• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Chris R

Pretty excited about the staff overhaul the Wild are doing this year. New head coach and two assistants, as well as a new doctor and strength/conditioning coach.

Powerplay is going to be better no matter what because it has been abysmal for years. PK/Defense should be solid with Stevens. The team doctors have been trash for years, either underestimating injuries (Koivu, Backstrom, Vanek, among others) or missing injuries entirely (Parise's foot the other year). Conditioning has been an issue with several players over the last few years and it isn't because they are lazy players (Vanek aside).

Hopefully they bring in some new scouting personnel as well. Very little success in that field for a while.

Add in some new faces on the actual playing roster and this feels like a very fresh off-season for me and many other Wild fans. Exciting.

I think the Wild are going to be a solid 2 or 3 in the Central next season. Central just keeps getting better and better, minus the Avs :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I lurked back in the ezboards days then BigJonsson somehow convinced me to sign up and here I am!

I was a weak rookie in the days of Manics/Forza/Bish and super literate, highly educated poster Mike Works filling up the threads with witty banter.

2006 or so was when I started posting more regularly here after laughing at the battles Manics would have with Habs-GAF.

I legit have no idea who we are gonna take in the draft. I have been looking at mocks and prospect rankings and shit, and I have fallen on Gauthier as very possible but honestly who knows...

Smart to draft a winger though so I hope we go that route.

Huh... Watch Dogs 2 seems even more interesting. I hope it actually pans better than the first game. The protag seems much more interesting than Aidan Pierce.

:lol GAF gets a shoutout in Gamespot's gameplay video of it.

I joined GAF in July of 2012 to talk about Halo 4, then I didn't get approved until September. I didn't really post in HaloGAF much then, I started posting here first.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I lurked for a couple years back when I was into gaming a lot more, then I discovered NHL-Gaf and lurked for a year or so and only joined Gaf to post here.

I think my favourite moment from when I lurked gaming side was when the Gamespot review came out for that one Zelda game with the 7.8 score, the threads for it were amazing.

zroid

Banned
Lafleur dumping on PK too?

I thought you were supposed to pick a side between Subban or Pacioretty? How can he hate them both?!

Samyy

I heard about NeoGAF on 1up Yours and then lurked gaming -> registered -> only posted in gaming and then discovered the glorious NHL-gaf thread and now its really the only thread I post in.

Merguson

Banned
I joined GAF in July of 2012 to talk about Halo 4, then I didn't get approved until September. I didn't really post in HaloGAF much then, I started posting here first.

I joined in 2007 but I think I didn't realize until several months later that I was approved.

Up until the Halo 4 era, I posted in the HaloGAF thread almost exclusively. After that, I lost interest in Halo and now I just post in NHLGAF.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really not sure what led me to GAF in the first place, something gaming related, but only registered to post in NHLGAF back in 2012 when the sports threads were stickied.

I'm not sure I ever would have found them they way they are now.

Didn't get approved until after Manics was banned but I was there for Beez, I enjoyed reading his father's hot takes.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dreger:

"Vancouver likes fifth overall. They know they’re getting a very, very good player, but Jim Benning did not like being part of the non-playoff picture in the National Hockey League. He’s going to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn’t happen again."

loooool

Socreges

Banned
lemonoftroy6_thumb1.png
I joined around 2000. Back when this was Gaming-Age Forum and there was not even an OT forum. All in one. Every thread had the same people posting in it. No divisions within divisions of community. You knew everyone and their posting habits. NHL-GAF must have started around 2002 or so? Likewise it was just a handful of people and we actually had discussions. Completely different and we all fucking hated each other. It was great.

Socreges

Banned
Why was this Manics guy banned?
Which time? Which account?

Then there's Forza/Greekboy/Lisa Lipps/Epic Tales of Penis/cube444/User33 and their/his relationship to Manics. What a hilarious mess.

Dreger:

loooool
A totally innocuous statement from anyone else. But with the organization still determined to compete now, you know this means he could do something incredibly stupid and short-sighted.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Which time? Which account?

Then there's Forza/Greekboy/Lisa Lipps/Epic Tales of Penis/cube444/User33 and their/his relationship to Manics. What a hilarious mess.

A totally innocuous statement from anyone else. But with the organization still determined to compete now, you know this means he could do something incredibly stupid and short-sighted.

Like trade for bozak, komarov and a 2017 2nd?

We'll even throw in michalek at 50% off and take tanev back as a cap dump!

Look at it as us doing you a favor!

iLLmAtlc

I remember seeing some smoke bout nucks going after Stamkos around the all star break and he would prefer Vancouver over Toronto.

Aquaman is probably desperate enough to try it, those ticket sales have to be cratering.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm pretty sure the first two pages of this thread says it all.
Old school stuff here, back when Canucks-Age was really big and Milly still posted. Also this is amazing:

Wow... I just read Manics twitter account and posts here. The guy's gone crazy. It's just a message board. We're all just having a bit of fun here, no reason to swear at people (except when in good fun)

You expect reasonable and rational thought from manics? That's like...expecting reasonable and rational thought from you.

5 years later and nothing has changed

yyzjohn

Banned
Manics can't be described with words.

Take all the biggest trolls on this board and put them into one posters body and you had Manics, who was also a Leafs fan to make it even worse.

I've only been on here just over three years, wish I had joined sooner, reading the old threads and I'm like WTF

Top Bottom