• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
found this beauty in the replies to that Willie Mitchell tweet :lol :lol

488c9dc4e5c34f8cb95aef2c810b4615.png

You anyone caught up with GoT pm me spoilers.

I kinda don't care about it as a whole anymore but i am still kinda curious as to what happens. Martin has failed me by taking fucking forever on the books now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You anyone caught up with GoT pm me spoilers.

I kinda don't care about it as a whole anymore but i am still kinda curious as to what happens. Martin has failed me by taking fucking forever on the books now.

It's weird before the show came out. I loved the book and then got super hyped for the show. Now that it is popular and everyone knows about it, I care less.

It's weird before the show came out. I loved the book and then got super hyped for the show. Now that it is popular and everyone knows about it, I care less.

It's not the fact that it's popular it's the fact that I was so into the books and loved the show but I was hoping the books would be ahead of the show but nope... So I have just lost interest in investing time in either but I am still curious as to what happens.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It's not the fact that it's popular it's the fact that I was so into the books and loved the show but I was hoping the books would be ahead of the show but nope... So I have just lost interest in investing time in either but I am still curious as to what happens.

I'm still invested in the books and will read the next one whenever (if?) it comes out but I've lost all interest in the show.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Books will like need a decade to finish, which is pretty lame.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Penis

zroid

Banned
:lol

I wish I was... I love the first 4 but was disappointed with most of Dance. At least I have Brandon Sanderson now and I can always fall back on many authors that are surpassing Martin.

Books 3 and 4 tested my patience more than 5 tbh. >_< I enjoyed Dance.

Sanderson is awesome, I have to catch up with some of his newer stuff.

calder

found this beauty in the replies to that Willie Mitchell tweet :lol :lol

488c9dc4e5c34f8cb95aef2c810b4615.png

Bit of a tangent but to be fair to Mitchell it's not unusual, or incorrect, for an established player to not give a fuck about his team making a trade that's good "down the road". It's totally rational for him to focus only on losing a useful teammate now and not care about draft picks or younger guys.

I love how all the dumbest writers in the MSM are saying this was a good trade for Vancouver

Also, this. If the fossils on the Hockey Central panel are impressed with your trade then it's a huge warning sign you got fucked, because in general their impression of players is 3-4 years out of date.

Quick

Banned
The best part is you can replay scenes directly to grab the photo and it even tells you how many you got in each scene!

WELCOME TO THE
VORTEX
CLUB HOMEBOY! Prepare to have your emotions put on a goddamn rollercoaster.

I'm so fucking jealous, I wish I could experience it for the first time again.

Enjoy<3

I bet this is what it feels like to be part of the Vortex Club *goes back to reading chick-lit*

Episode 1 took me just about 3 hours to finish, and the game got me hooked in the moment Max stepped out of class to go to the bathroom right in the beginning. The use of licensed music is a nice touch.

I actually was dreading some of the NPC interactions when Max was outside, but they all proved to be entertaining anyway.

Haha, would be fanatic to experience again. Love the end of the first two episodes and the music than accompanies them. I'm almost done my second playthrough.

Also have been playing the Wolf Among Us. Really enjoying that.

Wolf Among us is great. First time playing? Now that's a game I wish I could experience for the first time - same with The Walking Dead Season 1.

Quick

Banned
Anyone here still playing the Division? I haven't touched in since I hit 30, but I'm curious about the new update and if it's worth getting back into again.

Haven't touched it since maybe the second week I picked it up. I went right back to NHL 16, then eventually Uncharted 4, now I'm on Uncharted Collection, Life is Strange, and NBA 2K16.

Division was actually pretty fun for a little bit, but it felt tedious after some time.

the Dark Zone was incredible during the beta... when the game came out, I spent a couple of hours in there and I have seen literally 0 rogue which made it irrelevant, I don't know what happened

I'm not even far enough into the game to get into the Dark Zone. Ah well.

zroid

Banned
Bit of a tangent but to be fair to Mitchell it's not unusual, or incorrect, for an established player to not give a fuck about his team making a trade that's good "down the road". It's totally rational for him to focus only on losing a useful teammate now and not care about draft picks or younger guys.

Yeah, and if Gudbranson was as good of a teammate / locker room guy as Dubbed suggests, it's totally understandable

Silexx

And here's a tidbit from an article written when Philips was drafted that maybe makes Cake Boss feel a little bad. ;)

Eight years ago, Phillips' mother, Carol, was partially paralyzed when a virus attacked her spinal cord. Two years later, his father, Garth, was rendered 90 percent blind, a victim of diabetes.

"Chris and Jennifer were just kids," Carol Phillips says. "They both had to grow up very quickly and take responsibility."

Responsibilities on the ice are a breeze when your parents are counting on you off it. Mom needs help with the housework, so Chris cooks and cleans. Dad had to quit his job as a truck driver."

After doing countless interviews, Chris Phillips quietly leaves Kiel Center in St. Louis after the draft, pushing his mother's wheelchair. His father follows with a hold on Chris' belt loop.

