• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Meesh

Hoping the Pens pull ahead of Tampa, that's all I got to look forward to being trapped in Fort Mac with all the fires.... They don't know if we're gonna have to evacuate again till tomorrow.... I can't believe I even came back up here wtf!

zroid

Banned
rat7nsbt.gif

Rat gonna rat

he took a roughing minor for that btw

imBask

Banned
why are you guys watching this, what's the point of having a world cup during the NHL playoffs, I still don't get why they keep doing that shit

John Dunbar

correct about everything
why are you guys watching this, what's the point of having a world cup during the NHL playoffs, I still don't get why they keep doing that shit

because if they waited until after the play-offs you would have to drag a ton of players from their vacations. and not all countries have their play-offs at the same time.

imBask

Banned
because if they waited until after the play-offs you would have to drag a ton of players from their vacations. and not all countries have their play-offs at the same time.

then don't do it at all, or align it with the end of NHL playoffs. What if the FIFA World Cup started before the EPL was done and half the team missed their best assets? makes no sense to me

Cam
Fucking
Talbot

is Canada's goalie

cmon

Curufinwe

The World Cup of soccer is on a different league to the World Champs of hockey. The World Cup is only played every four years.

And the NHL players who just played 100+ games over the past eight months would probably not attend anyway. They have to rest at some point.

then don't do it at all, or align it with the end of NHL playoffs. What if the FIFA World Cup started before the EPL was done and half the team missed their best assets? makes no sense to me

Cam
Fucking
Talbot

is Canada's goalie

cmon

There is world outside of north america too. World championships are popular in Europe where most people don't follow NHL.

Curufinwe

I think the Finnish fans are thoroughly enjoying watching this Canadian team.

Three straight penalties in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period, lol.

and wouldn't these people want to see the best players in the world for once instead of getting US and Canada's C-team?

I mean sure. Olympics and World Cup are even bigger events but World Championships have huge audience too. National teams are the thing in Europe (and the reason why Europeans player generally go to this tournament more easily than North American players after NHL season). Also IIHF prints money with this tournament so that is also huge reaosn why no-one wants to change this yearly format.

imBask

Banned
Also IIHF prints money with this tournament so that is also huge reaosn why no-one wants to change this yearly format.

does it really? Yurop is weird

anyway all of that to say : I question the legitimacy of that tournament and I don't feel well represented by Brad Marchand and Cam Talbot

Socreges

Banned
and wouldn't these people want to see the best players in the world for once instead of getting US and Canada's C-team?
Eh, stop being obtuse. They can wait for the Olympics. Or the World Cup in September.

The World Championships are an IIHF thing, a largely European thing. They're not going to get the NHL to move their schedule around to prioritize the tournament and any other time would get even fewer participants. It works fine as it is. Many of the powerhouses are gimped by the ongoing NHL but still put together the best teams with excellent players.

Somebody on Reddit said Nylander has been playing with mono. They had no source to back it up and it's probably bullshit but it got me thinking, is that even possible? Mono is pretty contagious so I doubt they would let him be around his teammates if he had it.

Supposedly people sitting near the Marlies bench claim he definitely looks pale and unwell so I dunno.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
rat7nsbt.gif

Rat gonna rat

he took a roughing minor for that btw

He only does that to "soft" players (unfortunately it's physically impossible for him to do it to himself however), but one of these days one of them is going to snap. In the meantime they'll take the easy power play. Marchand is not smart.

Guys have been looking to end the rat's career for years.

Curufinwe

Somebody on Reddit said Nylander has been playing with mono. They had no source to back it up and it's probably bullshit but it got me thinking, is that even possible? Mono is pretty contagious so I doubt they would let him be around his teammates if he had it.

It's commonly spread by kissing, so they should be OK unless the celebrations get really intense. Plus most of the team probably already had it once, and getting it twice is very rare.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Supposedly people sitting near the Marlies bench claim he definitely looks pale and unwell so I dunno.

Chris Higgins gets mono at least once a year so it's totally possible

Hey how come none of you yahoos ever talk about how great brown gravy is.

First time I think I've ever had brown gravy last night. It was delicious.

Isn't that a Canadian/British thing?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

You've never had brown gravy? How is this possible? What do you do with the pan drippings from roast beef?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Brown gravy as in...regular ass gravy? Like the type you would use at Thanksgiving?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

What other colour can Gravy be? I've only ever had brown gravy, what are you crazy person even talking about?

calder

My wife was familiar with 'brown' gravy (aka, god's own gravy) when she moved here but she said it wasn't something you'd see in restaurants or anything so she was surprised that it is basically all that's available. In the south at least, it's all about country (white) gravy I guess.

I assume it's just institutionalized racism in action, because brown gravy is absolutely superior.

Quick

Banned
My wife was familiar with 'brown' gravy (aka, god's own gravy) when she moved here but she said it wasn't something you'd see in restaurants or anything so she was surprised that it is basically all that's available. In the south at least, it's all about country (white) gravy I guess.

I assume it's just institutionalized racism in action, because brown gravy is absolutely superior.

Cream/country/sausage gravy is fairly new to me, and I've only ever had it in the US. I don't think I've been to any restaurants in Toronto that have it available. It's pretty damn good.

Edit: I just looked through Denny's menu, and they have it. lol

You've never had brown gravy? How is this possible? What do you do with the pan drippings from roast beef?

Never had brown gravy until last night. Pan drippings from roast beef? Dude, we make tacos and shit with avocados in SoCal. No one's out roasting beef.

Brown gravy as in...regular ass gravy? Like the type you would use at Thanksgiving?

No. We used turkey gravy at Thanksgiving. And white gravy when having biscuits and gravy. This brown gravy stuff is different. For reference, we made this to go with a British pot pie type recipe. Had to order it from Amazon since the local supermarket didn't carry it.

knorr-B000I2OOQG-1-s.jpg

How the hell have you never had brown gravy before

Fuck I don't know. That's why I was asking. It was good.

Right. I've had about 3 thousand types of salsa, a few hundred recipes of guacamole, but I'd never heard of brown gravy before this recipe.

WAIT. Is this the type of gravy that's supposed to go on poutine?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
What other colour can Gravy be? I've only ever had brown gravy, what are you crazy person even talking about?
Well, for me brown gravy is made with beef. Chicken gravy is different; it's a much lighter colour.

Edit: you don't eat roast beef in California. Seriously?

Top Bottom