• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Delryk

should have posted this here instead.....

look at that Marlies roster... sheeesh. play only the guys that are born in the 90s.. :)

Cf2eIX3WIAA6Yv2.jpg:large

Quick

Banned
Just sent an email to someone that one of the VPs of my company immediately responded to as "WRONG ANSWER. LET'S TALK" - all in caps. He's copied in the email to the person, along with my boss.

And he sent another email to the person I sent the email to, to basically sweep my response under the rug and with a last note saying "him and I will be talking."

Guess I'm fired then.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just sent an email to someone that one of the VPs of my company immediately responded to as "WRONG ANSWER. LET'S TALK" - all in caps. He's copied in the email to the person, along with my boss.

And he sent another email to the person I sent the email to, to basically sweep my response under the rug and with a last note saying "him and I will be talking."

Guess I'm fired then.

Wtf, hope not

Delryk

Guess I'm fired then.

damm... sounds like your boss isn't Molson....

Quick

Banned
Wtf, hope not

I sent this person an honest answer. I didn't know how else to respond to the person other than that.

There's a conflict of information regarding an issue on his end, and I gave him corrected info, which he complains about. I said I'd get back to him, but explicitly said that I can't make any guarantees yet. I got back to him with information he doesn't like, and he replied to me saying that it isn't fair to him because he told his clients his incorrect info. He didn't check with me first to make sure it's correct info to begin with.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I've been getting a lot of heat from management lately. If this is the breaking point, then it's just ridiculous.

Guess I'm fired then.

Sounds like a very professional place you work in :(

fuck the VP and reply all with "RIGHT ANSWER. LET'S NOT". If you're gonna go out over one honest response...go out blazing

yyzjohn

Banned
This is more or less what Lou said when he was hired. He said if Dubas doesn't succeed him it's mostly on him (Kyle)

I forgot about that. I wonder how many years Lou expects to stick around. He turns 74 in October, I can't imagine him still being GM approaching 80...

Quick said:
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I've been getting a lot of heat from management lately. If this is the breaking point, then it's just ridiculous.

That blows. I hope it all works out.

I myself have been getting some wildly inconsistent messaging over the past few months, it's been pretty painful and really discouraging.

Quick

Banned
Sounds like a very professional place you work in :(

fuck the VP and reply all with "RIGHT ANSWER. LET'S NOT". If you're gonna go out over one honest response...go out blazing

This VP is known to joke around, but also have a bit of a temper.

I'm not ready to burn this bridge down completely if they do let me go. I can at least scoop up a couple of references for when I look for work.

That blows. I hope it all works out.

I myself have been getting some wildly inconsistent messaging over the past few months, it's been pretty painful and really discouraging.

This VP specifically has been doing the same thing to me lately. I've been talking to him more than my boss lately.

Socreges

Banned
I sent this person an honest answer. I didn't know how else to respond to the person other than that.

There's a conflict of information regarding an issue on his end, and I gave him corrected info, which he complains about. I said I'd get back to him, but explicitly said that I can't make any guarantees yet. I got back to him with information he doesn't like, and he replied to me saying that it isn't fair to him because he told his clients his incorrect info. He didn't check with me first to make sure it's correct info to begin with.

Just be sure that, while defending yourself, you don't insinuate that to answer differently would be dishonest (ie, suggesting that your boss wants you to behave unethically). Otherwise he'll then get defensive and may respond poorly. Would he be receptive to this approach: you speak with confidence about what you did but ask him how you could communicate better with the client in the future?

Shitty situation. Could you get your client on the phone and clear the air? That it's unfortunate that someone gave him the wrong info, but you just wanted to ensure he now has it right?

Silexx

Pierre Dorion now saying that they may keep Colin White down next year, since "we have a tendency to rush our prospects." Looks like he's already trying to differentiate himself from Bryan Murray.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre Dorion now saying that they may keep Colin White down next year, since "we have a tendency to rush our prospects." Looks like he's already trying to differentiate himself from Bryan Murray.

Yes yes yes

Please don't turn White and Chabot into another Lazar and Ceci

"The one great thing is that we have Erik Karlsson" -Pierre Dorion

DOUBLE DOWN ON NORRRISSONN WOOO

Now trade Fat Babby this offsesson.

Quick

Banned
Just be sure that, while defending yourself, you don't insinuate that to answer differently would be dishonest (ie, suggesting that your boss wants you to behave unethically). Otherwise he'll then get defensive and may respond poorly. Would he be receptive to this approach: you speak with confidence about what you did but ask him how you could communicate better with the client in the future?

Shitty situation. Could you get your client on the phone and clear the air? That it's unfortunate that someone gave him the wrong info, but you just wanted to ensure he now has it right?

