Quick

Banned
I've got 7 Rainbow 6 Siege and 3 The Division closed beta codes to give away.

I want to offer it up here first before I post it in the Canadian Deals thread or something. The coupons I got for it are labelled Xbox One, but the code is to enter on their respective websites, where you get to pick your platform.

I'll leave it here for the day. If there are any codes left by the afternoon (5:00 PM ET), I'll offer those to the rest of GAF.

Just call dibs and I'll PM a code once I get the time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I want to offer it up here first before I post it in the Canadian Deals thread or something. The coupons I got for it are labelled Xbox One, but the code is to enter on their respective websites, where you get to pick your platform.

I'll leave it here for the day. If there are any codes left by the afternoon (5:00 PM ET), I'll offer those to the rest of GAF.

Can I get a Division code? If not one, I'll take a R6 one. The Division is one of hte few games this gen I've had my eye on for a couple years now.

Pikma

Banned

Dibs on a Division code, if I'm late I'll take a Rainbow 6 Siege code :p

Pikma

Banned
:(

I'm not ignoring you! Honest. I'm going to tackle episode two tomorrow. So far I haven't found the story too twisty. Well other than what Max can do. I look forward to a boring part with an intense ending.

Edit: fuck you Pikma :mad:

Edit2: GGs Pikma. That's it for me tonight. I really hate Moray Towers. :(

Love you too kat :p

GGs!

Rainbow six seige if you still have some.

Hey man the Leafs are cool and stuff right?

I'd love a code for either game.

Curufinwe

MGSV question. Early early game (Chapter 1). Not really spoilerish, but to be safe:

After extracting Miller and getting Mother Base up and running, I went back to the same chapter to extract the Commander from Wakh Sind Barracks. But where the hell is the Commander? Do I have to do something else to trigger that mini-mission? I've seen nothing to indicate that the Commander is in the Barracks and Ocelot has said nothing about it.

Asking here to avoid spoilers in the other thread...

I found him in the building at the back of the compound, and managed to tranq and extract him. But then I got killed trying to escape the area so I gave up replaying the mission.
Try grabbing and then interrogating a solider to find out his location.

This spoiler-free guide has more info.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/faqs/72352#section24

Top Bottom