• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Foggy

I completely agree. Still salty about the trade tbh.

That being said, I think everyone in the league has genuine concerns about his longevity. Is it fair? I doubt it. Seems to be built on preconceived notions about his fitness or work ethic.

I think if they had held onto him for another year and he played well, his value might have increased enough to not have to retain salary, but the return otherwise probably wouldn't be much different. He'll just be another year older, and people will think that's one less productive year before the contract looks like an albatross.

True, I'm curious what the return would've been like if they held onto him up until the trade deadline. Hard to say, maybe they saw the writing on the wall for a timid trade deadline day.

Yawnier

Banned
We didn't need Kessel to put a dent into our tank this year and waste the rest of his prime years on a shitty to mediocre team. He is already like 28 or 29 years old.

One time on his podcast Stevey Dangle said that Kessel is gonna get Rick Vaive'd in terms of his legacy/tenure with the leafs and I completely agree with that comparison

I'm not completely sure what to make of Kapanen yet... He is extremely raw, plays a very European type of game that works well on the bigger ice where there is more space. Dude is clutch though, like scoring that goal in game 7 against the Devils and scoring the gold medal goal for Finland.

Finished Uncharted 4.

GOD DAMN. What a way to finish it all up.

I imagine there was grunting of one guy and then grunting from the other guy? I'm stuck on chapter 10. I boot it up, it's instantly boring. Like Blue Jackets vs Carolina boring. Haven't heard this much man on man grunting since... well let's not get into that.

imBask

Banned
look now that we agree that Kapanen is hot garbage, what about that Reway kid though? 5'9" of pure stud, guy is already a legend

It's great that Phil is having a good post-season. I'd love to see him win the cup. Same with Reimer and even Polak.

But I think there's that 'recency bias' (there's that phrase again) at work here. Kessel's last 2 regular seasons: 61 points with the Leafs, 59 with the Penguins. Let's say the Leafs didn't trade him and he put up around 59-61 points again - which certainly seems a reasonable guess given how mindnumbingly shitty the Leafs' offence was this year. At that point he's a year older and the concerns about his work ethic and conditioning are still there. There's probably far less of a chance that the Leafs only eat 1.2m of his contract. Getting 2 prospects and a late 1st rounder probably doesn't happen either.

look now that we agree that Kapanen is hot garbage, what about that Reway kid though? 5'9" of pure stud, guy is already a legend

He's 5'10

Reway might make the team. Emphasis on might but Lehkonen might be a better option

Lets Talk Projected Lines Habs GAF

1st:
Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher.

I'm Confident that this will be the line moving forward, Galchenyuk looked great at the end of the year.

2nd
Carr/UFA Plekanec Andrighetto/ UFA(?)

Our 2nd Line desperately needs work.Pleks needs some good linemates. I can see us going after Okposo or a Perron for a winger.

3rd
Lehkonen(??)/DD/Carr Eller/Big Mac/DD /Danault/Andrighetto
I think for the 3rd line to work this year, i'm guessing some trades will need to be made. There's too many guys, either DD or Eller has to go. Davey Desharnais is a good 3rd Center, Eller is a good 3rd line Center, someone has to go.

4th
Lessio Mitchell Byron
I'm not sure if i want Flynn back at 4th line, maybe send him down to St John's. Byron was a nice Surprise and probably will Replace Weise now.

Now for the Defence

1st
Subban Markov
This is our line probably until Markov Retires or gets traded

2nd
Petry Beaulieu
Beaulieu had a good season but i was expecting more from him. Petry was solid until he got injured.

3rd

Barberio Emelin/ Pateryn

I believe Gilbert will not be renewed for next season. Maybe we sign a 3rd line D man or let Barberio or Pateryn play in that spot.

Goalies

Price

It's Carey Price! With Dad Strength, Look out NHL.

Condon
What a Tough rookie season that you've had to hold down the fort for one of the best goalies in the world injured. Condo had a good rookie season. He did his best and his Winter Classic Performance was fantastic.

Condon will be a Very Good Starter or a Very Good Backup for another team someday.

UFA's That Montreal should take a look at.

McGinn: He looked pretty good for the Ducks during the Regular and Postseason. I don't know much about him though.

