• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Meanwhile, at Rogers...

spongebob-squarepants-brain-on-fire.jpg

30 thoughts:

12. At Vancouver’s end-of-season media conference, Trevor Linden quashed rumours he’d look to bring another executive into the hockey department. Prior to that comment, I wondered if someone like Dale Tallon could be a fit. He did receive an extension in Florida but the Panthers are also undergoing a shift to more of an analytics-based approach. He’s had success building two teams, so it would come down to whether or not he and Jim Benning could work together. Benning might also appreciate never talking to a reporter again. Tallon was Vancouver’s first-ever draft pick. Maybe he’s still got a membership at Point Grey. Purely my opinion.

DALÈ

I know this is off topic but How about them Raptors? This is the best season since the Vince Carter era, yet people are on the Jays and Leafs Bandwagon but not the Raptors.

At least me and Kave know these Raptors have promise.

Batman confirmed to be written and directed by Affleck?

I'm excited to see the best Batman film ever made.

EDIT: Also legit surprised and a bit depressed that a NCAA UFA that is as good as Caggiula is apparently being ignored by the Wild. He's gud. Wild should be on him like Kessel on a hot dog.

zroid

Banned
I know this is off topic but How about them Raptors? This is the best season since the Vince Carter era, yet people are on the Jays and Leafs Bandwagon but not the Raptors.

They're losing to the Sixers

Cake Boss

Banned
God damn at that Melnyk, completely ruined any good will, hope or high that all the SNES fans were running on for the past 2 days.

Asshole just likes to come in and run his mouth and embarrass us all. Please go away

Man, if the Jays falter this year, Rogers might want to consider their payroll decisions.

Back to back 1st round exits are great at killing a buzz.

zroid

Banned
Back to back 1st round exits are great at killing a buzz.

I think it's more than that, the second half of last season was a tire fire which continued into the playoffs. If they hadn't been playing so bad, and if the series were actually competitive, there wouldn't be as much scepticism.

I think it's more than that, the second half of last season was a tire fire which continued into the playoffs. If they hadn't been playing so bad, and if the series were actually competitive, there wouldn't be as much scepticism.

Yea, absolutely.

heh, it was okay, that's about it

See I loved DS1 and Bloodyborne but hated DS2

The atmosphere and setting of Bloodborne to me was so much better than the Souls setting. Also the OST is better too

I think I prefer the faster gameplay but I like both.

But I agree.. I am loving DS3 so far

Silexx

What did he say?

Going by the media and social media reaction, two things came out:

1) He kinda reneged on the "GM will have the resources to get best coach available".

2) He stated that "no player is untouchable".

The second thing may be getting blown outta proportion since what he was really saying is that he wouldn't nix a deal that the GM would do to make the team better, no matter which Sens player was involved. But he said it's not like he expects Dorion to actually trade Karlsson or anything. In other words, Melnyk is giving Dorion full autonomy is making roster moves.

Going by the media and social media reaction, two things came out:

1) He kinda reneged on the "GM will have the resources to get best coach available".

2) He stated that "no player is untouchable".

The second thing may be getting blown outta proportion since what he was really saying is that he wouldn't nix a deal that the GM would do to make the team better, no matter which Sens player was involved. But he said it's not like he expects Dorion to actually trade Karlsson or anything. In other words, Melnyk is giving Dorion full autonomy is making roster moves.

Yeah that second one might have some people angry. There's no way that the Sens would trade Karlsson, you just don't do it.same with PK. That Defence would be a black hole.

At least the future is bright for SNES. Chabot is a defensive monster for the Sea Dogs right now. They are up 2-1 on the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles in the QMJHL playoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not going to lie, it feels pretty good to come home and not have to watch the Habs lose a game.

Socreges

Banned
We got Luca Asbestos

Fucking shit. Some other problems as well. Great house but not sure if we want to run the risk now.

Socreges

Banned
Have them work the repair into your offer.
Yeah. We're going to ask them to cover it and they'll likely respond by suggesting we split the cost.

There are also ventilation problems, possible drainage problems, heating concerns... But shit that comes with most homes we'd actually be able to afford in this area...

Cake Boss

Banned
Canadiens keep coach, GM; clearly don't know why team failed

No team in NHL history that earned at least 41 points through 26 games (as the Canadiens did) went on to miss the playoffs until this Canadiens team.

If you were expecting some kind of drastic change to the organization after such a nightmare of a season, it would be understandable.

You would also be wrong.

But pointing to his injury being the cause of the failed season only identifies one of the symptoms (Price wasn't there to bail them out).

It does not identify the actual problem, which is the fact they need Price to be there to bail them out. It is not just about the injury to Price. It is about the fact the team is completely incapable of winning without him.

