• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nobody told me there was a new Voltron series coming to Netflix.

Saaaay what?

Seeing Habs fans turn on Bergevin makes me worried in the future for the day Shanahan, Dubas, and/or Hunter get the boot. Unless they go full-on Detroit with the front office and they all stick around or something.

Lou will walk into the sunset in 2-3 years most likely.

Maybe we should keep Bozak around just to make sure we have someone to expose :lol

Or can we count on Lupul playing 40 games next season? I think not.

The two Fs could be Lupul and Bozak, or swap one with Komarov if necessary. D is a bit trickier...

Lupul will never play another game with the Leafs. Lou already spoke to him.

He's been Robidas'd.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lupul will play

Otherwise we should buy him out and trade Bozak straight and Michalek 50% retained, and that would open the door for Stamkos

JVR - Stamkos - Komarov
Nylander - Kadri - Brown
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Soshnikov -Laich - Greening/Kapanen

Combined with Cowen that would be 2 of our 3 buyouts this CBA

We'd also shoulder $700k between the two this year then basically $3.2 the year after then $1.5 million for two years after

Those will be easier to swallow when Greening/Komarov/Laich/Bernier contracts clear.

We're gonna lose a really good player to the draft no matter what we do

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lupul will play

Otherwise we should buy him out and trade Bozak straight and Michalek 50% retained, and that would open the door for Stamkos

JVR - Stamkos - Komarov
Nylander - Kadri - Brown
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Soshnikov -Laich - Greening/Kapanen

Combined with Cowen that would be 2 of our 3 buyouts this CBA

We'd also shoulder $700k between the two this year then basically $3.2 the year after then $1.5 million for two years after

Those will be easier to swallow when Greening/Komarov/Laich/Bernier contracts clear.

We're gonna lose a really good player to the draft no matter what we do

"A really good player"

DopeyFish

Peter Holland: Probably gone
I’ve said this for a while now and while I haven’t liked saying it, the writing appeared to be on the wall toward the end of the season: Holland, who is a restricted free agent, is probably done with the Leafs.

Multiple sources have told me Mike Babcock isn’t Holland’s biggest fan and on a team with a clear direction and limited roster spots available, that might mean goodbye.

excitedsmiley.gifc200_zpssyuvblos.gif~original

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can we stop with the Stamkos to Habs garbage? It's not happening, and we shouldn't want it to happen anyways.

- has highly questionable D beyond Subban and Beaulieu
Wut

Markov makes for a very good top 4 guy, Petry is an excellent top 4 guy and Barberio is a stud in that 5th-6th position. Our D isn't the problem, it's Therrien's obsession with chipping the fucking puck out of our zone on every single play. We have a very mobile defense, Therrien & hopefully Muller now need to use it to their advantage.

DopeyFish

so apparently HF main site is being closed July 1st... Evolve/Crave are shutting it down

HFboards is assumed to remain... but as someone who used to work for TXB... sometimes these things won't last forever.

so apparently HF main site is being closed July 1st... Evolve/Crave are shutting it down

HFboards is assumed to remain... but as someone who used to work for TXB... sometimes these things won't last forever.

HFBoards has been always been entertaining. I've seen some of the worst trade proposals on that site.

Samyy

Good riddance
Honestly, the Leafs fans on that site have to be the stupidest people.

Yawnier

Banned
The trade board is the best part of HFBoards. It's funny seeing fans of various teams piss on each other and the players on each team.

I don't know where I'm gonna get my 100 gazillion JVR and Bozak trade proposals if they shut down.

zroid

Banned
The trade board is the best part of HFBoards. It's funny seeing fans of various teams piss on each other and the players on each team.

I don't know where I'm gonna get my 100 gazillion JVR and Bozak trade proposals if they shut down.
Creeper, you gotta step your game up

Curufinwe

Oiler fans trying to pretend they weren't fleeced in the Reinhart trade is very funny.

Quick

Banned
Most nerve-wracking thing I had to do today: ask my boss to be my job reference. I didn't want to get into the discussion of looking for a new job just yet, but it happened anyway lol.

All I could really say was "I'm exploring my options."

Most nerve-wracking thing I had to do today: ask my boss to be my job reference. I didn't want to get into the discussion of looking for a new job just yet, but it happened anyway lol.

Shoulda whipped out your balls and slapped em on the table. Showed him who the real boss is

Or show him your sick photshops of Kessel

"I'm open to returning but I want to test free agency."

Cross post because I posted in the wrong thread.

I guess Sherman left the Avs. He sucked, but he probably brought in more talent than Sakic/Roy. Under Roykic we're going to lose Stastny, O'Reilly, Barrie and possibly Duchene. There's a rumor the Avs are offering Duchene for Trouba, Sakic is such a dumb fuck if he implodes this team instead of firing Roy.

Quick

Banned

I guess Sherman left the Avs. He sucked, but he probably brought in more talent than Sakic/Roy. Under Roykic we're going to lose Stastny, O'Reilly, Barrie and possibly Duchene. There's a rumor the Avs are offering Duchene for Trouba, Sakic is such a dumb fuck if he implodes this team instead of firing Roy.

Didn't realize the amount of notable names that the Avs have lost.

When losing Duchene is a real possibility, it should be when Sakic and Roy ask "what are we doing?"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Roy saying the Avs need more D men with a better + / - while trying to move Barrie is probably the most terrifying thing said by any coach this off season

zroid

Banned
Roy saying the Avs need more D men with a better + / - while trying to move Barrie is probably the most terrifying thing said by any coach this off season

I remember that quote but I had blocked it out.

Yeesh

Being an Avs fan right now is probably a lot like being a Leaf fan in 2014, except (a) the Avs are wasting a more talented roster, and (b) the path to divesting themselves of the Sakic/Roy regime is a lot less clear than MLSE bringing in Shanahan to drop the hammer on Nonis and co.

Duchene for Trouba???? What.

Solo

Markov makes for a very good top 4 guy, Petry is an excellent top 4 guy and Barberio is a stud in that 5th-6th position. Our D isn't the problem, it's Therrien's obsession with chipping the fucking puck out of our zone on every single play. We have a very mobile defense, Therrien & hopefully Muller now need to use it to their advantage.

Markov is 62 years old and despite all this "advanced stats" jiggery pokery, I've yet to see anything out of Petry. Barberio is a nice third pairing guy, but....that's your third pairing.

Top Bottom