• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh shit speaks like a guy that hated his GM when he moved up to draft him. And only picked him because he's 'big'.

Kinda funny cuz he's having a pretty good playoffs even though he was injured most of the season.

So Johnny Hockey visited his old High School and said this during the assembly

Sam Carchidi – Verified account ‏@BroadStBull

At Glou. Cath assembly, Gaudreau says he hopes to play a lot of seasons in Calgary, but would love to play for Flyers at end of his career.

Gaudreau as a Flyer? I can see that.

imBask

Banned
I cringe every time you mention heart in your posts. Reads like a shitty dan cherry post.

i'm going to pin it on cultural differences, I THINK "coeur" is used to define intensity and will a lot more in french than it is in english, maybe?

whatever, it's still what babby needs and he'll be a star I tell you, turn him into a good canadian bwoi

zroid

Banned
Dan Kelly was suspended for 10 games

which is great except for the fact Dan Kelly is fucking useless goon and Johnson is a legit prospect

Meanwhile, Blandisi, an actually impactful player, didn't get even one game for boarding and concussing Percy

Yawnier

Banned
He could have the same level of anonymity playing for Arizona.
Ruthless

Dan Kelly was suspended for 10 games

which is great except for the fact Dan Kelly is fucking useless goon and Johnson is a legit prospect

Meanwhile, Blandisi, an actually impactful player, didn't get even one game for boarding and concussing Percy
Fucking AHL is useless. At least Kelly got 10 games for that hit on Johnson. There should be no tolerance for that shit in what is basically a developmental league.

Quick

Banned
Apparently there's a rumour going around that Michalek might bolt to Europe?

would be great if true

If he bolts to Europe, I guess the Leafs aren't on the hook for his contract. This would be neat.

So, how does it work if he decides to come back to the NHL? Does his rights remain with the Leafs, or is his deal considered over?

I know Kovalchuk might have to return to the Devils if he decides to return because he's considered retired by the NHL.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if the team's plan was to send the series to game 7 so more people would tune in and watch Ruff's bitches do what they do best, then I guess we can call that experiment a success.

Honestly, I feel embarrassed, and I don't think there's anything to celebrate, maybe that they made it to the playoffs? Even though that's already pathetic enough. The only reason the team made it to the 2nd round is because, well, we played against a team that had no business being in the playoffs.

And the worst part? That I think this shit was a fluke, the team is so unstable (and our division so damn demanding) that unless Nill makes some really significant changes, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make the playoffs next year.

Well, I spent some at the hospital, that's why I missed it

They gotta do something about the goalie situation, it's clearly a major dumpster fire that needs to be address. But knowing this team, they'll most keep keep both Lehtonen and Niemi =/

Also, welcome back.

I'm surprised Dallas even got to Game 7, but then again they won the Central so they can't be that bad.

Benn is entering his contract year. He's getting $10M for sure.

Sharp is 34 and has one more year at $5.9M. Hemsky has one more year at $4M. Moen, Fiddler, and Eaves are UFA's and are all over 30.

Goligoski, Russell, and Demers are UFA's. I can't see all of them staying, so I bet Demers goes. At least Klingberg is making $4.25M per.

Two more years of Lehtonen and Niemi. Both 32, making a total of $10.4M per.

I think they buyout Hemsky and dump one of their goalies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A
Apparently there's a rumour going around that Michalek might bolt to Europe?

would be great if true

Fuck

If he bolts, he counts towards summers camp still i think.

Gonna be rough trying to sign stamkos with $10 mil in dead cap

Though if we can manage to do it, an extra space is good for the leafs and he has the hardest to move contract...

zroid

Banned
woooow http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html

735iq7q.png

I watched the 3 German documentaries on Russian doping and yeah looks like it's even worse.

It's like East Germany all over again. Government runs an entire system to dope its athletes and covers up results so they can win the most medals and show the world how glorious their country and communism is.

It's disgusting. Theyre currently banned from competition and it needs to stay that way

Pikma

Banned
I'm surprised Dallas even got to Game 7, but then again they won the Central so they can't be that bad.

Benn is entering his contract year. He's getting $10M for sure.

Sharp is 34 and has one more year at $5.9M. Hemsky has one more year at $4M. Moen, Fiddler, and Eaves are UFA's and are all over 30.

Goligoski, Russell, and Demers are UFA's. I can't see all of them staying, so I bet Demers goes. At least Klingberg is making $4.25M per.

Two more years of Lehtonen and Niemi. Both 32, making a total of $10.4M per.

I think they buyout Hemsky and dump one of their goalies.
Daddy is not that bad, Goligoski is the one who has to leave, I think Fiddler stays, and Eaves definitely has to stay, that motherfucker scored a lot of really important goals this season, he definitely earned my respect.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is Uncharted 4 worth getting/playing if I've never played any of the other ones?

Should I try getting the other ones first or did they age badly/just play 3?

Yawnier

Banned
Is Uncharted 4 worth getting/playing if I've never played any of the other ones?

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of last gen, it's a must play and better than 1 and 3.

Only the first Uncharted has aged a bit rough but it's also (almost) 10 years old by this point too.

Uncharted Collection on PS4 is prob the way to go

Smiley90

Ahhhh the yearly pro life abortion rally.These fuckers were given access to Albert st, no buses can go through now.

we had those on campus

hated those fucks, posting up massive posters with miscarriages posed as "late-term abortions" to shock people, fucking disgusting

Quick

Banned

Helps with better connecting with the characters and general references, since UC4 plays on a bit of nostalgia for the PS3 games.

Ultimately, I wouldn't worry about picking up UC1-3 if you don't really feel like it.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhhh yesss motherfucking ffx-x2 PC remake.

Didn't get a chance to play the HD remake cuz my pstriple broke around that time and don't have a ps4.

Yawnier

Banned
Ahhhh yesss motherfucking ffx-x2 PC remake.

Didn't get a chance to play the HD remake cuz my pstriple broke around that time and don't have a ps4.

It's one of the better remasters out there

They updated the character/face models and some of the new tracks were better than the original tracks imo.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I haven't played 4 but I'm assuming that playing the first 3 will help with understanding the characters. Other than that, I don't think so. The games aren't connected by story.

2 > 1 > 3

Smiley90

I haven't played 4 but I'm assuming that playing the first 3 will help with understanding the characters. Other than that, I don't think so. The games aren't connected by story.

2 > 1 > 3

the games aren't connected by story? alright then, that's great news

I'll see if I can find Uncharted 2 for cheap, otherwise might just get 4. Thought they were the same story.

I still need to get Rise of the Tomb Raider, too. ugh.

Chris R

2 > 1 > 3

This is the correct ordering. I wouldn't say that playing is required, but maybe see if you can track down a 15 minute video recap of each game or something to catch up the stories and characters.

My copy of 4 doesn't arrive until tomorrow :(

Top Bottom