• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

iLLmAtlc

Just fired up uncharted 4 and I'm kinda glad to see a linear game again.

Also have they hidden the treasures expertly in chapter 1 or are there none? Despite looking I have found 0 so far.

KingBroly

Banned
I think we should trade Backstrom. He's not a Playoff producer, and he simply doesn't score goals like he should to maximize Ovechkin's output.

There. I said it.

Solo

Lol stamcok to habs? Bargain Bin Bergevin will probably just sign Backes and be done with it.

This is so disgusting that I believe our worst-GM-in-the-league will do it. Yes, adding another 50-55 point defensive centre will solve all our problems.

Hey Quick - how's this for some commie bathroom etiquette?

Yesterday I was using a bathroom at a Tim Hortons when an old man came in the bathroom, saw I was using the urinal and that the stall was also in use. So he's standing behind me while I finish up and all of the sudden I hear "ziiiiiiiiiiip". Not cool, man.

I don't know of a more alarming sound to hear in that moment.

Yesterday I was using a bathroom at a Tim Hortons when an old man came in the bathroom, saw I was using the urinal and that the stall was also in use. So he's standing behind me while I finish up and all of the sudden I hear "ziiiiiiiiiiip". Not cool, man.

This was more or less the start to an episode of a SVU-esque TV show I saw waiting for a flight home in a Cuban airport.

LevelNth

Banned
Finally saw the Johnson hit this morning. It's baffling that it is still going to take a major star in either the A or the N getting nailed like this for Bettman and his idiot entourage to do anything about these cheap shots.

Two strike system: elbow to the head? Auto 25 games. Second elbow infraction? Indefinite suspension from professional hockey.

Let's stop acting like these players don't know exactly what they're doing.

large.gif

Hey man where'd did you go

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw Civil War.

So so good

Really enjoyed it but
the big fight in the middle was, oddly enough, the weakest part of it, or at least would have been if Spider-Man wasn't so well done. Just didn't like how the whole movie paused for that, and they all awkwardly show up for it.

Really enjoyed it

Yeah they kind of set up the whole movie for
that big fight at the airport

Spidey and T'Challa are the highlights imo. Weakest part of the movie for me was
Zemo. No big confrontation or anything, he just set up the whole conflict and then tries to blow his brains out at the end.
Although it's certainly original.

The movie didn't disappoint one bit but I wasn't blown away as I was expecting it to be good. The Winter Soldier blew me away as I thought it'd be an 'ok' movie like the First Avenger.

Funny how expectations work.

Silexx

Spidey and T'Challa are the highlights imo. Weakest part of the movie for me was
Zemo. No big confrontation or anything, he just set up the whole conflict and then tries to blow his brains out at the end.

The movie didn't disappoint one bit but I wasn't blown away as I was expecting it to be good. The Winter Soldier blew me away as I thought it'd be an 'ok' movie like the First Avenger.

About Zemo:
I think the way they settled his arc basically provides a setup for the Thunderbolts.

imBask

Banned
Washington has bad luck.

Luck has nothing to do with losing an elimination game where your opponent got 4 delay of game penalties

if anything they were lucky to get the chance to comeback in the game because of that stupid rule, and couldn't finish the job

They just suck.

Did it make you complete the urinal transaction faster than normal?

If so, Gramps is a hustler.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah Panther was awesome, his introduction and that chase was the highlight action scene for me.
Agreed on Zemo, especially after his first scene.

TSN 690 breakfast ball washing the SNES this morning. Fucking weird as hell.

Yeah that's the weirdest thing out of the Boucher hiring for sure.

I'm not going to appoint him as a savior but Boucher is saying all the right things and he sounds smarter than all our past head coaches. I'm glad Dorion isn't coming off like Bryan Murray Jr.

Only sad part is he said don't expect many roster changes(if any at all). Murray boxed him in on the roster pretty good. Although if he resigns our key RFAs that's a big accomplishment as is.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah that's the weirdest thing out of the Boucher hiring for sure.

I'm not going to appoint him as a savior but Boucher is saying all the right things and he sounds smarter than all our past head coaches. I'm glad Dorion isn't coming off like Bryan Murray Jr.

Only sad part is he said don't expect many roster changes(if any at all). Murray boxed him in on the roster pretty good. Although if he resigns our key RFAs that's a big accomplishment as is.

Oh really? I must have missed this.

I kind of expect some depth signings to shore the bottom roster in each forwards and defenseman. They talked about wanting a veteran #5 dman, can see then going after Grant Clitsome, I remember he almost signed here. For forwards I wouldn't mind Darren Helm, Trevor Lewis or best option is Jamie Mcginn.

imBask

Banned
I honestly don't know if we need Price anymore. I hate the idea of seeing him go, but i'm already thinking about how much money he'll be asking for 2 years from now. All of the "best" goalies are out of the playoffs, I feel like teams don't depend on great goaltending anymore, GOOD goaltending is good enough... Crawford, Rask, Fleury, Howard and to a certain extent Quick (who's better than all of them I think)

if Henrik makes 8.5, Carey will ask for 9-10. I just don't know anymore, our backups/prospects aren't good enough

I honestly don't know if we need Price anymore. I hate the idea of seeing him go, but i'm already thinking about how much money he'll be asking for 2 years from now. All of the "best" goalies are out of the playoffs, I feel like teams don't depend on great goaltending anymore, GOOD goaltending is good enough... Crawford, Rask, Fleury, Howard and to a certain extent Quick (who's better than all of them I think)

if Henrik makes 8.5, Carey will ask for 9-10. I just don't know anymore, our backups/prospects aren't good enough

Why stop there: Is PK actually worth 9 schmil?

But within the context of that team. Price is very clearly the only reason why the Habs haven't been a Leafsesque embarrassment for the past few years. Remove him and there's no reason to pay mega-bucks for Subban. Better to move him during his prime years when his salary isn't seen as a dead-weight.

Top Bottom