• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
TRADESSSSS$$$$$$$$

98b1e25a39cc42afa1c17d95217a9abf.png

zroid

Banned
I don't really know much about Gudbranson but based on a chart I just saw he seems to be kind of a defensive liability

TUSR

Banned
mccann 19 years old puts up 18 points in 69 games on a bottom 3 team

gudbranson 5 seasons 13 point high

what the hell is benning doing good lord

Tabris

That 2nd is almost as good as a 1st.

Gudbranson was 3rd overall in an amazing draft year. He drafted ahead of Ryan Johansen, Jeff Skinner, Vladimir Tarasenko, etc?

Is he a bust or was just poorly managed?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't own a car. I generally only take trains, ubers, or taxis where uber is not available.

I'm in Tokyo right now and I use the subway every day, it's amazing. I didn't use the skytrain much in Vancouver as I rarely left downtown and would just walk everywhere, but whenever I did I loved using it.
The hell happened to Thailand and Dubai...?

RC

Banned
Another step in the wrong direction.

Could someone tell Benning that all these wrongs don't make a right?

Socreges

Banned
The accelerated rebuild continues.

Gudbranson will be a UFA in a year, too. Which means Benning will probably sign him to a 6-yr extension before he puts on the jersey.

Shame the Canucks org isn't willing to commit to being terrible for the short term. So instead we'll be terrible for the long term.

Fwiw I remember seeing some whispers online that benning was concerned about mccan'a attitude
I can see that.

I look at that Vancouver trade and just think.... why? They aren't exactly in the position to be unloading picks and/or prospects and here they do both in exchange for a player who adds what exactly to their team?

Dear sweet lord baby Jesus, sautéed and glazed.... There are some 🔥🔥🔥🔥 takes right now on Panthers Twitter. Fuckin radioactive

Socreges

Banned
I look at that Vancouver trade and just think.... why? They aren't exactly in the position to be unloading picks and/or prospects and here they do both in exchange for a player who adds what exactly to their team?
Because ownership feels like they can do a fast rebuild and make the team competitive again while the Sedins are still around.

Jared McCann ended up disappointing after 6 goals to start the season, but he's skilled and could end up as a top6. Then there's that 2nd rounder which will be the 35th (?) pick. Gudbranson is a low risk player, a 2nd pairing guy that can eat minutes and defends well but will never help your team offensively.

It's such a hurried, poor way of building a team. Ownership needs to fucking let go. This is just death by a thousand cuts.

Top Bottom