• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I never had luck with any girls from Toronto. I only dated one from Mississauga, and the rest are girls from other countries. Though it's odd to hear you say you have less luck with dating sites here since everyone swears by it.

It might just be a bad time. The pool just seems so shallow right now.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
It'd be nice if scoring increased again...and not just for ~2-4 seasons like after the 2004-2005 lockout.

Given we have had just 1 50 goal scorer since the the 2012-2013 lockout, Ovechkin, (who had 50 flat and just 21 assists this year), let's take a trip down memory lane:

Alexander Mogilny 76 goals in 1992/1993

Teemu Selanne 76 goals in 1992/1993

And now:

One of only 2 60+ goal seasons since Lemieux and Jagr in 1995-1996:

Alex Ovechkin ● All 65 Goals ● Regular Season 2007/2008

Ovechkin had the most goals ever by a left-winger in a single season. The previous record was held by Luc Robitaille who had 63 in... you guessed it, 1992-1993). That Oveckin was able to do that in today's game is his most remarkable achievement imo and was only possible when he was younger, faster, ignored defence, and teams played less defensively. It's phenomenal that he can still hit 50 though and has done it every year since the lockout shortened 2012-2013 season.

Stamkos had 60 in 2011-2012 too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I've had shit luck with online dating, and I've tried a couple of times.

Most I've done is chat for a few days, but no one's interested in meeting in person.

It sucks for me because I have a near 100% meet rate when I can actually talk to someone... I guess a lot of people are really attracted to someone who can talk for days, is articulate and has a good personality.

But I can't do shit if nobody is talking lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When did dating sites become such a big joke?

Nowadays nobody ever wants to talk to each other.

I remember a good 10 years ago having dates lined up for every day of the week if I so chose. Now it's just pure shit. I've been able to get 2 in a month. Nobody reads profiles, nobody responds to messages.... even when you do send elaborate messages to people to show off that you actually READ their profile, are creative and not someone who just says hello.

I guess it's mainly the Toronto dating scene in a nutshell but holy shit it's infuriating.

Maybe the last 10 years have treated you as well as they've treated the Leafs?

Quick

Banned
Gonna pick up NBA 2K16 later, which is currently on sale for $40. I need something to play that doesn't require too much time after I run through Uncharted 4.

I had it from when it came out, but I really hated what they've done to My Career, and lost interest in it. I'll just go through dynasty mode or something.

Cake Boss

Banned
Kinda wanna trade my xboner in for piss4. I'll wait till e3 when they announce the 4k model and maybe a price cut for the original.

Line_HTX

I'll sell you my sister quick.

image.php

What's your address, SIN, and bank information? I'm just curious.

I knew Don Cherry was a scammer just to buy more of those suits.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Heh. I didn't really say anything of substance

- join employment programs that provide leads, put on workshops to improve resumes etc. Nova Scotia must have stuff available to you. Look into this and follow up
- informational interviews. These are hard to do but it's the best way to network if you don't know a lot of people. People always prefer to hire people they've already met

DAMMIT SOC TAKE THE COMPLIMENT!!!

I'LL FLY OVER THERE AND MAKE YOU!

Socreges

Banned
nah it's ok. I just look up random posts you've made and paste them to continue the conversation.

I dunno why it works, but it does. Guess they make people sedate.
Why not just use chloroform like you usually do

DAMMIT SOC TAKE THE COMPLIMENT!!!

I'LL FLY OVER THERE AND MAKE YOU!
Cool, busy right now but next week works we can watch basketball go cavs

Litter boxes are less than 10 bucks
For some reason this really got me

iLLmAtlc

book recommendations

thanks a lot. i quite enjoyed the instigator about gary bettman so i might give the theo fleury book a read next.

the born to run book is right up my alley, i'm definitely adding that to the list. i like the social sciences stuff.

i'm down for more suggestions if you got 'em. i'm open to anything.

these days i'm reading on american history, especially some of the conspiracy/secret stuff. just finished reading about hoover's FBI domestic surveillance and area 51.

trying to start devil in the white city and a book about alexander hamilton and aaron burr, but neither is really grabbing me atm.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
thanks a lot. i quite enjoyed the instigator about gary bettman so i might give the theo fleury book a read next.

the born to run book is right up my alley, i'm definitely adding that to the list. i like the social sciences stuff.

these days i'm reading on american history, especially some of the conspiracy/secret stuff. just finished reading about hoover's FBI domestic surveillance and area 51.

trying to start devil in the white city and a book about alexander hamilton and aaron burr, but neither is really grabbing me atm.

Also try The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

ShaneB

Not really no. Few people know what they want to study after high school.

I went to college right after high school and went to work part-time as well. Ended up dropping out and becoming disillusioned.

Years I went back and completed my degree online while working fulltime.

Couldn't be happier now.

I'll be 34 later this month and still feel lost with what the heck I'm suppose to do with my life. Have a decent and stable (maybe?) job, but wake up most mornings wishing I was living a completely different life doing something else. Hardly care one bit about anything throughout the work day, so just feels meaningless.

Definitely wish I spent time when I was younger figuring things out instead of goofing off. Not always easy to find a career path one enjoys.

=/

Bill Bryson gets a lot of love in reading threads, maybe you could check out a couple of his books. 'One Summer: America, 1927', (which I want read myself sometime soon) 'A Short History of Nearly Everything', etc etc. If I ever get out of my reading funk I'm going to start reading his memoir 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid'

Can recommend a few different sport books if you'd like.

iLLmAtlc

Also try The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

I think I tried both books by Greene and gave up both times. I might have to come back to this one because I really enjoyed Einstein's popular exposition of relativity and popular physics books in general.

Bill Bryson gets a lot of love in reading threads, maybe you could check out a couple of his books. 'One Summer: America, 1927', (which I want read myself sometime soon) 'A Short History of Nearly Everything', etc etc. If I ever get out of my reading funk I'm going to start reading his memoir 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid'

Can recommend a few different sport books if you'd like.

A short history of nearly everything sounds like something I'm looking for. I'll add it to the list, thanks a bunch.

I try to keep the sports reading to a minimum because I feel like I spend too much time following them already lol. But I still enjoyed the ones I read like moneyball and blind side, as well as the instigator as I mentioned earlier. So if you've got some good ones I'm definitely open to them.

Razorskin

----- ------
When did dating sites become such a big joke?

Nowadays nobody ever wants to talk to each other.

I remember a good 10 years ago having dates lined up for every day of the week if I so chose. Now it's just pure shit. I've been able to get 2 in a month. Nobody reads profiles, nobody responds to messages.... even when you do send elaborate messages to people to show off that you actually READ their profile, are creative and not someone who just says hello.

I guess it's mainly the Toronto dating scene in a nutshell but holy shit it's infuriating.

Just workout like Quick did:
https://youtu.be/-qRNnN9M7cc

Top Bottom