• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Razorskin

----- ------
August 13.

Jon Toews has relatives (I think aunt/uncle?) that live like a block away from where we are having it, and they're really good friend with my fiancee's grandparents (we are having it at their place) and apparently he shows up from time to time. Neal Broten has a place on the same island, as does Dustin Byfuglien's parents.

Holding out hope any of the three are there that weekend and stop by.
Holding out hope you'll be able to tell Toews how overrated he is?

Cake Boss

Banned
So we got our self a homophobic, transphobic douchebag telling us what he thinks about hockey. Nicccceee

Does Hockey have the shittiest analysts in the media or what?

Growing up, I paid close attention in history class. And I’ve always felt a very deep sense of patriotism. I’ve always felt great respect for my country and believed that if, God forbid, we ever faced World War III, America would once again triumph.

Perhaps my fear, and the anxiety of so many others, is that we were wrong.

We were wrong because of one simple line that I believe may have been written wrong. It should have read, “One Nation, Divisible After All.”

Have we ever faced a time when our country was so polarized? Have we ever faced enemies so dangerous? Have we ever been on such a precipice that a frightening and painful energy radiated through each of us, tying us together in some disturbing, unifying, powerful and yet simultaneously divisive way?

:lol Clearly not.

Just saw this pop up on fb as well.

Craig Button. What a scrub.

Nylander

AOM0J.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Overrated as a hockey player, yes.

As a person he seems ok I guess. How many people can say they had an NHL player at their wedding?
I've only run into Sergei Berezin, Wade Belak, and Steve Thomas in person. Fuck Steve Thomas. Belak was cool. Berezin had these two gorgeous Russian women with him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Marner line shredding Red Deer lolol

Marner with 3 points so far lolololol

edit: what a fucking crazy pass by marner

I just watched Kingsman and had no idea of what the movie was about. Nothing could've prepared me for this

Lol

How about that church scene though? I saw people walking out of the movie when that scene came on.

Speaking of which has anyone here walked out on a movie? I walked out of the Rebooted Fantastic Four movie because it was so boring and maybe one of the worst experiences I had watching a film.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lol

How about that church scene though? I saw people walking out of the movie when that scene came on.

Speaking of which has anyone here walked out on a movie? I walked out of the Rebooted Fantastic Four movie because it was so boring and maybe one of the worst experiences I had watching a film.

I liked kingsman, didn't expect it to be so fun.

I've never walked out on a movie but I came closest with Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

Once they were swinging through the jungle with monkeys I was ready to go.

imBask

Banned
Lol

man that scene. That whole movie was really, really good. I'm so tired of all this artsy fartsy bullshit right now, I just want dumb movies with guns and muscles and Arnold and spies... how do you call it... fun?

also I walked out of the 2003 Eric Bana classic The Hulk

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Kingsman is ridiculously fun. I loved it. I can't wait for the sequel.

I've never walked out of a movie but I was as bored as fuck with Fifty Shades of Grey. I never would have seen it but my best friend dragged me to it. She even paid because I was flat out refusing to go. It's the only movie I've ever taken my phone out, though to be fair the theatre was nearly empty and I dimmed the phone and was using it in my purse. The funniest thing was my friend was doing the exact same thing.

I'm pretty picky about movies I see in the theatre.

Lol

The church scene was the best though. Only scene I've actually went back and watched again after it happened.

Top Bottom