• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Job interview tomorrow.

The interviewer is a huge Leafs/Raptors/Jays/ anything Toronto fan.

This will end poorly.

Talk about how good the London Knights are, and what a great player Matthews will be. Technically you wouldn't be complimenting the Leafs that way.

zroid

Banned
I'm so jelly the Marlies games are on tv. Would have loved to watch Utica last year
Every playoff game is on TV but ironically I can only watch the away games, lol. The away games are on Leafs TV and the home games are on Rogers TV Toronto, which is not available in the 'burbs. :(

there's always a stream tho

Samyy

Every playoff game is on TV but ironically I can only watch the away games, lol. The away games are on Leafs TV and the home games are on Rogers TV Toronto, which is not available in the 'burbs. :(

there's always a stream tho

We get Rogers TV Toronto in Mississauga
The superior suburb!

Brinbe

C1XqOvM.jpg

What a fucking game. 3rd period was crazy and that goal by Kapanen was insane. Get fucked, Devils.

Erdrick

I should preface my previous post by saying that I already work for this company and have for nearly 10 years, but I'm applying for a much higher position. Long story short, my boss of 9 years finally snapped in March and was on stress leave until last week when he resigned. I'm going to go for his position. I never asked for it, but in his absence, I've been doing about 60% of his job as it was. It was a quick crash course, but I can handle most of it now. The other 40% I would have to learn, but that's good, since stagnation breeds bad vibes at work. People need to be challenged in their careers or they (and others around them) suffer. If I get this, I'd just move back into a different office (which was mine some 3 years ago anyway hah)

Just smile and nod.
DzHMc2p.gif

I will, most honourably, I might add.

Bygones is bygones. All the best tomorrow! Hope you ace it.

Thanks! I should... But I always go in with low expectations just in case. Much like I do for hockey seasons, believe it or not.

Talk about how good the London Knights are, and what a great player Matthews will be. Technically you wouldn't be complimenting the Leafs that way.

Oh man... before the draft, my GM was insufferable. After the draft? 100 times worse. When the Leafs resigned Kadri (They did, right? I don't pay attention to them, to be honest.) I'm pretty sure he had to have his office cleaned. Now he's pretty much got a spot behind his desk reserved for a huge pic of Matthews as he is supposed to lead them to the promised land. (I wish I was making this up.)

Tell them you know me.

That will end badly. Don't do that.

Good luck.

Can I borrow one of Don Quick's suits for tomorrow? A blue one might seal the deal. Or just wrap myself up in a Maple Leafs jersey or flag.

Sorry for being a dick to you guys most of the time.

also:

Thank you.

Quick

Banned
Bruh...Uncharted 4 is fucking awesome. I wish I could completely stealth an entire group of enemies though. I end up having to shoot someone right at the end lol.

I finally had the chance to listen to Views, too. It's alright. Lyrics range from stupid to pretty clever, but the beats are what saves it for me. Good for mindlessly playing in my car.

Can I borrow one of Don Quick's suits for tomorrow? A blue one might seal the deal. Or just wrap myself up in a Maple Leafs jersey or flag.

also:

Thank you.

tumblr_n8pjbcLnPA1scti8go5_500.gif

Curufinwe

Bruh...Uncharted 4 is fucking awesome. I wish I could completely stealth an entire group of enemies though. I end up having to shoot someone right at the end lol.

I managed to do that on Chapter 8 on the side of the cliff before you go in a cave, with the last kill being a massive jump and punch. I don't save many gameplay videos, but I kept that one.

calder

I managed to do that on Chapter 8 on the side of the cliff before you go in a cave, with the last kill being a massive jump and punch. I don't save many gameplay videos, but I kept that one.

I would often replay sections if my stealth streak failed. Just so satisfying to get the last guy and see Nate stand up straight, holster his gun, look around and say "I think that's the last one."

The one downside is I didn't get any of the weapon trophies on my playthrough. Stealth killed a significant minority of the enemies I downed. I also was a bit disappointed how there are so many cool new guns in the second half of the game but I'd rarely get to actually use them, simply because I was such a fucking ninja.

Just a fantastic game.

Curufinwe

I'm only up to chapter 12. But I want to finish the campaign before the Memorial Cup starts cause I want to watch all the Brandon and Royun-Noranda games for Provorov and Myers.

calder

also:

Thank you.

Man, Erdrick and Leafs-GAF reconciling is something I never thought I'd see. The off-season is truly a magical time of healing and reflection, let this be a lesson to us all that all wounds can be healed and all divisions mended.

Except with the Oilers, fuck those guys.

good luck on the job fam!

Quick

Banned
Man, Erdrick and Leafs-GAF reconciling is something I never thought I'd see. The off-season is truly a magical time of healing and reflection, let this be a lesson to us all that all wounds can be healed and all divisions mended.

Except with the Oilers, fuck those guys.

good luck on the job fam!

pRBHWaV.gif

Top Bottom