• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Edit: you don't eat roast beef in California. Seriously?

I can't speak for the entire state, but the only time I've seen or eaten roast beef lately it's been as a sandwich component. Like, you don't see "ROAST BEEF" on menus or anything here. Can't get away from kale salads, sushi and fish tacos but I don't recall ever seeing roast beef.

And sure, I've had mashed potatoes and gravy, but the gravy never tasted like the brown gravy. I'm down with it now though.

Roast Beef is great. In fact I'm cooking that right now. With some Nice Montreal Steak sauce

What makes Montreal Steak Sauce different than like A1?

Yes.

I hope you didn't previously try poutine with some other type of gravy.

Well, I don't think what I had that was called "poutine" was actually really poutine then. That wasn't the gravy I had. But now I'm interested. Best poutine in Montreal or Vancouver? Somewhere else? I'm assuming if Toronto has poutine it'll be shit. I gotta go somewhere and have real poutine now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, I don't think what I had that was called "poutine" was actually really poutine. Now I'm interested. Best poutine in Montreal or Vancouver? Somewhere else? I'm assuming if Toronto has poutine it'll be shit.

Montreal for sure. Plenty places there. Get it with pulled pork or so. Vancouver isn't big on poutine - we have places but it's definitely a Quebec thing.

calder

WAIT. Is this the type of gravy that's supposed to go on poutine?

Well, yeah!

I had some poutine for lunch from the food truck out front (Poutine King, I think it is). I ordered the "original poutine" and got exactly this:

PoutineKing7_FoodTruckTuesday_1020-620x350.jpg

Frankly, it was kinda mediocre. I think tomorrow I'll just get a smokie from Awesome Dog again. Here's hoping Portage gets more food trucks, no reason for them to all be on Broadway!

zroid

Banned
How is it that a top 3 pick and another top 10 pick were traded away to playoff teams? Must be some pretty incompetent front offices in the NBA. lol

Syrinx

How is it that a top 3 pick and another top 10 pick were traded away to playoff teams? Must be some pretty incompetent front offices in the NBA. lol

Nets traded their first this year as well as other picks for an old ass Paul Pierce an others.

Y'all talking about poutine in here? I fucking love poutine. Not really any good poutine where I live but I ate a shitload when I lived in Vancouver for a year.

Sports highlights shows keep talking about Crosby scoring last night as if it was a great goal. He got lucky on a bad play by the goaltender.

I like making Homemade Poutine. Delicious.

The Worst Poutine I ever had was at a Restaurant in PEI. Shit was nasty. Fries weren't cooked, something tasted werid about the cheese curds.

Quick

Banned
oh my god.

actually on a related note, I wanna try the popcorn chicken poutine at KFC.

*Your mileage may vary

Some McDonald's locations are stingy on the gravy.

McDonald's actually had the buffalo chicken poutine from before - it was actually pretty good (all things considered). Too bad it was a time limited item.

we getting them frito tacos at taco bell now apparently

So, it's basically Fritos chips as the tortilla? Could be bueno.

Top Bottom