• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Wow, that London game, probably the best hockey game I've seen all year. So damn intense, all fucking game long. What a comeback by London, but both teams just left it all out on the ice tonight.

Samyy

At what point does Ujiri start taking heat for not getting rid of Casey earlier? Seriously such a shit coach, each offensive possession is the most garbage thing I've ever seen.

Quick

Banned
Raptors pls.

giphy.gif

Yawnier

Banned
At what point does Ujiri start taking heat for not getting rid of Casey earlier? Seriously such a shit coach, each offensive possession is the most garbage thing I've ever seen.

Masai and Casey are in a foxhole together

Kind of like how Bergevin and Therrien are

Derozan definitely needs to be let go

Masai and Casey are in a foxhole together

Kind of like how Bergevin and Therrien are

Oh my god

You are right holy fucking shit how did I not see this sooner. But I feel Casey is smarter than Therrien. Casey doesn't have favourites like Therrien with DD he just runs with Lowry and Derozan and the team lives and dies by Lowry and Derozan

imBask

Banned
Yeah but Subban hung out with Snoop and organized a charity event with him instead of spending the summer training with his teammates, no rispekt

Cake Boss

Banned
TSN 690 talking about Boucher and the SNES more than TSN 1200.

Lol this weiner talking about offer sheeting Hoffbae, yeah mike would love to go from getting coached by his favorite junior coach to being coached by another Cameron which is Thierrien.

I cant remember if Ive askeed this here yet:

Has anyone else seen this auto manufacturer ad that basically says hockey doesn't 'need' skilled players? It's been running on TSN during the WCs.

TSN 690 talking about Boucher and the SNES more than TSN 1200.

Lol this weiner talking about offer sheeting Hoffbae, yeah mike would love to go from getting coached by his favorite junior coach to being coached by another Cameron which is Thierrien.

I had some fun reading the Habs forum on HFB and seeing the meltdowns that we hired Boucher and they're stuck with Therrien.

TSN1200 is so piss poor in their coverage, Mendes is the only good thing about them. Although I don't live in Ottawa anymore so I can't listen as easily.

Hoff says he wants to stay long term so hopefully Dorion gets it done. At least he won't be used as a 4th line scrub here like he was with Craperon.

Okposo would be a great pickup for Montreal. I really don't who is available as an UFA in July

Edit Oh and the Habs and Bruins will play a preseason game at the Centre Videotron in Quebec City

NHL loves teasing Quebec City don't they?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This guy wrote a super in-depth article on if Stamkos fits the leafs salary cap wise over the next several years or not, it's worth a read leafs-gaf

i find the biggest issue to be next year

then all the shit on our team starts to disappear

i expect one of bozak or michalek to be traded with retention.... maybe both. Michalek doesn't want to be here... and Bozak would be competing with Laich if Stamkos comes in and i don't want two $4 million centers available for our 4 hole lol

i expect one of bozak or michalek to be traded with retention.... maybe both. Michalek doesn't want to be here... and Bozak would be competing with Laich if Stamkos comes in and i don't want two $4 million centers available for our 4 hole lol

Would the Leafs trade JVR?

imBask

Banned

I could name you about 16 Leafs NHL roster players that you could dump to make space for Stamkos

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I could name you about 16 Leafs NHL roster players that you could dump to make space for Stamkos

only ones are: Laich, Bozak, Michalek, Komarov, Greening, Hunwick, Bernier, Lupul, Robidas, Cowen

don't think the Leafs are looking to trade Komarov, Laich or Greening (greening especially played very strongly) Though Laich kinda likes being here... assume if he goes it's at deadline

they're buying out cowen

rest basically needs blackmail or retention to get rid of

Also... I do believe there's a slight chance they trade JVR... but only in his last year and that's if they don't come to a rough dollar agreement (he's gonna be so expensive)

Yawnier

Banned

I don't even know if you get anything for trading Michalek, that guy is on his last legs at the NHL level

I think you can trade Bozak for a bag of pucks though, his production this year in the 50-60 games he played was actually good.

What happens with JVR in two years, and with Gardiner in three years is a bit of a question mark as well.

Would the Leafs trade JVR?

I doubt he'll be a leaf in two years

He's a UFA in 2018 and he'll probably want a $6M-$6.5M deal with term.

Didn't All Bran needed to drop to his knees with his mouth open to convince him.

Basically

"Milan I can get rid of several crappy contracts I've done over the years to Toronto in exchange for one steaming pile of turd contract and I need yours to make the $$$ work for Eugene. Please say yes, I need to show I know what I am doing and stay on as GM next year so I can hire my brother and set up a foxhole like they have in Montreal"

(Yes MM was one of his bad ones as well)

Top Bottom