• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

What does NHLGAF think is the best Tragically Hip song? I've been listen to a lot on Spotify.

It's either 50 Mission Cap, My Music at Work or Bobcaygeon for me

zroid

Banned
Lmao, that 2018 4th is actually gonna turn into a 3rd. There is the comp pick for hiring Lou I guess.
And in 2018 Leafs will finish ahead of the Shorks in the standings so it will be a better pick. :^)

...and to whomever is quoting this post in April 2018 because I was wrong: I regret nothing

calder

Bad tourney for the Wheaties, but in such a short event against other great teams it's always a possibility.

They'll be back soon, they usually are.

Hmm that reminds me I never did find a Wheat Kimgs cap, I wish I had one.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just checked the news and OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK SOMEBODY TAKE BENNING'S PHONE AWAY BEFORE IT'S TOO LA-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yawnier

Banned
What does NHLGAF think is the best Tragically Hip song? I've been listen to a lot on Spotify.

It's either 50 Mission Cap, My Music at Work or Bobcaygeon for me

Erugh that is hard to say. I liked their first 3 or 4 albums a lot. Maybe Boots or Hearts?

I'm glad I saw them last year where they played the entire set from Fully Completely. That was pretty good.

And in 2018 Leafs will finish ahead of the Shorks in the standings so it will be a better pick. :^)

...and to whomever is quoting this post in April 2018 because I was wrong: I regret nothing

Damn that's a bold one.

The Sharks making the final means that the 2017 pick the Leafs got from them turns from a 4th to a 3rd right? Or do they have to win it all?

EDIT: seems my query was answered above.

Cake Boss

Banned
Funny you should say that:

Translation: Chris Philips should be expected to announce his retirement tomorrow.

giphy.gif

YOU SONS OF CUNTS WE DID IT!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

HAppy retirement you bitch ass.

lWBfKgk.gif

Holiday

Banned
Hello offseason. Blues should get rid of Hitchcock, let Backes, Brower, Ott, and Upshall go. Move Fabbri to center and fleece Edmonton for a center.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol Todd McClellan, could have been coaching Stanley cup final team, but he is coaching an AHL team.

Not say they would have gotten there with him in first place. Always seemed too emotional and that doesn't work well in playoffs, hence their meltdown and failures.

Lol like they would trade McDonagh, that's the same as Bergevin saying he's not planning on moving Subban, but has to listen to all offers.

Brassard for Plekanec? I'm not even going to post the creeper posting gif.

What would you offer for Brassard? Because I would love to have this guy on our team or Stepan

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Report: Rangers will listen to offers on almost everyone, won't buy out Girardi

http://www.thescore.com/news/1033390

One Plekanec for Brassard please

That list of untouchables is slightly smaller than I would have expected, but not by much. Kreider, for example, is even more valuable to the team than usual right now because he's the only guy on the team fluent in Russian, which will be key for helping Buchnevich transition. I expect most of them to be back next year, though. Just doing due diligence and realizing that one way or another we need to move some salaries around.

I expect at least one significant trade on draft day, and a few more over the course of the offseason and leading into free agency. I'd also put Rick Nash being moved at about 50%.

As for Girardi, a buyout would be profoundly stupid, so I'm not surprised to hear that. Sure, you would get some decent savings in the next year or two if you buy him out, but then you get severely fucked. This is what happens to Girardi's cap hit if you buy him out in this offseason:

16-17: $1.75 million
17-18: $2.75 million
18-19: $3.75 million
19-20: $3.75 million
20-21: $1.25 million
21-22: $1.25 million
22-23: $1.25 million
23-24: $1.25 million

There are no negative numbers that Girardi could possibly post that would justify having carrying nearly $4m in dead cap space in 2 years or, for that matter, carrying a $1.25m cap hit in TWO THOUSAND TWENTY FOUR.

Quick

Banned
Finished episode 1 of Life is Strange.

....YOOOOOOOOOO this game is pretty damn good. I was a huge fan of Telltale's The Walking Dead game, and this is either on par or slightly better in terms of experience.

Might have to replay episode 1 to get all of the optional photo Trophies. Seems easy enough to get.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What would you offer for Brassard? Because I would love to have this guy on our team or Stepan
We don't need a Brassard. Plekanec is just an older version of him. We need offensive punch, not more two way guys, not to mention the premium price that would come with trading with one of our primary divisional rivals.

Alright before I go to bed it's time to microwave this take:

Gudbranson was 3rd overall and Tallon's first pick as GM of FLA. He is a bust, not a "playing in Europe" kind of bust but he will never live up to the draft hype. That said he a solid dude who was loved as person and a good shutdown with a physical edge. He was likely destiny as a 3rd pairing dude and would force out some of the promising LHD in the system.

