• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
Boudreau was such a cute kid!

k6zg7MN.png

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhhh Boucher sucking Mike Hoffbae and Norrissons balls beautifully this morning, brings tears to my eyes, and maybe jizz in my face.

OK Computer is like Moving Picture or Dark Side of The Moon, it's arguably the best overall eventhough most fans have other favorites

I don't know enough about Rush to comment there, but I'd say it's a toss up between Dark Side and The Wall as to what consensus best would be, even though the correct answer is Animals.

Fletcher was on NHL radio this morning and said that he was going to hire Torchetti and that Boudreau being available was a "game changer", and that if he struck out with Boudreau it would be Torchetti's job.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Also, Boudreau apparently said that Minnesota was his #1 all along. I doubt it but whatever.

fallout

It may not have been b/s. Wild are a fairly stable, playoff calibre team, while Ottawa and Calgary are not there yet.
I was going to say that I can see why the Wild might be attractive for a coach like Boudreau. A lot of talent with stuff to work on and improve.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to say that I can see why the Wild might be attractive for a coach like Boudreau. A lot of talent with stuff to work on and improve.
There seems to be locker room problems there though and I get the sense the players feel they don't need to listen to the coach. That just could be my impression from seeing Yeo go nuts on them and also his comments about Oates kinda interfering.

Yawnier

Banned
Fletcher was on NHL radio this morning and said that he was going to hire Torchetti and that Boudreau being available was a "game changer", and that if he struck out with Boudreau it would be Torchetti's job.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Also, Boudreau apparently said that Minnesota was his #1 all along. I doubt it but whatever.

How legit is Michael Russo? Cause he was on MvsW yesterday and said that Carlyle was their second choice for head coach after Boudreau

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Laine's shot from Ovechkin's spot is devastating

It feels like he's such a big complimentary player, though... when you see what matthews does in both zones

To me... watching this tournament forces me to conclude we're going with matthews and it's not going to be close

Vman

How legit is Michael Russo? Cause he was on MvsW yesterday and said that Carlyle was their second choice for head coach after Boudreau

Probably the most reliable beat writer in the NHL. Dude knows his stuff and doesn't report without having it double sourced.

zroid

Banned
It feels like he's such a big complimentary player, though... when you see what matthews does in both zones

To me... watching this tournament forces me to conclude we're going with matthews and it's not going to be close

Both Matthews and Puljujarvi seem to have a more well developed two way game than Laine. The one concern is it's really hard to project how well a player's defensive awareness translates to the NHL since it's such a different beast. With Laine it's pretty clear you're getting a stud who will produce offensively. I think you're getting that with Matthews too, though.

Either way, clearly based on their overall track records Matthews is the guy you take 1st.

Cake Boss

Banned
We already got one.

Notice how Murray wasn't mentioned at all about the interview process?

Even Godfredsson sat in on the interview with Boucher.

douchebag probably wanted Hartley or Carlyle.

Went from Dave Cameron, Jason Smith, Luke Richardson to Guy Boucher, Marc Crawford and Benoit Groux.

Decent start.
Still would have liked Boudreau tho.

douchebag probably wanted Hartley or Carlyle.

Went from Dave Cameron, Jason Smith, Luke Richardson to Guy Boucher, Marc Crawford and Benoit Groux.

Decent start.
Still would have liked Boudreau tho.

Is Groulx confirmed? Seems a rumour last I heard.

I like what Dorion is doing so far. Murray would have never done any of this.

I hope Boucher signed on with a clause that Hoffman is resigned, he pumped his tires more in one day than the org ever did in the past.

Socreges

Banned

Both Matthews and Puljujarvi seem to have a more well developed two way game than Laine. The one concern is it's really hard to project how well a player's defensive awareness translates to the NHL since it's such a different beast. With Laine it's pretty clear you're getting a stud who will produce offensively. I think you're getting that with Matthews too, though.

Either way, clearly based on their overall track records Matthews is the guy you take 1st.
The believing brain at work.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope the Leafs draft Matthews and the Jets draft Laine and Matthews just busts harder than Cockboss

imBask

Banned
Thats why I cant fuckin stand Rush. Gimme all instrumentals and Im in. Geddy Lee's vocals ruin everything.

Schuey really triggered me, but you just put me into a super saiyan state of triggering

motherfucker Rush is the greatest band in the world and Geddy Lee is great i'll fight u irl

Thats why I cant fuckin stand Rush. Gimme all instrumentals and Im in. Geddy Lee's vocals ruin everything.

You can go straight to hell Marvie

GO STRAIGHT TO HELL.

Geddy Lee is an amazing singer

As someone who has a Dad that absolutely loves Rush and played it every time we went somewhere I can't say I hate Rush. They might be one of the greatest bands of all time.

Top Bottom