You never know what can happen," Phillips says. "It makes you think a little bit about what's really important in life. What happened to my parents isn't something I'd wish on anyone. But I think it helped make me a better person.""

Books 3 and 4 tested my patience more than 5 tbh. >_< I enjoyed Dance.

Sanderson is awesome, I have to catch up with some of his newer stuff.

Yep! I am looking forward to the 3rd Stormlight Archive book. First 2 were fantastic and the dude pumps out like 5 books a year

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm reading Dune right now, good stuff. Would like to read the Expanse novels next.

Also been reading the Familiar, which is 23 volume series by Mark Danielewski (House of Leaves). The production values of the books are amazing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wolf Among us is great. First time playing? Now that's a game I wish I could experience for the first time - same with The Walking Dead Season 1.

Yup, first play through. Really enjoying it. Never feel like I'm making good decisions though, lol. Makes me want to read the comics.

I'm reading Dune right now, good stuff. Would like to read the Expanse novels next.

Also been reading the Familiar, which is 23 volume series by Mark Danielewski (House of Leaves). The production values of the books are amazing.

Dune is great. I mainly read fantasy as well as like 18th and 19th century stuff. But you should read the Wheel of Time series if you haven't already. It's super long but well worth it imo

Merguson

Banned
Yup, first play through. Really enjoying it. Never feel like I'm making good decisions though, lol. Makes me want to read the comics.

I was tempted to read the comic too but there are like 150 issues. Which is fine if they are consistent in quality. Just don't feel like spending that much money.

imBask

Banned
huh, Vanek only has 1 year left on his contract, I thought they signed him for a long ass time with that stupid deal...

My initial reaction to the McCann trade was positive. The Canucks were getting a young, big, right-handed defenceman. McCann was redundant at centre (Henrik, Horvat, Sutter, Granlund, Vey, Dubois if he's available) so they filled a positional need (makes you think if the Shinkaruk trade was made with this one in mind). McCann had lots of potential but needed work. It also fit with Benning's plan of an "accelerated rebuild" by trading for younger but more established players.

But then I started hearing about Gudbranson being an analytics nightmare and comparisons to Schenn and Sbisa. Sure he's a good locker room guy, but so is Dorsett. And for a team that finished second-last in goals scored, trading a scorer for a shutdown guy seems counter intuitive. And that high second almost being a late first is a bit hard to swallow, but I don't think a straight-up trade would've worked.

I guess it's another "wait and see" trade.

the Dark Zone was incredible during the beta... when the game came out, I spent a couple of hours in there and I have seen literally 0 rogue which made it irrelevant, I don't know what happened

The problem with the Dark Zone now is that lots and lots of people cheesed the first incursion and ended up with every gear set fully complete in a very short period of time. Not only does that devalue the highest end gear for people who want to go through the struggle of acquiring it legitimately, If you end up in the lower end of the top gear score bracket and haven't done that then you're gonna get destroyed in the Dark Zone.

Socreges

Banned
My initial reaction to the McCann trade was positive. The Canucks were getting a young, big, right-handed defenceman. McCann was redundant at centre (Henrik, Horvat, Sutter, Granlund, Vey, Dubois if he's available) so they filled a positional need (makes you think if the Shinkaruk trade was made with this one in mind). McCann had lots of potential but needed work. It also fit with Benning's plan of an "accelerated rebuild" by trading for younger but more established players.

But then I started hearing about Gudbranson being an analytics nightmare and comparisons to Schenn and Sbisa. Sure he's a good locker room guy, but so is Dorsett. And for a team that finished second-last in goals scored, trading a scorer for a shutdown guy seems counter intuitive. And that high second almost being a late first is a bit hard to swallow, but I don't think a straight-up trade would've worked.

I guess it's another "wait and see" trade.
Add to that how Gudbranson is 24yo and likely doesn't have any untapped potential. We shouldn't expect him to improve his game.

Benning is all about size, grit and character, not analytics. It is known.

I just find that trade to be Bizarre on all fronts. Just like Benning's previous trades.

July 1st and the days leading up are going to be interesting

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd pay good money to see Bennings posts on this so called trade proposal site he has with other GMs, the trades can't be far off from Creepers.

Quick

Banned
I might just be on the verge of getting fired or replaced and relocated to a different area. I made a complaint about the person I've had to work with the past three weeks, and also managed to piss him off, and now I received an official warning email from my VP, this time with my boss and HR person also copied onto it. That pretty much means final warning.

Previously, my VP sent me a rules and conduct email, as I've detailed here before.

I've been spending my entire day applying to jobs. I'm angry and I know that I shouldn't let this job rattle me, but it's really done a number on me lately.

Can't wait to just play Life is Strange later.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finished episode 1 of Life is Strange.

....YOOOOOOOOOO this game is pretty damn good. I was a huge fan of Telltale's The Walking Dead game, and this is either on par or slightly better in terms of experience.

Might have to replay episode 1 to get all of the optional photo Trophies. Seems easy enough to get.

oh boy chapter 1 is HARMLESS

you're still being pulled up the rollercoaster bud. FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS FOR THIS FEELS TRIP

Top Bottom