• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
So... according to Chris Johnston, Brooks Laich was given Lupul's locker. Before now Lupul despite injuries or whatever, he always had the same locker while with the Leafs.

That is... interesting

Alright alright HabsGAF.

What were the 3 positive things about this season?

Here were mine:

1.Galchenyuk finally coming out of his shell and scoring 30 goals.

2.The Rookies: Daniel Carr,Sven Andrighetto Mark Barberio . Daniel Carr is the one who most surprised me, and I want him on that second line with Plekanec. There was a play just before the end of the season that I think Carr and Plekanec have some good chemistry going. I'd like to see Pateryn and Barberio on the 3rd Defenseman Line.

3.Condon holding down the fort for Price.For his first year in the NHL. He did pretty damn good for a rookie goaltender. His Winter Classic start was amazing. He has a lot of things to learn but I'm comfortable about Condon being Price's Backup. I'm more Comfortable with Condon than I was with Fish Flopper Torkarski.

imBask

Banned
Alright alright HabsGAF.

What were the 3 positive things about this season?

Here were mine:

1.Galchenyuk finally coming out of his shell and scoring 30 goals.

2.The Rookies: Daniel Carr,Sven Andrighetto Mark Barberio . Daniel Carr is the one who most surprised me, and I want him on that second line with Plekanec. There was a play just before the end of the season that I think Carr and Plekanec have some good chemistry going. I'd like to see Pateryn and Barberio on the 3rd Defenseman Line.

3.Condon holding down the fort for Price.For his first year in the NHL. He did pretty damn good for a rookie goaltender. His Winter Classic start was amazing. He has a lot of things to learn but I'm comfortable about Condon being Price's Backup. I'm more Comfortable with Condon than I was with Fish Flopper Torkarski.

1-Late season Galchenyuk
2-Dead weight getting dumped, Sekac, Semin, DSP, Kassian, Weise (considering the contract he'll get)
3-The hope of something good in Pateryn and Barberio

zroid

Banned
holy fuck $4.5 for Kadri

AMAZING

dko61tm.png

Rielly's is a bit higher than I expected but it's fine

Samyy

He had bad luck and low shooting percentage this year. Should have been around 9-10% instead of where he was at which would put him into the 20+ goal range.

Also played a significant part of the year with Michael Grabner

THOSE DEALS HOLY SHIT

Thank you Toronto media for probably depreciating Kadri's value with the incessant Kadri hate, same thing they did for Gardiner :D

Foggy

Kind of bold to sign a 4th line center to 6 years since the Leafs are gonna have Stamkos, Matthews, and Tavares in 2018

Edit: whoa that's a great deal. Who are these Leafs and where do they get off on being savvy and shit?

Krayon and Rielly signed :3

Feels good for Kadri especially when he'd been ostracised forever for his "poor play" for things that don't show on the score sheet despite helping to drive his line mates.

edit: holy shit 4.5mil Lou da God

ACC needs Lou chants next year

Barrie is going to get paid now that Reilly got an early over payment.

They probably showed Kadri the video of him being embarrassed by Giordano and said, "4.5 is all your worth, hell this is being generous."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Still gives us huge flexibility going forward with regards to UFA as we are buying cowen out.

I still think we need to trade michalek somehow or buy him out and bozak would be a good target to retain and trade to a bubble/contendera team for a 1st round pick conversion

zroid

Banned
Barrie is going to get paid now that Reilly got an early over payment.

They probably showed Kadri the video of him being embarrassed by Giordano and said, "4.5 is all your worth, hell this is being generous."

If Barrie doesn't get paid, he should fire his agent. He's one of the best D men in the league.

LevelNth

Banned
Leafs still have $25m in cap space this summer (+Cowen buyout and Horton/Robidas LTIR relief) and have no major contracts left to redo on roster.

This number will go to nearly $31m if Lupul remains on LTIR as some believe he may.

The following summer will see an additional $17m open up in cap space with the departure of Bernier, Michalek, Laich and Hunwick.

$~42m-47m in cap space available to be spent in the next two summers.

So... according to Chris Johnston, Brooks Laich was given Lupul's locker. Before now Lupul despite injuries or whatever, he always had the same locker while with the Leafs.

That is... interesting

That's a 70% chance of Lupul getting hurt walking to his locker, so this is a good move.

imBask

Banned
Leafs still have $25m in cap space this summer (+Cowen buyout and Horton/Robidas LTIR relief) and have no major contracts left to redo on roster.

This number will go to nearly $31m if Lupul remains on LTIR as some believe he may.

The following summer will see an additional $17m open up in cap space with the departure of Bernier, Michalek, Laich and Hunwick.

$~42m-47m in cap space available to be spent in the next two summers.

10M to Grabner
10M to Okposo

calder

That Kadri deal is a really good contract for the Leafs and pretty good for him too. I'd love for the Jets to get Scheifele done for something similar to that if possible; it would be a higher AAV certainly but if it was close I'd be thrilled.

Top Bottom