• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is that because our Leafs still suck, or because youre old, or both?!?

Because I feel the same way

everything sucked then

everything sucks now

but hey... at least there's hope!

We have to go back further, guys

CBA resolution thread 2005

seeing the reaction to the crosby lottery brings me strange feelings

also this:

no thanks, we already have a real hockey team here.

chicago-wolves.jpg

Could the wirtz family have fucked up hockey any worse in chicago. A minor league team outdraws them and has a more rabid fan base.

yyzjohn

Banned
everything sucked then

everything sucks now

but hey... at least there's hope!

seeing the reaction to the crosby lottery brings me strange feelings

also this:

That Chicago quote lol. They've been so good for so long now you almost forget how bad they once were.

zroid

Banned
I wonder how beto feels about Chicago hockey today

has he gone full cocky son of a bitch, or do the memories of the Blackhawks of old still haunt him

based on how most Cubs fans behave these days I'm pretty sure it's the former

GORGES WAS A REAL LEADER AND GIONTA WAS TRASH

Listen I liked Gorgeous Gorges too but I never really saw him as a leader. Gionta was a serviceable Captain but a forgettable one during those years

I wonder what would've happened if Gorges didn't deteriorate as a player.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Moose, gg.

That one match of almost all Torbs was annoying. I couldn't do anything.

And that one guy really hated Mei, lol. He was being an asshole so I blocked him. :D

Moose, gg.

That one match of almost all Torbs was annoying. I couldn't do anything.

And that one guy really hated Mei, lol. He was being an asshole so I blocked him. :D

Haha yeah that guy was getting really mad at my roommate.

The Torb game was bad, I wish people wouldn't do gimmicky stuff like that.

Solo

Definitely my best time here was the 2010 ECF run. I mean, we had the 2014 ECF final run too, but I really felt like that 2010 team was going to do something special as an 8 seed after bouncing the President's trophy winning Caps in 7 after being down 3-1 in the series, and then going on to bounce the defending Stanley Cup champion Pens in 7 after being down 3-2 in the series. It had that "destiny" feel to it....and then Philly curbstomped the Habs. But still, nothing but fond memories of that run, from Halak standing on his head to Hal Gill of all people shutting down Ovi and Sid, to Cammy sniping 12 goals in 14 games the first 2 rounds. Dude was on another level that playoff season.

imBask

Banned
yeah that crazy Halak run was something else... I worked in a grocery store and we would put the game on through the intercom, therefore preventing the cashier from calling us

Yawnier

Banned
I will eternally love Gorges for declining to waive his no trade clause

That was but one of many bullets that Dave Nonis dodged inadvertently. I'm pretty content with how the Franson trade to Nashville worked out, now 1 or 2 of the prospects/picks in that deal need to pan out

calder

Wow, I posted a lot more back then. I guess you guys just aren't as interesting as your forebears? *shrug*

Message originally posted by calder on 07-13-2005 at 09:49 PM:
OMG JESUS CHRIST GLEN HEALEY YOU ARE GETTING STUPIDER AS I WATCH.

Even Bob McKenzie (who normally never argues or takes sides) was stunned at Glen Healey trying to say the players "won" the CBA because it has a "market place". :lol

Well at least some things are eternal.

Samyy

Welp
Working on something at work directly with a partner and I definitely do not have the knowledge/experience that I feel like I should have to work on this project.
Gahhhhhhh

Line_HTX

I skipped it because I cannot stand Olivia Munn.

When it comes to DVD and I can skip past her segments I will watch it.

That's one of those out of place elements. The camera clearly wanted to show her ass and thighs and whip.

Acting aside, she's only there because OMG I'm Aaron Rodgers's wife.

imBask

Banned
That's one of those out of place elements. The camera clearly wanted to show her ass and thighs and whip.

Acting aside, she's only there because OMG I'm Aaron Rodgers's wife.

Olivia Munn will forever be that sexy girl that was on Attack of the Show, I didn't even remember she was with Aaron Rodgers

Curufinwe

Attack of the Show wasn't exactly a hotbed of great young talent but she was easily the least talented performer I ever saw on AotS. Even Ratty Puppet had better acting skills.

Top Bottom