• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

I think I looked up why or how long it takes for NeoGAF to approve accounts back when I was still waiting, and I ended up looking at a Gamespot thread talking about it negatively. People were waiting a year or something. lol

Isn't it all done manually? I am sure some fall through the cracks

What a load of bullshit, I wanted to troll a "zroid" comment at PPP but I have to register for the site AND it takes a day to become active? But my take is sizzling NOW!

This is like a mandatory "cool off" waiting period to buy a handgun but worse because my ability to mock the Leafs is impacted.

Cranky calder angry he's stuck with Lyin' Pat Laine, so he is taking shots at Honest zroid. Sad!

Quick

Banned
Isn't it all done manually? I am sure some fall through the cracks

Yeah, EviLore and another mod take care of account approvals. Which is honestly probably for the best. If anything, I'd like to think that the registration page probably turns people away from the get go, since it requires specific types of email addresses.

I'll be really surprised if the Oilers don't trade their pick

I don't know, can go either way. /hot take

But seriously, I'd flip that 4th + assets for a good Defenceman if I were them, but they already know what they need...I hope. lol

Edit: Holy shit, I registered in 2011. I didn't even realize how much time has passed for me here.

Yeah, EviLore and another mod take care of account approvals. Which is honestly probably for the best. If anything, I'd like to think that the registration page probably turns people away from the get go, since it requires specific types of email addresses.

But seriously, I'd flip that 4th + assets for a good Defenceman if I were them, but they already know what they need...I hope. lol

Edit: Holy shit, I registered in 2011. I didn't even realize how much time has passed for me here.

Yeah I have been here almost 2 years already... Doesn't feel that way. First season with NHL gaf was fun too. Can't believe I didn't come here right away. But for my first year I stuck mainly to gaming.

Quick

Banned
Yeah I have been here almost 2 years already... Doesn't feel that way. First season with NHL gaf was fun too. Can't believe I didn't come here right away. But for my first year I stuck mainly to gaming.

I was around during the latter days of Manics and Forza and their alts. God love 'em...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

This is what they should do, and what seems obvious, but it's the Oilers so they probably won't do it.

Same here, I thought you were here before me for a while for some reason

Or Vancouver. Benning wants what he knows and knows what he wants.
Benning is the wild card that keeps on giving, can't wait to see what awful trades he has lined up for the draft.

Quick

Banned
Benning is the wild card that keeps on giving, can't wait to see what awful trades he has lined up for the draft.

Benning's trades remind me of NHL Be A GM-type trades, which also reminds me of JFJ's trades when he was with the Leafs.

Benning has the cap to at least rein him in a little. Can't just trade your 1st round and 2nd round picks for the next 6 years for Subban or something.

Line_HTX

Guys... the fissure is back.

The PAINNNNNNN

So much anal pain.... coincides with the Pens winning the cup tonight... Fucking Caps. Worthless shitheads.

What the fuck??? Did you eat something bad?

Holy shit, I signed up around the same time! Took me one month to wait, but it was mostly Toonami and NFL. Really, the majority of gaming that I ever took part in was Fighting Game Headquarters after it got moved to Community.

I'm glad I branched out in posting in different places now in 2016.

You guys are making me feel old ;_;

Almost 16 years here at this point

dayummm you old as fuck dopey

edarem-o.gif

I am also closing in on 10,000 posts.... idk how I feel about that

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm assuming everyone will have been perma banned within the next 10 years and I'll dip

Line_HTX

If it could end before the Euro starts on Friday that would be great.

NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals ending as Euro 2016 begins...

Pretty good use of time for June, I'd say, lol

I always want the SCF to go to Game 7 while the NBA Finals end in a sweep ideally.

UEFA and CONMEBOL need to make their own tournament just for them

it would be the best by far

Yeah CONCACAF is a joke same with OCEANIA. Asia is getting some teams like the rise of Japan and South Korea but they still have yet to make any real noise. Africa seems to be hit or miss, they have some great talent for sure especially Algeria and Morocco.

But I agree with that. That would be a legit tourney. Just switch off hosting it each time on the different continent

Yawnier

Banned
Honestly no one at 30th/31st is sounding that inticing looking at all these mock drafts.

Fucking Pittsburgh :mad:

I'm expecting them to trade down from pick 31 anyways. But I don't know what they are going to do with the Pittsburgh pick. I'll assume make a pick at 30, or package it for a goalie or something.

calder

You guys are making me feel old ;_;

Almost 16 years here at this point

About the same for me, I joined in either '98 or '99 after lurking for a few months. I don't remember what the process was back then but I'm pretty sure you just picked a username and password and that was it, I'm not sure if you even had to wait for the email. Different times...

About the same for me, I joined in either '98 or '99 after lurking for a few months. I don't remember what the process was back then but I'm pretty sure you just picked a username and password and that was it, I'm not sure if you even had to wait for the email. Different times...

the-office-5.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

back then it was ezboards and no waitlist as almost nobody was here

imBask

Banned
you don't know shit until you've done time in the GAF-jail. Apparently, someone (not pointing fingers) left the toilet overflowing the last time they went there, at least that's what i've heard

Pretty excited about the staff overhaul the Wild are doing this year. New head coach and two assistants, as well as a new doctor and strength/conditioning coach.

Powerplay is going to be better no matter what because it has been abysmal for years. PK/Defense should be solid with Stevens. The team doctors have been trash for years, either underestimating injuries (Koivu, Backstrom, Vanek, among others) or missing injuries entirely (Parise's foot the other year). Conditioning has been an issue with several players over the last few years and it isn't because they are lazy players (Vanek aside).

Hopefully they bring in some new scouting personnel as well. Very little success in that field for a while.

Add in some new faces on the actual playing roster and this feels like a very fresh off-season for me and many other Wild fans. Exciting.

Top Bottom