• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
But within the context of that team. Price is very clearly the only reason why the Habs haven't been a Leafsesque embarrassment for the past few years. Remove him and there's no reason to pay mega-bucks for Subban. Better to move him during his prime years when his salary isn't seen as a dead-weight.

I kinda disagree though. If Crawford was our goalie instead of Condon, and IF our captain gave a shit, and IF Therrien wasn't there, we wouldn't be having this discussion... our team is way better than the Leafs and have been for the past couple of years, not just because of Price, and if you disagree you're straight up delusional. We're not elite, but we're not that level of trash

I think Subban is worth the money, a 30 min #1 offensive dman seems more important than goalies these days

Seeing Boninos thriving with the Pens make me salty as a Canucks fan.

He's a playoff performer. Has had some puck luck, but he always seems to be there when it matters.

I think Ducks fans might be saltier. They could've given up someone else besides Bonino in the Kesler trade (like DSP or Etem) though they're happy about giving us Sbisa instead of Fowler, Lindholm, or Vatanen. A couple goals from Bonino against the Preds could've won them that series.

Plus he's currently playing with Hagelin and Kessel.

yes. it's not his fault that Karlsson is criminally underpaid.

He signed that contract right before he won his first Norris and he's been trending upward since. I believe he went easy on Melnyk's pocket book too (only took $1M signing bonus IIRC)

He's gonna make a killing on his next contract.

iLLmAtlc

Meh I don't feel too salty about bonino. He was only here for 1 year and he's getting opportunities in Pittsburgh he would not have here (playing with kessel and hagelin on 3rd line), which is partially why he's excelling imo.

Tho I still remember he was a great 5 on 5 producer that year and I was excited to see his 2nd season with nucks. Oh well.

Stasis

I've got a hot date today guys. Wish me luck

Good luck man! Post updates (pics) and have fun making out on a lawn if possible.

I honestly don't know if we need Price anymore. I hate the idea of seeing him go, but i'm already thinking about how much money he'll be asking for 2 years from now. All of the "best" goalies are out of the playoffs, I feel like teams don't depend on great goaltending anymore, GOOD goaltending is good enough... Crawford, Rask, Fleury, Howard and to a certain extent Quick (who's better than all of them I think)

if Henrik makes 8.5, Carey will ask for 9-10. I just don't know anymore, our backups/prospects aren't good enough

Not gonna lie, much as I love Hank and all he's done for the Rangers, that giant ass contract at his age is kinda worrisome. With our window closing/shut for a while, it's just going to be a huge hindrance. We owe him, sure, but it'd be grand if one of our prospects could step in and we could get rid of that sooner than like 7 years or whatever.

I'd probably still want Price as a Habs fan, but I can really understand the worry about the contract he will get.

I honestly don't know if we need Price anymore. I hate the idea of seeing him go, but i'm already thinking about how much money he'll be asking for 2 years from now. All of the "best" goalies are out of the playoffs, I feel like teams don't depend on great goaltending anymore, GOOD goaltending is good enough... Crawford, Rask, Fleury, Howard and to a certain extent Quick (who's better than all of them I think)

if Henrik makes 8.5, Carey will ask for 9-10. I just don't know anymore, our backups/prospects aren't good enough

Imbask please.

dawg don't you see the writing on the wall? if we end up giving Price 10M, we won't have the money to build a team around him, leading to years of "we're alright but can't make it to the cup"

AKA Rags

do you want to be the Rangers?

No. But i think we will be better off than the Rangers.

iLLmAtlc

You guys see the news about Vey's dad goijg on trial for conspiring to murder Vey's mom? This is the first time I've ever heard this and just wondering if I missed it or something.

imBask

Banned
i'm fine.I̶͙̭̝͚͈̣̝ ̷͚̠̱͓͕͎̞j̥u̧̯s̭͇̻̱͓̕t͈̩̜ ̡̟̦͉̙̺̜ne̕ͅe҉d̯͕̤̰ ̴͕̠̳̬̭s͓̬͖͝o͙̟̤͜m̟͔͚̼̖̰e ̙͝s̜l͓̞̠eé̪͖p̛ TR̤͘A͏͎͎̮͇D̛̘Ẹ̶͖̰ ͕̘̹͚̩̥̩P͇Ṛ̶̙̺̻I̝͈C̺͉̲͖̤ͅE͔̲̮͇͚̞ͅ ̙͚͇̞Ḁ͚̬̮͍͟ͅṈ̛D҉̖͍ ̞͎͈͈̗͢ͅS͔U̢̩̥B͍̖̫̥̤̳ͅBA̢̤̠͎̥̝N̠̱̲͇̻̕

i'm fine.I̶͙̭̝͚͈̣̝ ̷͚̠̱͓͕͎̞j̥u̧̯s̭͇̻̱͓̕t͈̩̜ ̡̟̦͉̙̺̜ne̕ͅe҉d̯͕̤̰ ̴͕̠̳̬̭s͓̬͖͝o͙̟̤͜m̟͔͚̼̖̰e ̙͝s̜l͓̞̠eé̪͖p̛ TR̤͘A͏͎͎̮͇D̛̘Ẹ̶͖̰ ͕̘̹͚̩̥̩P͇Ṛ̶̙̺̻I̝͈C̺͉̲͖̤ͅE͔̲̮͇͚̞ͅ ̙͚͇̞Ḁ͚̬̮͍͟ͅṈ̛D҉̖͍ ̞͎͈͈̗͢ͅS͔U̢̩̥B͍̖̫̥̤̳ͅBA̢̤̠͎̥̝N̠̱̲͇̻̕

Imbask.exe has stopped working. Would you like to restart the Program?

Yes.

Yawnier

Banned
Nylander isn't that good

hey i'm back
h0LjtCP.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why stop there: Is PK actually worth 9 schmil?

But within the context of that team. Price is very clearly the only reason why the Habs haven't been a Leafsesque embarrassment for the past few years. Remove him and there's no reason to pay mega-bucks for Subban. Better to move him during his prime years when his salary isn't seen as a dead-weight.
:lol :lol :lol

You guys should stick to your Marlies analysis

Red_Man

Subban is a top 2 defenceman in the league, and this teams struggles have a lot more to do with Therrien's inept ability to think critically and coach than it does Price carrying them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why stop there, Brendan Gallagher is only good for goaltender interference penalties, without that money we're paying him we could afford more nice guys like David Desharnais.

Red_Man

Gaf dying for everyone else?

Why stop there, Brendan Gallagher is only good for goaltender interference penalties, without that money we're paying him we could afford more nice guys like David Desharnais.
Trade AGally too, 30 goal centers are common nowadays.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
CIV6 ANNOUNCEMENT & TRAILER

SOUNDTRACK IS JOHN MURPHY'S SUNSHINE - ADAGIO IN D MINOR

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY

and yeah gaf just came back from the dead for me

wR5lQ1x.jpg

DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

651.gif

Gallager for a 5th and a bag of pucks

What if he is a good guy Red. What then?

Will that shatter your reality around you and make you go insane?

I'm okay with Gallagher and Marchand being friends but the moment they put on their separate jerseys in the regular season. Chirp away.

Top Bottom