I'm not even touching this anymore. I'm letting them sort it all out themselves, since my response was dismissed anyway. Better to stay quiet now than to possibly dig deeper.

I've been glancing at my emails, and I haven't received any new emails since. lol

imBask

Banned
Yes yes yes

Please don't turn White and Chabot into another Lazar and Ceci

DOUBLE DOWN ON NORRRISSONN WOOO

Now trade Fat Babby this offsesson.

Meanwhile in Montreal, Subban is not for sale (unless the offer is good) and he's not available (unless you really want him), and Bergevin won't (will) listen to offers (any)

Socreges

Banned
I'm not even touching this anymore. I'm letting them sort it all out themselves, since my response was dismissed anyway. Better to stay quiet now than to possibly dig deeper.

I've been glancing at my emails, and I haven't received any new emails since. lol
Ah, what I meant was that would be your game plan if the LET'S TALK came to pass. Definitely let sleeping dogs lie for now, though it may fester if it's just left alone entirely.

zroid

Banned
Yay the Miitomo friend suggestions issue was finally fixed. It now prioritizes FB and Twitter over everyone else.

Quick

Banned
Ah, what I meant was that would be your game plan if the LET'S TALK came to pass. Definitely let sleeping dogs lie for now, though it may fester if it's just left alone entirely.

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm not about to accuse him of anything. That's pretty much the game plan if/when we talk.

I think it might just boil down to discussing ways to better communicate.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm not about to accuse him of anything. That's pretty much the game plan if/when we talk.

I think it might just boil down to discussing ways to better communicate.
I imagine if you didn't need that reference that you'd go all Don Quick on them. Hope it's just nothing though.

I spent the car drive yesterday listening to local radio. LOL

Habs management have nothing to say; still depending on goalies as a crutch without being able to solve the lack of goal scoring

same story, never change. 20 years of this.

Go Flyers Go

Quick

Banned
Yep. How many people in your company?

The people I deal with? About 6 or 7 within the company. Outside? 3 or 4 "big" people, and a bunch of others. The company overall? It seems small, but they're in charge of a lot developments in the city and have at least a handful of people in each one.

I imagine if you didn't need that reference that you'd go all Don Quick on them. Hope it's just nothing though.

I quickly erased it, but I wrote down "Next time, check with me and [company name] to confirm your information before sending it out to everyone like an idiot" a bunch of times on my draft.

Socreges

Banned
The people I deal with? About 6 or 7 within the company. Outside? 3 or 4 "big" people, and a bunch of others. The company overall? It seems small, but they're in charge of a lot developments in the city and have at least a handful of people in each one.
I can see why you deal with your VP so closely then. The organization is too small to have developed a proper way to escalate things, communicate appropriately, etc. Nevertheless it seems to me like your boss should get more involved.

This VP is known to joke around, but also have a bit of a temper.

I'm not ready to burn this bridge down completely if they do let me go. I can at least scoop up a couple of references for when I look for work.

This VP specifically has been doing the same thing to me lately. I've been talking to him more than my boss lately.

the fuck off response only for if you actually don't care. Realistically in the aim of self-preservation, there's no real need. I think you're doing the right thing in letting them sort it out and hopefully some clarification on how to approach these situations in the future.

Quick

Banned
I can see why you deal with your VP so closely then. The organization is too small to have developed a proper way to escalate things, communicate appropriately, etc. Nevertheless it seems to me like your boss should get more involved.

I'm beginning to see this more and more.

I have my frustrations with my job and every little interaction I have with my VP just elevates it further. I've been looking for a new job, though not quite as seriously as I should.

Cake Boss

Banned
God the TSN mobile websites are huge pieces of shit no matter which phone or browser I use. Just want to listen to some audio podcasts.

Socreges

Banned
I'm beginning to see this more and more.

I have my frustrations with my job and every little interaction I have with my VP just elevates it further. I've been looking for a new job, though not quite as seriously as I should.
West Victoria isnt too far from where I am. Send me your resume.

And it sounds like the VP is afraid to delegate/relinquish control. Not good.

Quick

Banned
West Victoria isnt too far from where I am. Send me your resume.

And it sounds like the VP is afraid to delegate/relinquish control. Not good.

There's a chance he might meet with me tomorrow with my boss. That'll be fun.

I'm gonna join Parch in Edmonton and inhale all that tire fire smoke and create a conspiracy about Ovechkin tanking in the playoffs to play for Mother Russia in the World Championships.

imBask

Banned
That's surprising considering the amount of tanking we've had this year, it's like 15 teams were tanking hard...

Top Bottom