• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

How about Ovechkin coming up short in the WC's again.

Talbot carried the team.

Weber has no NMC in his contract. I bet they leave him unprotected. Keep Josi, Ekholm, Ellis.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Weber has no NMC in his contract. I bet they leave him unprotected. Keep Josi, Ekholm, Ellis.

Very few objections here. Aside from his strength on the PP, he's really overrated; him gooning it up in the playoffs and being a big part of the Game 7 shitshow vs San Jose doesn't help either. Easily the most expendable of the Preds top 4 right now.

Would an expansion team have to take his ridiculous contract, though? Do the Preds still suffer some kind of cap hit? I don't know how all of that works.

Curufinwe

Very few objections here. Aside from his strength on the PP, he's really overrated; him gooning it up in the playoffs and being a big part of the Game 7 shitshow vs San Jose doesn't help either. Easily the most expendable of the Preds top 4 right now.

Would an expansion team have to take his ridiculous contract, though? Do the Preds still suffer some kind of cap hit? I don't know how all of that works.

Their contract goes with any player drafted in an expansion drafy, but if Weber retired early Nashville would be on the hook for recapture penalties.

Good job by Holmgren.

iLLmAtlc

Last time I looked I think weber was still top of the heap for shot suppression, which is pretty important for defence. His problem was generating shots and I think that's because he isn't good at making outlet passes or carrying the puck out.

But yeah I think he benefits from confirmation bias. He looks and plays a lot like an ideal Canadian kid defence, big, strong and hard shot.

I dunno if he'd be worth dumping in the expansion draft though, I bet if Nashville puts him on the market there will be no shortage of suitors. Nashville probably doesn't want to because they already paid out those obscene front loaded salaries and still believe he's a top D, of course.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I built my first computer today. I've done car repair work that had me less nervous than turning on the computer for the first time.

s.

Yup, one little mistake can fry a part or a bent pin. I work on them and I'm used to it by now, but man, the first few times is a bit intimidating. Especially when it's your own scratch.

Top Bottom