Being worse without him is understandable. Being the worst team in the league since he last played (their 48 points after Price's last game on Nov. 23 were the fewest in the NHL) is not.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-o...ep-coach-gm-clearly-dont-know-why-they-failed

full

Some nice morning ether from CBS.

Foggy

The timing of Therrien's eventual firing pretty much guarantees Claude Julien won't be available and Patrick Roy will be available. The NHL needs a Mike Milbury Bruins vs Patrick Roy Habs rivalry. It's what's best for business.

imBask

Banned
The timing of Therrien's eventual firing pretty much guarantees Claude Julien won't be available and Patrick Roy will be available. The NHL needs a Mike Milbury Bruins vs Patrick Roy Habs rivalry. It's what's best for business.

shut
your
dirty
mouth

i'll fight you irl, NOOOOOOO

Solo

Why didn't any of the reporters ask "Geoff, Marc, Mike: What happens if Carey Price gets hurt again next year or simply has a bad year?" in response to all their "with a healthy Carey Price we aren't in this situation" nonsense?

It's crazy and beyond frustrating that the problems with the team are glaringly obvious to ANYONE who watches them and yet the braintrust either has absolutely no clue what is wrong with their team, or is willfully ignorant and willing to gamble everything on one player.

Problems with the team:
- No second line. This to me is the worst offense of all. Okay, with Patches-BGally-AGally we finally have a top line, but we need a second line. In its entirety. Im not talking about Plekanec playing with Byron. We need a new, legit second line left winger. We need a new, legit second line right winger. We need a new, legit second line centre. We need a new, wholesale, legit 2nd line that can score, and we are absolutely fucked until we have this.
- Over-reliance on Carey Price to win games.
- Sketchy defensive core.
- An awful coach in every regard - player utilization, strategy, communication, you name it - who somehow keeps his job after a historic collapse.
- Awful assistant coaches who get to keep their jobs despite icing a dreadful powerplay for 3 seasons now.
- An awful AHL coach who gets to keep his job despite developing a sum total of 0 NHL ready prospects and making the playoffs 0 times in 4 years.
- An awful GM who not only hasn't made the team any better, but played chicken and lost with Subban and is likely to do so again with Galchenyuk, who has traded for spare parts and scrubs, and who has allowed all these coaches to keep their jobs.
- An awful owner who lets all of this go down without change.

Problems with the team according to the Three Stooges of our inept management:
- Carey Price was injured.
- Not enough "character" 3rd and 4th line journeyman scrubs to bring grit and respeck .

This is maybe even worse than Gainey & Gauthier. Probably the worst and most inept Habs GM/HC combo since Rejean Houle & Mario Tremblay.

Why didn't any of the reporters ask "Geoff, Marc, Mike: What happens if Carey Price gets hurt again next year or simply has a bad year?" in response to all their "with a healthy Carey Price we aren't in this situation" nonsense?

It's crazy and beyond frustrating that the problems with the team are glaringly obvious to ANYONE who watches them and yet the braintrust either has absolutely no clue what is wrong with their team, or is willfully ignorant and willing to gamble everything on one player.

Problems with the team:
- No second line. This to me is the worst offense of all. Okay, with Patches-BGally-AGally we finally have a top line, but we need a second line. In its entirety. Im not talking about Plekanec playing with Byron. We need a new, legit second line left winger. We need a new, legit second line right winger. We need a new, legit second line centre. We need a new, wholesale, legit 2nd line that can score, and we are absolutely fucked until we have this.
- Over-reliance on Carey Price to win games.
- Sketchy defensive core.
- An awful coach in every regard - player utilization, strategy, communication, you name it - who somehow keeps his job after a historic collapse.
- Awful assistant coaches who get to keep their jobs despite icing a dreadful powerplay for 3 seasons now.
- An awful AHL coach who gets to keep his job despite developing a sum total of 0 NHL ready prospects and making the playoffs 0 times in 4 years.
- An awful GM who not only hasn't made the team any better, but played chicken and lost with Subban and is likely to do so again with Galchenyuk, who has traded for spare parts and scrubs, and who has allowed all these coaches to keep their jobs.
- An awful owner who lets all of this go down without change.

Problems with the team according to the Three Stooges of our inept management:
- Carey Price was injured.
- Not enough "character" 3rd and 4th line journeyman scrubs to bring grit and respeck .

This is maybe even worse than Gainey & Gauthier. Probably the worst and most inept Habs GM/HC combo since Rejean Houle & Mario Tremblay.

I... I think we can be friends now.

zroid

Banned
RIELLY AND KADRI 6 YEAR DEALS!

YAAAAYYYYYY

edit: fuck every single media member who said Kadri was definitely going to get a cheap 1 year deal or be traded

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Come on guys, there will be drastic changes to the team... in goal next season, don't worry.

This is fine.

Top Bottom