• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Can't believe hockey is almost back.

Bets on how long it takes before Toronto media tears into this new management?

I'm gonna say at least the first or second week The Toronto Media will be like " WHY ARENT WE WINNING? SHOULD SHANAHAN BE FIRED? IS BABCOCK THE WRONG CHOICE FOR TORONTO? IS MITCH MARNER A BUST? IS KADRI A BAD LOCKER ROOM GUY!??"

zroid

Banned
toronto sports radio has been too happy lately with the Blue Jays

looking forward to more of the doom and gloom I'm accustomed to when hockey season returns

My only goal/expectation for this season is to see Phil score a hat-trick in every game against us.

probably going to watch more pens games than leafs games tbh. thank you rogers for another free year of GCL!

zroid

Banned
I honestly think The Blue Jays will Burn Out Just in time for the MLB playoffs. I don't see this Momentum staying for the entire season.

Donaldson is amazing btw.
I don't really believe in momentum, but they're not going to be as good as they were in August, that's for sure. Hopefully it's good enough.

Quick

Banned
A couple of my good friends moved away, and it's made me think about another friend of mine who decided to cut me off last year. She and I got into a disagreement that resulted in her stopping all contact with me. I want to mend fences, and I'm not really sure where to start.

My go-to is to text her, since we've never been the calling types. I'm not even sure she'll respond to it. But we've been silent for a year now, and I haven't really put much thought into it until now.

I've been really sad about it the past couple of weeks now.

Yawnier

Banned
It still doesn't look like they are.

They traded Kessel but retained everyone else.

Looks like a retool to me... aiming for a good pick, maybe... and they're waiting on marner, kapanen, nylander to make the jump.

Though our goalie situation is just ready to turn into a disaster

If re-tooling is what shanaman management is doing, then it is a damn heavy re-tool.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The Aerospray is so good. I'm getting consistently higher scores with it. It just might replace my beloved .52 Gal Deco.

Sure, I'm up for a twin squad. Or a full one.

Almost there!

I haven't paid attention I would have thought they had already done that.

I might play some Splatoon around 8-9 EST if you guys are going to play.

A couple of my good friends moved away, and it's made me think about another friend of mine who decided to cut me off last year. She and I got into a disagreement that resulted in her stopping all contact with me. I want to mend fences, and I'm not really sure where to start.

My go-to is to text her, since we've never been the calling types. I'm not even sure she'll respond to it. But we've been silent for a year now, and I haven't really put much thought into it until now.

Do it, it can only help the relationship at this point.

Also, I like that Colorado third. *shrugs*

Foggy

Yeah same reason I can't stand the normal jerseys for Columbus. The state flag logo is lame, so I'll take the clip-art cannon any day of the week.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stamkos' desire to play center could affect decision to re-sign with Lightning

Money-wise, Stamkos is expected to command a salary on par with Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, both of whom will be making $10.5 million this season. That's a possible sticking point, but there are other factors at play, including Stamkos' positional preference, Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet reports.

Stamkos prefers to play centre, which creates a top-six logjam with Valtteri Filppula and triplet Tyler Johnson. It sounds like the Lightning would prefer Stamkos to play on the wing to ease that issue. From what I've been told, the discussions were professional, but both organization and player remain searching for common ground.

Friedman further reports there were rumblings of trade talks surrounding Stamkos prior to the NHL Draft in June, but it's believed talks didn't proceed very far down that road.

Some sources indicate teams called Yzerman to ask. Others say the Lightning wanted to check the market in case they eventually had to do something.

It would be pretty insane if they moved him because of positional preference.

Edit: God damn cat

Report: Stamkos' desire to play center could affect decision to re-sign with Lightning

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/825626

Hmm I know just the man that Stamkos can replace :)

Imagine a Patches-Stamkos-Gallagher line

HNNNNNGGG

Or yknow.. He goes to the Leafs

News cycle must be bone try for them to be jerking off to this. He's not leaving. They're not giving up Stamkos for Filppula or Johnson. I'm sure they would like a lot of things but like most this is meaningless and will have no impact at all.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit lamaroo. That's the second highest score I've seen.

:D

I don't think I'm going to catch you levelling up this time.

I think every time I've logged on in the past two weeks, Urchin Underpass and Flounder Heights were in rotation. I wish they'd at least do 3 map rotations at this point.

Now we're stuck in this lobby :(

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
:D

I don't think I'm going to catch you levelling up this time.

I think every time I've logged on in the past two weeks, Urchin Underpass and Flounder Heights were in rotation. I wish they'd at least do 3 map rotations at this point.

Now we're stuck in this lobby :(

I seem to always get Arowana Mall. I don't think I'll catch up to Pikma any time soon.

And the lobby timed out, lol.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to always get Arowana Mall. I don't think I'll catch up to Pikma any time soon.

And the lobby timed out, lol.

I've spent more time watching loading screens than playing tonight.

I wish that was an exaggeration.

Oh my god, I just waited to join your lobby for the full 3 minutes, then it didn't even add me in.

Lost connection, I'm done. Good games Kat.

zroid

Banned
Splatoon has been extra unstable today
damn long weekend

by the way guys sorry I never ended up playing splatoon with yall over the summer... just haven't really felt like playing games much lately. I'm really excited about Mario Maker though! hope to exchange levels with whomever of you are getting it.

Pikma

Banned
Holy shit, I just stood in line for cookies at Fashion Island next to Corey Perry. It was glorious.
Should have kissed him on the cheek and maybe whispered one or two [inaudible] words into his ear.

If your really want to, just do it Quick! You don't lose anything by trying. Worse thing that happen is that the relationship ends up in the same place it is right now!

Also, really hope things start to turn around for you so you can get rid of that feeling asap.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, so I texted her and she called me back. We hashed it out and things seem good now.

I'm still definitely sad about my friends leaving, but I feel less burdened about it now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I had no idea NHL 16 comes out in a week, probably because I haven't cared less about a NHL game in a long time.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Kat, where are you? Now you missed my 1600p :p

You missed mine! And I brought receipts! :p

KWecN9t.jpg

That's it for me tonight. ggs, when you were connected lol

Top Bottom