Okposo: Personally i would love if we took a look at getting Okposo, he would be a great addition

Perron: This one is a maybe. Same statement with McGinn,

Stamkos: This one is a Pipe Dream, and a long shot. We all know he;s going to Toronto.....OR IS HE? (Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge)

Eriksson: Maybe Montreal would be interested but i have a feeling he will be asking a lot.

Lucic(?????) This one is just a what if. I don't think Montreal will ever be interested in Milan. He takes the Stupidest Penalties, He's all yours Canucks.

E.Staal(???????) Eric Staal, Remember all these Rumors that Montreal was interested in him? The Rangers got him and he looked out of place in New York. That's my worry if Montreal is Interested in him, i don't think he would fit in the lineup we have. I think he will go somewhere else or Return to Carolina.

Is elbow-gate trending yet?

It was also an attack on women.

NDP MP Niki Ashton said she was deeply troubled by Trudeau's actions.

"I am ashamed to be a witness to the person who holds the highest position in our country do such an act. I want to say that for all of us who witnessed this, this was deeply traumatic. What I will say, if we apply a gendered lens, it is very important that young women in this space feel safe to come here and work here," she said.

"He made us feel unsafe and we're deeply troubled by the conduct of the prime minister of this country."

imBask

Banned
UFA's That Montreal should take a look at.

McGinn: He looked pretty good for the Ducks during the Regular and Postseason. I don't know much about him though.

Okposo: Personally i would love if we took a look at getting Okposo, he would be a great addition

Perron: This one is a maybe. Same statement with McGinn,

Stamkos: This one is a Pipe Dream, and a long shot. We all know he;s going to Toronto.....OR IS HE? (Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge)

Eriksson: Maybe Montreal would be interested but i have a feeling he will be asking a lot.

Lucic(?????) This one is just a what if. I don't think Montreal will ever be interested in Milan. He takes the Stupidest Penalties, He's all yours Canucks.

E.Staal(???????) Eric Staal, Remember all these Rumors that Montreal was interested in him? The Rangers got him and he looked out of place in New York. That's my worry if Montreal is Interested in him, i don't think he would fit in the lineup we have. I think he will go somewhere else or Return to Carolina.

The lines are boring but they're what they are

as for the UFAs :
McGinn - we have plenty of those

Okposo... I don't know what to think. It depends on the price, he's probably going to sign for like 7M somewhere but i'm afraid playing with Tavares skewed his stats a bit. I think he's alright but he's going to get a stupid contract and I'd much rather spend that money elsewhere

Perron - Fuck. No.

Stamkos - Confirmed in Montreal

other 3 are no-no's unless Staal accepts a cheap deal

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why would we get E Staal? He looked washed up in NY and we already have too many centers.

The only UFA I see Bergevin really pushing for is Okposo, otherwise find a winger through a trade.

And I would bet a large amount of cash Reway doesn't make it out of camp, it's pretty likely he never plays any meaningful games for the Habs period.

imBask

Banned
I want Okposo, but I don't want a 55 points Okposo at 7M+

if i'm his agent, I start every phrase with "yeah but Plekanec..."

Pikma

Banned
What Creeper's line up needs is more NICHUSHKIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

just give us someone who doesn't look like he learned to skate just yesterday and it'll be a win for us.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They probably win that trade, unless we magically turn Nichuskin around which isn't happening

We win on cap space alone, Emelin is in contention for worst defenseman in the league.

Oops I mean Emelin is great, he was Team Russia's player of the game!

it really does.

I love racing games but they don't hold me for too long

I like the DiRT games and that's about it. Rally is really cool, plus it has thelocal Pikes Peak Hill climb. Forza and Gran Turismo haven't excited me in a while. I loved GT4, 5 was a supreme disappointment.

calder

Scheifele adds an assist, good day for the Jets over in Russia and yes I'm counting Laine too.

We need to steal Mark Stone somehow. He's not *super* popular right? No one would miss him in Ottawa?

imBask

Banned
PLEASE BERGEVIN

DONT LET THE BLACKHAWKS SIGN HIM GOD DAMN IT LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO PANARIN

Panicking and signing him ASAP just because Panarin turned out to be good sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Therrien will berry him so far down the roster whoever could pull him out would be crowned King Arthur

Foggy

Ever since #toiletgate Creeper hasn't been the same.

y8jQrpD.jpg

Look at those cold, dead eyes

Top Bottom