Most surprising is he's a dude who had future captain written all over him and someone who was loved in the locker room and by management. I still am legitimately shocked this happened.

McCann looks good from the vids I've been watching and it sounds like he could slot into the 3rd line as a winger. Worries me though is that Campbell looks like he will go to FA so we do need at least one more Dman. We need and I'm nervous that may see Bjugstad as expendable.

Amazingly we got pick 33 in this only 10 picks back of our 1st rounder.

....YOOOOOOOOOO this game is pretty damn good. I was a huge fan of Telltale's The Walking Dead game, and this is either on par or slightly better in terms of experience.

Might have to replay episode 1 to get all of the optional photo Trophies. Seems easy enough to get.

The best part is you can replay scenes directly to grab the photo and it even tells you how many you got in each scene!

WELCOME TO THE
VORTEX
CLUB HOMEBOY! Prepare to have your emotions put on a goddamn rollercoaster.

Pikma

Banned

I'm so fucking jealous, I wish I could experience it for the first time again.

Enjoy<3

Alright before I go to bed it's time to microwave this take:

Gudbranson was 3rd overall and Tallon's first pick as GM of FLA. He is a bust, not a "playing in Europe" kind of bust but he will never live up to the draft hype. That said he a solid dude who was loved as person and a good shutdown with a physical edge. He was likely destiny as a 3rd pairing dude and would force out some of the promising LHD in the system.

Most surprising is he's a dude who had future captain written all over him and someone who was loved in the locker room and by management. I still am legitimately shocked this happened.

McCann looks good from the vids I've been watching and it sounds like he could slot into the 3rd line as a winger. Worries me though is that Campbell looks like he will go to FA so we do need at least one more Dman. We need and I'm nervous that may see Bjugstad as expendable.

Amazingly we got pick 33 in this only 10 picks back of our 1st rounder.

Need a defender and Bjugstad is possibly available, eh?

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for the Wild.

If Bryan Murray was still GM he'd have been all over Gudbranson. He's big and he's from Ottawa. Probably trade Chabot for him. Don't even wanna think about it lol.

We dodged a planet sized bullet by taking his phone away and sending him upstairs.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lmaoo surprise surprise Pierre Mcgweird likes the trade for Vancouver cuz he's a high character, gritty, towering dman with captain material!!

I wish this man gets the MTL gm job soon.

Red_Man

Anyone here still playing the Division? I haven't touched in since I hit 30, but I'm curious about the new update and if it's worth getting back into again.

Anyone here still playing the Division? I haven't touched in since I hit 30, but I'm curious about the new update and if it's worth getting back into again.

No, but I plan on returning to it eventually. The 40 or so hours of co-op I played of it were a lot of fun, but I found the Dark Zone end game stuff pretty boring.

Quick

Banned
Inspired by playing through Life Is Strange, I started up Broken Age on my Vita.

Cool concept, and I have no fucking clue what's going on. I have some idea and a theory of the background for it, but I'm still too early into the game to have anything concrete.

imBask

Banned
the Dark Zone was incredible during the beta... when the game came out, I spent a couple of hours in there and I have seen literally 0 rogue which made it irrelevant, I don't know what happened

Red_Man

No, but I plan on returning to it eventually. The 40 or so hours of co-op I played of it were a lot of fun, but I found the Dark Zone end game stuff pretty boring.

the Dark Zone was incredible during the beta... when the game came out, I spent a couple of hours in there and I have seen literally 0 rogue, which made it irrelevant, I don't know what happened
My issue as well, the concept was cool, but execution was pretty bad and boring. The raid type missions were a lot of fun but became tiresome pretty quickly, hoping this new update adds some evolving content.

Pikma

Banned
So I was helping a spanish girl I met the other day with an online english test for a job application and guess what word came up during the spelling check part?

O
P
U
L
E
N
C
E

zroid

Banned
So I was helping a spanish girl I met the other day with an online english test for a job application and guess what word came up during the spelling check part?

O
P
U
L
B
E
N
GHAZI
C
E

Red_Man

I love how all the dumbest writers in the MSM are saying this was a good trade for Vancouver

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The best part is you can replay scenes directly to grab the photo and it even tells you how many you got in each scene!

WELCOME TO THE
VORTEX
CLUB HOMEBOY! Prepare to have your emotions put on a goddamn rollercoaster.

I'm so fucking jealous, I wish I could experience it for the first time again.

Enjoy<3

Haha, would be fanatic to experience again. Love the end of the first two episodes and the music than accompanies them. I'm almost done my second playthrough.

Also have been playing the Wolf Among Us. Really enjoying that.

Top Bottom