• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

NHL 17 is supposed to as well

Edit: I stand corrected FIFA 17 is the only EA Sports game running on Frostbite for this year

Madden and NHL next year will have frostbite probably

I am curious to see how they implement it since the old engine for it was shit. But I thought the big thing about Frostbite was the destructability of the engine.

Pikma

Banned
Spanish exams fucking suck ass, everything's worded so damn weirdly and it's just so hard to comprehend, not even a spanish dictionary could save me from getting rekt

zroid

Banned
121b2757123748378e9769793ef1946a.png

Cakes :(

Quick

Banned
Wait shit, I read it wrong.

YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICE.

POMPIDOU THO

When I saw the option in episode 3 (I think) to throw the bone either at the lot or on the street, I knew exactly what the bad choice was - lol come on son.

Wut?

Does this mean NHL 17 for PC??

LONG TIME COMING. Seriously. I used to play NHL 2002 and 2004 on PC all the time before getting a PS2 and moving on to the consoles.

It sucks that EA didn't think it was worth porting NHL 07 onward to PC, but I wonder what the demand really is like for the PC version.

POMPIDOU THO

When I saw the option in episode 3 (I think) to throw the bone either at the lot or on the street, I knew exactly what the bad choice was - lol come on son.

LONG TIME COMING. Seriously. I used to play NHL 2002 and 2004 on PC all the time before getting a PS2 and moving on to the consoles.

DUDE!! NHL 2002 was my favorite hockey game of all time for quite some time. I got so much replay value from that game.

Syrinx

Ten takeaways from the NHL scouting combine - Custance:

SMH at Lamoriello being creepy to my boy Patrik. Keep that weird old man staring limited to Matthews, dammit! You can drain the life force from his career in order to stay alive another year if you must, you sick, twisted Alp.

5. What gives with that 2010 class?

It’s interesting that so many players at the top of the 2010 draft have moved. The Erik Gudbranson trade was the most recent, but the others traded include Tyler Seguin, Ryan Johansen, Nino Niederreiter and Brett Connolly. Jeff Skinner was taken at No. 7, and his name has circulated in trade rumors the last couple years.

Why in the ever-loving fuck would the Hurricanes trade Skinner?

Maybe last year when they were balls-deep in a full rebuild Ronnie would have considered it, but coming off a year where they were on the fringe of the playoffs for a good portion of the year and where his 28 goals were by a significant margin the most on the team and, to top it all off, need to add about $13 million in cap space just to reach the floor...

Yeah.

Cake Boss

Banned
He's not saying that he's currently being shopped or is rumored to be traded, he's saying the past few years he has been shopped around, which was true.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why in the ever-loving fuck would the Hurricanes trade Skinner?

Maybe last year when they were balls-deep in a full rebuild Ronnie would have considered it, but coming off a year where they were on the fringe of the playoffs for a good portion of the year and where his 28 goals were by a significant margin the most on the team and, to top it all off, need to add about $13 million in cap space just to reach the floor...

Yeah.

we'll trade you character guys in Laich, Michalek, Bernier and Lupul for Skinner.

We'll throw in a 7th too :p

Quick

Banned
DUDE!! NHL 2002 was my favorite hockey game of all time for quite some time. I got so much replay value from that game.

NHL 2002 was my first hockey game. I probably ate up a ton of time on season mode. Then I found Dynasty Mode and that's when I truly got sucked into the NHL series.

I skipped NHL 2003 and went for 2004 eventually because of updated rosters and graphics - but I bought that around the time NHL 2005 was already available. But PC still.

And NHL 2002 has the most hype intro in the series.

Wait quick, did you finish LiS already? ��

I did. :'(

Chris R

POMPIDOU THO

I'm pretty sure he's alive at the end of Ep5 though? He was in the Diner at least. That's why I had no problem with screwing the Bay, nobody that you could save was dead, so what if the city had to rebuild or if a few other people died.

NHL 2002 was my first hockey game. I probably ate up a ton of time on season mode. Then I found Dynasty Mode and that's when I truly got sucked into the NHL series.

I skipped NHL 2003 and went for 2004 eventually because of updated rosters and graphics - but I bought that around the time NHL 2005 was already available. But PC still.

And NHL 2002 has the most hype intro in the series.

Yes! Such great memories for me. My other favorite was I think NHL 06? I can't remember the exact year but that sounds right. Maybe it was 07 or 08? But it had a four player minigame that was fun as hell that was essentially 21 of hockey. Where whoever had the puck tried to score and the other 3 did whatever they could to stop him. Me and my friends played that for hours

Yawnier

Banned
Watch Dogs 2...I never asked for this game. Did anyone else? The teaser seemed like a huge waste of time.

I'm hoping it sees massive improvement, like Assassin's Creed had, between the first and second game.

Or, I guess it'll eventually end up at the $10 bin like the first game within a year or so. Even at $10, I wouldn't pick up Watch Dogs. And I was pretty excited about it from when it was announced.

I wasn't a huge fan of Mirror's Edge when it came out, but I'm willing to give it another try before I consider trying Catalyst. The Chvrches track for the game is pretty good though. lol

Ubisoft published games tend to drop in price pretty quickly, even some of their better ones. I never ever buy the Ubisoft games at launch because of that.

Also Mirror's Edge is a decent game. I played it for the first time back in march and liked it, there's not many first person games out there like it and the time trial/speedrun challenge things in it are fun too.

Sleeping Dogs was ok but weirdly overrated. Visually great, especially for it's time, and some surprisingly good melee action in an open world crime game. I think the way I hated the DLC so much made me like the main game less in hindsight.

Bruh I thought I was alone on Sleeping Dogs. It's a mostly alright game but yeah it is overrated on here.

Cake Boss

Banned
I installed NHL 04 on PC a week ago, and have been playing it ever since. Has a couple of mods with 2016 rosters and faces which oddly look better than actual NHL16 faces.

imBask

Banned
The only thing that sucks with the idea of NHL 18 being on Frostbite is that they're obviously going to strip EVERYTHING out, as they do, and add everything back in every year

19 - NEW FEATURE : BE A PRO!
20 - NEW FEATURE : GM MODE
21 - NEW FEATURE : Arizona Coyotes added to the game (forgot about them, didn't get any email about it for the past 3 years, sorry LOL)

DopeyFish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really do love Laine's attitude though, he's great. Hockey needs more personalities like him.

Hopefully the NHL doesn't suppress it within a year or two, which is probably inevitable

But does he cheat at faceoffs? oh wait....

eyeless

apparently matthews will be on overdrive 2day

also looks like top prospects will be on coach's corner 2nite minus pulju
FdspUST.png

DopeyFish

Gonna be awkward for cherry

A finn, a swede, 2 yankees and the only canadian is a frenchman

He may implode

Socreges

Banned
Groupon seems amazing, but there's a mountain of fine print.
I bought brush heads that had Phillips on the picture. The item description said Phillips. The ones I received were generic and the bristles were useless. They initially agreed to compensate me and then followed up and said they wouldn't. No fine print to point to. Just straight up fraud.

Top Bottom